Anyway To Avoid Second Boss "Spray-N-Pray" Shot In HM Foundry?

#1Death DurronPosted 4/16/2012 10:32:42 AM
I've ran Hardmode Foundry a few times before Patch 1.2 and though I recall the "spray-n-pray" can kill my sorceror rather fast it doesnt seem to be an issue for the tanks. I don't know the name of it so I just referred to it as "spray-n-pray" as the boss is more or less just unleashing a wide spray of blaster bolts

Fast forward to post 1.2 even a Columni geared juggernaut was mowed down relatively quick and my sorcerer simply could not keep up with the damage.

Since my gear is still the same as the previous times that I've ran the Flash Point and if anything the tank is more geared than the ones I've seen before. I have no idea as to what we're doing wrong. Was the Flash Point buffed or was there something that we weren't doing?

I asked my party if it's possible to line-of-sight the shot but no one mentioned anything. One party member commented that he succesfully completed HM Foundry the previous evening and that his tank just simply did not get mowed down by the boss. I did notice tha the boss was succesfully casting "Power of the core" but wasn't sure if that was related.

I doubt gear was the issue so what could we be doing wrong with this encounter?

Comments and suggestions are appreciated,

Thank you
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#2Death Durron(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2012 11:24:56 AM
Bump
---
#3AceronPosted 4/18/2012 12:19:02 PM
Well, seeing as how power of the core gives him a substantial damage buff, that might be where your problem lies.
---
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL
#4Death Durron(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2012 1:09:10 PM
Aceron posted...
Well, seeing as how power of the core gives him a substantial damage buff, that might be where your problem lies.

Bosses are immune to interrupts though, aren't they? Is the tank suppose to pick up the boss faster before he finish the cast and/or are we suppose to break the panels on the chamber faster?
---
#5PteranPosted 4/18/2012 1:25:58 PM
You need to destroy the four console things that appear around the Core, or you will die <_<

This boss in general is pretty buggy, so you just need to hope that nothing goes horribly wrong. I remember the last time I ran Foundry he wasn't even inside the Core two of the times it dropped...rather than sitting inside like he's supposed to, he was standing in a corner shooting the group.
---
"Im talking about 2 hits. I hit you, you hit the floor." - Keenan
Party Time Jigglypuff - Shadow Hand
#6Death Durron(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2012 6:38:29 AM(edited)
Pteran posted...
You need to destroy the four console things that appear around the Core, or you will die <_<

Thanks for clarification Pteran, I think that's what may have happened. For some reason we only destroyed two of the four panels before the chamber lifted. I myself was never sure of what the panels was meant for and our DPS were more focused on keeping the adds under control.
---