C/D: MMORPGs in general are dying

#1o___OkamiPosted 2/16/2012 3:24:30 PM(edited)
It's not just WoW, people are starting to wise up to the fact that they can play video games with gross amounts of content AND good gameplay without the timesinks/filler.
---
I used to play Skyrim but then I took a patch to the knee.
#2halfassedcomicsPosted 2/16/2012 3:31:49 PM
C and D I guess?

D: F2P MMORPGs are still big in Asia. MMOs in general are still strong in Asia.

C: I can say there were more subs in MMOs (in general) a few years ago.
I can say this because:
EVE Online subs are less than it was
WoW Subs are less of course
Rift definitely
AoC
LotRO despite the initial surge during the F2P conversion
Perfect World
SWTOR is not dying, but more people are finishing their class quests and moving to other games. (Don't use the 1.7 Mil argument here, I have a counter argument)
---
You may have the better car, but i'm a better driver
#3TheWarhammeronlPosted 2/16/2012 3:32:15 PM
I am honestly excited for Guild Wars 2, because it seems to be breaking off from the usualy WoW MMO mold.

I quit SWTOR after a month because i realized it was just WoW with a Star Wars theme, and piss easy end-game content.
---
"Your opinion doesn't matter unless you support it with ACTUAL facts" Mr.Hoshaw 10th grade English teacher
#4SPCLongPosted 2/16/2012 3:33:03 PM
Without trying to sound confrontational, other then The Elder Scrolls what game has as much content? Seems to me most games these days are slim on content.
#5TheSmartestBombPosted 2/16/2012 3:50:27 PM
Things definitely are looking bleak for MMOs. With the announcement of a console version of GW2 completely shattering the hopes of GW2 being good for anyone with the slightest bit of experience and refined taste, the sinking of the TORtanic, and WoW rapidly losing subscribers, I'd say MMOs are in some deep trouble.
#6Number1YoshiFanPosted 2/16/2012 3:57:46 PM

I quit SWTOR after a month because i realized it was just WoW with a Star Wars theme, and piss easy end-game content.

Implying WoW has hard endgame content.
---
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it" - Ferris Bueller
#7Lucavi000Posted 2/16/2012 4:00:34 PM

C and D I guess?

D: F2P MMORPGs are still big in Asia. MMOs in general are still strong in Asia.

C: I can say there were more subs in MMOs (in general) a few years ago.
I can say this because:
EVE Online subs are less than it was
WoW Subs are less of course
Rift definitely
AoC
LotRO despite the initial surge during the F2P conversion
Perfect World
SWTOR is not dying, but more people are finishing their class quests and moving to other games. (Don't use the 1.7 Mil argument here, I have a counter argument)

Swtor has 1.7 million subs bro.
---
oh great... why would they do that? I'm a nerd, that's the exact kind of thing I like to avoid... maybe I'll just buy it during the day -Sahuagin
#8ragnarokiusPosted 2/16/2012 4:12:21 PM

It's hard if you're not over geared or with over geared players. Granted, I've heard the latest end game is extremely easy.
---
Alundra is the best Zelda
#9halfassedcomicsPosted 2/16/2012 4:23:02 PM
Number1YoshiFan posted...

IMO, it used to be.
---
You may have the better car, but i'm a better driver
#10MaluswolfePosted 2/16/2012 4:25:41 PM
Number1YoshiFan posted...

^ Never did C'thun, C'thun TRASH, or 60-Naxx.