when are they going to fix the jumping animation

#1QuorthunPosted 1/19/2012 1:50:51 PM
It's ****ing god awful
#20300InfantryPosted 1/19/2012 1:52:10 PM
What's wrong with it? I'm pretty sure it was mocapped, like 99% of the animations. Which means it's how real people jump. How is it broken?
---
Gamertag: TG Rabisu
PSN: TGRabisu
#3The TrentPosted 1/19/2012 1:52:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4dee jayPosted 1/19/2012 1:55:09 PM
I would also like to know when they are going to fix this.

I haven't seen any of my characters twirl or do a flip in the air while jumping, EVER. Stupidware better get their **** together.
---
Ghord Dahm Sploicers
#50300InfantryPosted 1/19/2012 1:57:21 PM
dee jay posted...

I haven't seen any of my characters twirl or do a flip in the air while jumping, EVER. Stupidware better get their **** together.

Wha....Not even Michael Jordan did flips when he went for a slam. What are you on about?
---
Gamertag: TG Rabisu
PSN: TGRabisu
#6FaytAwaytsPosted 1/19/2012 2:00:57 PM
dee jay posted...

I do miss doing front flips every where I go....
#7Synn201Posted 1/19/2012 2:01:19 PM
0300Infantry posted...
What's wrong with it?

I'm a jedi and can't do a super jedi jump, that's what's wrong with it. I was highly disapointed...

Wait was this a serious topic?
#8Synn201Posted 1/19/2012 2:03:27 PM
0300Infantry posted...
dee jay posted...

Wha....Not even Michael Jordan did flips when he went for a slam. What are you on about?

O-W (that's what I call him, cause me and OW are tight) did flips when he jumped, so did Luke, why can't my jedi?
#9Quorthun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2012 12:49:10 PM
the animation is awful.
#10theshovellerPosted 1/20/2012 12:58:40 PM
Guys. Guys! Guys. Listen.

They didn't invent flips-while-jumping yet. This is Old Republic era, not "we have midichlorene in our blood" era. Duh.

Seriously though, it's a jump. It's exerting a significant amount of force downward to propel yourself upward for a relatively short distance, at a velocity greather than that of the force of gravity pulling you towards the planet's core until the force of acceleration due to gravity takes over and you decelerate until you begin to accelerate back towards the planet due to the force of gravity until you encounter an object with which you can apply resistance against, ending your acceleration in that direction. It doesn't need to be fancy. We do it all the time in our regular world, same as walking. Make the jump fancy, and I vote we make the walk fancy to overcompensate.

I want to walk like a man who has many women working underneath him for his exclusive profit.