What would be the best PVP class?

#11AngelousWangPosted 12/11/2011 12:53:06 PM

Healing is nerfed by 30% so healers aren't Immortal.

HP is buffed based on your total health amount which makes Tanks even more survivable.

Weak stuns do no not work (abilities that a made to to stun still, but damage abilities with stuns don't).

DPS is Tracked, Healing is Tracked and Damage mitigation/absorption/taken is Tracked.

... All in all it's more less fairly balanced. And most importantly everyone gets rewarded evenly for playing their proper role, rather than being in favour of DPS.

#12AnubisXyPosted 12/11/2011 12:54:05 PM
This game is a lot more balanced than World of Warcraft. There isn't a "god" class for PvP. Almost any class has a chance at beating any other class.*

Even if an Operative or an Assassin jumps out of stealth and starts tearing into you, many classes have tricks they can do to survive and turn the tables. And the Assassin/Operative have tricks they can use as well.

That said, generally speaking the Sorcerer/Sage are popular for PvP because they get a good amount of crowd control, long range damage and, even if not specced for it, their self healing is pretty nice.

But they can get torn up by other players too, don't doubt it.

*Marauders/Sentinels are probably the "worst" class for PvP, but I use that term lightly. They're a close melee class without stealth or much in the way of survivability. They can certainly get kills and tear people up, but in group combat they have a tough time surviving for very long afterwards.

In a lot of respects they're the "glass cannon" of SWtOR; they do lots of damage, but they don't have too many escape or survivability tools and (unlike say, the Sniper) they have to get in close to do damage.

They're quite good in 1v1, but they have trouble in group combat. In Warzones expect them to have a lot of kills but also a lot of deaths.
#13RandomHero86(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 12:57:04 PM
I think ill go gunslinger the hat just looks awesome. Plus I think 60% of the players when this game launches will be picking sith or jedi.
#14BlackScythe0Posted 12/11/2011 1:01:57 PM
RandomHero86 posted...
I think ill go gunslinger the hat just looks awesome. Plus I think 60% of the players when this game launches will be picking sith or jedi.

More like 40% lol.

Troopers and BH will be over represented because of how strong they are.

I just want to make this clear to you, Gunslingers are based off cover which is ok, as long as you aren't being focused. When you are out of cover you cannot use all of your abilities. This makes you fairly immobile in pvp, you can put out a lot of hurt, but if more than one person comes after you I wish you luck.
#15RandomHero86(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 1:03:41 PM
BlackScythe0 posted...
RandomHero86 posted...

More like 40% lol.

I just want to make this clear to you, Gunslingers are based off cover which is ok, as long as you aren't being focused. When you are out of cover you cannot use all of your abilities. This makes you fairly immobile in pvp, you can put out a lot of hurt, but if more than one person comes after you I wish you luck.

Well If I can take 1 guy out quick enough the other guy should be no problem. Also can't I just run backwards shooting well they chase me?
#16Lino82Posted 12/11/2011 1:04:52 PM

The best PvP class is obviously the .

#17BlackScythe0Posted 12/11/2011 1:08:00 PM(edited)
RandomHero86 posted...
BlackScythe0 posted...
RandomHero86 posted...

More like 40% lol.

Well If I can take 1 guy out quick enough the other guy should be no problem. Also can't I just run backwards shooting well they chase me?

I only played the sniper, which is the Imperial version of the gunslinger, and most of is damage was based on casted shots. The mobile abilities I could use were a grenade, a short range debilitating dart, a melee attack with the vibro knife and my basic shot (which doesn't do much damage it's just filler after all).

So you could run backwards, but cc is pretty common in pvp so don't expect that to work too well.

edit: I got to level 16 on my IA in the beta weekend so base all my statements off that!
#18TonehhPosted 12/11/2011 1:09:06 PM
BlackScythe0 posted...

If you feel like you must always be in cover you are doing it wrong. Gunslingers are at their strongest bouncing in and out of cover. They have a lot of buffs for leaving cover making it almost necessary to be moving and jumping and out of cover constantly.
---
I don't need a good reputation. I'm on a message board. - RAD24
#19BlackScythe0Posted 12/11/2011 1:13:24 PM
Tonehh posted...
BlackScythe0 posted...

If you feel like you must always be in cover you are doing it wrong. Gunslingers are at their strongest bouncing in and out of cover. They have a lot of buffs for leaving cover making it almost necessary to be moving and jumping and out of cover constantly.

Ok, so I simply didn't get high enough level. I did some pvp on my sniper at like 15 and found I could do a ton of single target damage but died very quickly when anyone noticed me.
#20RandomHero86(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 1:16:49 PM
Now I'm stuck between Sage(Balance) and gunslinger(Sharpshooter)