do you think this game would have more subscribers.....

#1Fiasco248Posted 4/5/2012 1:09:10 PM
if it was available for mac. I have a few friends that did not want to partition a part of their hd and install a back OS to play this game. I guess they were too lazy or weren't computer literate to do it. seeing how the number of apple users there are in this world, its kinda weird to see it not available. i personally do not think this game is bad, but I will admit the population isnt what I expected it to be. Im sure real gamers roll with a windows based PC, but many casuals have macs and I feel it it was available the game wouldnt be seen as having a lacking population off the bat
#2Freedan12Posted 4/5/2012 1:10:45 PM
mac? You honestly think people can play this game on their crappy ipad?
#3bluemooglePosted 4/5/2012 1:16:21 PM
It would probably get a few more subscribers, but Mac users are also a lot more fickle and prone to following the leader. Just looking at all the hate on these boards would cause majority of them to dismiss the game anyway. It would be a mere passing thought as they entered their closest Starbucks.

Or, for the real reason, porting the game to Mac would cost quite a bit of money, and EAware decided Mac users wouldn't provide enough subscription money to cover the porting expenses.
---
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
#4The_EspiPosted 4/5/2012 1:49:14 PM
I went ahead and partitioned my Hard drive. The only thing on the windows install is TOR. My mac plays it with everything on the highest settings with great FPS(for an above poster).

I would MUCH prefer a Mac client. I could play a little at work if they would release a Mac client.
---
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the internet,and they wont bother you for weeks
Guildsite : TDTguild.com
#5lazycomplifePosted 4/6/2012 1:08:07 PM
bluemoogle posted...
It would probably get a few more subscribers, but Mac users are also a lot more fickle and prone to following the leader. Just looking at all the hate on these boards would cause majority of them to dismiss the game anyway. It would be a mere passing thought as they entered their closest Starbucks.

Or, for the real reason, porting the game to Mac would cost quite a bit of money, and EAware decided Mac users wouldn't provide enough subscription money to cover the porting expenses.

lol...
---
GT/PSN- Sythierius
#6knocks88Posted 4/6/2012 1:43:56 PM
There are ways to run it on mac...
#7jayj420Posted 4/6/2012 1:50:00 PM
knocks88 posted...
There are ways to run it on mac...

Emulating PC games simply sucks. Sure you could install windows through bootcamp, but that pretty much defeats the purpose of a mac. I would love to see this game on mac since it would let me play it on my laptop. Mac compatibility no doubt has a lot to do with WOW's success since I know there is no shortage of mac users out there playing that game.
#8havok718Posted 4/6/2012 2:27:55 PM
Literally a few more, as in 2-3.
#9hustlin_pimpstePosted 4/6/2012 2:31:30 PM
Why are people being so dumb? Of course it would get more players if it opened up to Mac .. why do you think Valve are converting a lot of their games to Mac .. for the fun of it? No, because they know they will make some money.

It may yet come to Mac, but tbh I have no idea if EA or BW do make Mac conversions of their games.
#10kc999Posted 4/6/2012 3:14:29 PM
Freedan12 posted...
mac? You honestly think people can play this game on their crappy ipad?

Sounds like someone doesnt know what a mac is.
---
PSN: kc373
I'm a man of two words... any questions?