Thinking about buying this game...

#1Azure_SpectrePosted 4/18/2012 10:46:06 AM
I haven't played many MMO's just FFXI, WoW, and Star Wars Galaxies. Is this game anyone good? I mean, is it worth shelling out the $60 upfront as well as the monthly fee?

I was also wondering if this game had Ship-to-ship combat, like Galaxies had? That was my favorite part of the game and if this game has it it'd be a huge selling point.

I also heard that the combat is similar to WoW, Tank/DPS/Healer kind of thing, is that true? And is the combat Better/Worse than WoW?

Anyway, I was just hoping to get some opinions on the game from people who actually play it. Thanks in advance.
#2jackliu239Posted 4/18/2012 10:48:35 AM

Gameplay is exact carbon copy of wow, with voice over that 99% of people skip after the 1st time. As a single player game it is ok, as a MMO, you should look else where. Spacecombat? Google "starfox 60" and what you see is what you get.

So if you are ok with paying 15 dollar a month to play a grindy mediocre single player rpg, go for it.

#3Angry_BuklauPosted 4/18/2012 10:48:37 AM
I wasted 60 dollars on this games purchase and the 4 months I played hoping they were goin gto fix the game breaking glitches and monotonous quests. Trust me, about 80 percent of the servers are completely dead. The other 20 percent have good populations, but are dwindling. It'll be f2p soon and im an idiot for believing in bioware/EA
---
"And Sun Quan...nobody likes Sun Quan. Sun Quan is the Charlie Brown of ROTK."--RedFenrir
#4riddlebox13Posted 4/18/2012 10:50:13 AM
This place isn't a good area to look for suggestions you've already been rushed by at least 1 troll.
#5jackliu239Posted 4/18/2012 10:51:37 AM
riddlebox13 posted...
This place isn't a good area to look for suggestions you've already been rushed by at least 1 troll.

Please excuse me, anyone that does not agree with fanboi on this board is a troll, obvious this game is perfect, it is the best game ever made in the human history, go buy it and playing it forever.
#6riddlebox13Posted 4/18/2012 10:54:03 AM
jackliu239 posted...

riddlebox13 posted...

Please excuse me, anyone that does not agree with fanboi on this board is a troll, obvious this game is perfect, it is the best game ever made in the human history, go buy it and playing it forever.

And anyone who doesn't agree with you is a fanboi... I didn't say anything about the game but there you go proving to everyone that you are indeed a troll.
#7jackliu239Posted 4/18/2012 10:55:43 AM

riddlebox13 posted...
jackliu239 posted...

riddlebox13 posted...

And anyone who doesn't agree with you is a fanboi... I didn't say anything about the game but there you go proving to everyone that you are indeed a troll.

Well I told TC what I think and you called me a troll, therefore it justify me calling you a fanboi in return. (btw revenue =/= profit)

#8Dangerboy22Posted 4/18/2012 10:56:12 AM
jackliu239 posted...

riddlebox13 posted...

Its more about the way you say than it is what you say. You come off as a troll.

Personally, i love this game. Keep in mind I am a huge star wars fan. Its not without its faults, but it is damn good. If you are a star wars fan, play it. Get a free trial if you're unsure. Space combat is similar to a starfox type game, its a fun diversion but bioware has said they have big plans for the space game in the future.

Try it out. If you're a huge star wars nut, you'll love it.
---
---Why do you people try and reason with idiots like the TC? Seriously, it's like Einstein trying to explain the theory of relativity to Forest Gump.---
#9riddlebox13Posted 4/18/2012 10:58:22 AM
jackliu239 posted...

riddlebox13 posted...

jackliu239 posted...riddlebox13 posted...This place isn't a good area to look for suggestions you've already been rushed by at least 1 troll. Please excuse me, anyone that does not agree with fanboi on this board is a troll, obvious this game is perfect, it is the best game ever made in the human history, go buy it and playing it forever.And anyone who doesn't agree with you is a fanboi... I didn't say anything about the game but there you go proving to everyone that you are indeed a troll.

Well I told TC what I think and you called me a troll, therefore it justify me calling you a fanboi in return. (btw revenue =/= profit)

Cool so you didn't really read the thing about me posting that I meants revenue and not profit? Way to bring that up on a different topic... you aren't a troll who's opinion no one cares about after all....
#10jackliu239Posted 4/18/2012 10:58:56 AM
I call it sarcasm, but again, remember who throw out the word "troll" in the first place? riddlebox