Umm... why do military in this game call female officers "Sir"?

#61Paladin ZPosted 1/16/2012 1:26:08 AM
ITT : Non American people act butthurt because America is more important than whatever their country is.

This is not to be disputed. It IS.
---
if you imply that there's anything bad about Bustarina the Sinister Rack I'll cut you down.
#62bigboyhowdy2Posted 1/16/2012 1:35:30 AM
ITT a bunch of ignorant overly naive patriotic idiots without the slightest clue what they're talking about.

Topic over, I'm too pissed at you all to allow this thread to continue.
---
XBL GT: oD3SP3RAD0o
#63BassGsSpDeluxePosted 1/16/2012 1:39:21 AM
Dr_Peaches_III posted...
Exilious posted...
Dr_Peaches_III posted...
ragnaroker2 posted...
It's just common military practice.

I hope you mean in the Star Wars scene. As a soldier for 4+ years, no on in the US Army would dare call a female officer "Sir".

USA =/= entire rest of the world.

And it's largely accepted that the galactic basic version of English is based off of British English.

I'm going to need more proof of this "Sir" business used in other branches of military before I take your word.

Or you could stop being difficult and accept the obviously correct answer clearly in front of you.
---
Now Playing - Skyrim /// Waiting For - Mass Effect 3 (Now with 4p co-op <win!>)
#64bigboyhowdy2Posted 1/16/2012 1:40:04 AM
BassGsSpDeluxe posted...
Dr_Peaches_III posted...
Exilious posted...
Dr_Peaches_III posted...
ragnaroker2 posted...
It's just common military practice.

I hope you mean in the Star Wars scene. As a soldier for 4+ years, no on in the US Army would dare call a female officer "Sir".

USA =/= entire rest of the world.

And it's largely accepted that the galactic basic version of English is based off of British English.

I'm going to need more proof of this "Sir" business used in other branches of military before I take your word.

Or you could stop being difficult and accept the obviously correct answer clearly in front of you.

I said the thread is over.
---
#65BassGsSpDeluxePosted 1/16/2012 1:44:47 AM
bigboyhowdy2 posted...
BassGsSpDeluxe posted...

I said the thread is over.

And you are?

Oh wait...

Actually, I didn't feel like reading all the way to the end as soon as it became a "my country is better than yours!" contest.

Mostly because anyone participating in them are total idiots by default.
---
Now Playing - Skyrim /// Waiting For - Mass Effect 3 (Now with 4p co-op <win!>)
#66bigboyhowdy2Posted 1/16/2012 1:56:39 AM
I am the man in charge around here
---
#67Bigj089Posted 1/16/2012 1:57:18 AM
bigboyhowdy2 posted...
I am the man in charge around here

Says who?
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#68DingChavezPosted 1/16/2012 2:05:22 AM
One of the codex about the Republic Military says all superior officers are called "sir".
---
He-Man has more power than Jesus. He-Man has more power than Jesus.
#69Bigj089Posted 1/16/2012 2:09:03 AM
DingChavez posted...
One of the codex about the Republic Military says all superior officers are called "sir".

Thats already been brought up but as you can see, no one cares. They just want to continue with "who gotz da best military/navy/E-peens/ect." and if people still use sir to refer to women or not in the real world, even if they have no clue first hand on either side of the subject.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#70MagoichiPosted 1/16/2012 3:40:46 AM
Bigj089 posted...
DingChavez posted...

Thats already been brought up but as you can see, no one cares. They just want to continue with "who gotz da best military/navy/E-peens/ect." and if people still use sir to refer to women or not in the real world, even if they have no clue first hand on either side of the subject.

Even if they do have a clue...look at the guy that posted his rank; same narrow stance as the others.