This is thrown around alot so I just wanna make sure

#1TheshamenPosted 4/18/2012 1:57:01 PM
I see people calling this a wow copy all the time, but I'm not 100% sure what's a copy of wow and whats simply a trait of the mmo genre could anyone list the instances it copies wow?
---
I will not change this sig until Alterac Valley is reverted pre-BC http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937114
12/21/08
#2SansRulzPosted 4/18/2012 2:04:21 PM
Here we go, Here we go, Here we go again....
#3Jonny2284Posted 4/18/2012 2:04:29 PM
could anyone list the instances it copies wow

Everything, anything else is filthy biodrone propaganda. It's not like this game uses the same formula that Everquest defined and every subsequent MMO has used to one degree or another.
#4Virus731Posted 4/18/2012 2:36:54 PM
Theshamen posted...
I see people calling this a wow copy all the time, but I'm not 100% sure what's a copy of wow and whats simply a trait of the mmo genre could anyone list the instances it copies wow?

This is a WoW copy the same way BF3 is a MW3 clone.
---
Malakyte EP "S2076" Out Now!
http://www.reverbnation.com/malakyte
#5RezidentdevilPosted 4/18/2012 2:50:14 PM
Virus731 posted...
Theshamen posted...

Good example.
---
Evening news is where they begin with 'Good evening', and then proceed to tell you why it isn't.!
#6Virus731Posted 4/18/2012 2:53:34 PM
Rezidentdevil posted...
Virus731 posted...
Theshamen posted...

Good example.

It's the only one you need for all the losers who go around saying it. I honestly just stay off this board for that reason, it paints an awful picture of the game while the game itself is quite wonderful and has a lot of great stuff in it.
---
Malakyte EP "S2076" Out Now!
http://www.reverbnation.com/malakyte
#7SteamedRicePosted 4/18/2012 2:55:31 PM
This game is basically WoW with voice acting and story dialogs on leveling process.

Any why everyone call it WoW clone and not any other mmo like Everquest? Because here is EQ in a nutshell and wow took none of these over, thank god.

- 99.9% grinding monsters.

- No instances, you go into a dungeon and call out camp check and run from room to room in lower guk looking for a spot for your group to settle down and you sat there while 1 puller goes and finds monsters for the group to kill while spawn camping a named for loot. This goes on for hours.

- To find groups, you ran to a dungeon such as solb or lguk and while at entrance you spam LFG or tried to form one with whats available at entrance.

- Trains. While LFG you will occassionally see in chat a yell for trains which signals for you to GTFO out of zone entrance before 100s of monsters rape everyone because a group couldn't handle their pull and pulled too many and they drag everything to entrance.

- Rare spawns on 8+ hour spawn rate that you had to camp if you actually wanted a certain loot. I had a halfling druid back then and farmed stuff like the offhand doll in lake rathe or journeyman boots in Nazjin zone? Btw there were lines to camp those boot which could takes days to get what you want.

- Bosses weren't instanced and shared. If you were an elite guild you had bosses timed and ready to kill as they spawned leaving everyone else with nothing.

- No raid cap, you could have 80+ to fight a boss but all bosses were just tank and spank with bigger AoEs so zerging did not matter.

- No maps.
#8ImpurePariahPosted 4/18/2012 2:57:54 PM
Virus731 posted...
Theshamen posted...

Besides the fact the BF series came way before MW series.

DERP
---
http://www.shadowbrotherhood.org
PSN: ImpurePariah GT: Fieryballs
#9riddlebox13Posted 4/18/2012 2:59:45 PM
ImpurePariah posted...
Virus731 posted...
Theshamen posted...

DERP

It came a year after BF 1942. It is pretty clear what he is trying to try even though he said it wrong....
#10ImpurePariahPosted 4/18/2012 3:01:57 PM(edited)
riddlebox13 posted...
ImpurePariah posted...
Virus731 posted...
Theshamen posted...

DERP

It came a year after BF 1942. It is pretty clear what he is trying to try even though he said it wrong....

Ok?

He's still wrong for saying BF copied CoD......As this seems to be what everyone who is under a certain age thinks.
---
http://www.shadowbrotherhood.org
PSN: ImpurePariah GT: Fieryballs