What is the fastest way to get Rakghoul DNA?

#1SteelWingKnightPosted 4/18/2012 9:08:59 PM
What is the fastest way to get Rakghoul DNA? I just started the event today as I wasnt really able to play the past few days, did all the dailies I could and got 8 DNA. I know people who have bought 2 crystals and a pet, so there has to be a way to get them real fast...

I heard you get some if you die from the plague, but I have been infected and this has yet to happen to me. Whats up with that?
---
~I wish that this night time ~ Would last for a life time~
Now Playing: SWTOR, Knights Contract (360), Jade Empire (PC)
#2koroko_korobasePosted 4/18/2012 9:12:34 PM
Once you get infected (lightheaded) you have 20 minutes to burn before you pop. Whenever you pop, you get 5 samples. Warning: Don't log out when infected. It causes you to permanently be infected until you use a vaccine. At least in mine and my brother's case this was true.
#3riddlebox13Posted 4/18/2012 9:13:05 PM
SteelWingKnight posted...
What is the fastest way to get Rakghoul DNA? I just started the event today as I wasnt really able to play the past few days, did all the dailies I could and got 8 DNA. I know people who have bought 2 crystals and a pet, so there has to be a way to get them real fast...

I heard you get some if you die from the plague, but I have been infected and this has yet to happen to me. Whats up with that?

There is a glitch where some times it will show you as sick but you progress or die from it... Use the vaccine and then click the buff away and you should be fine. Those people who have 2 probably sat on the fleet for like 12 hours just constantly dying.
#4pies12Posted 4/18/2012 9:13:54 PM
When a Rakghoul an adventurer love each other very much they do a special hug.
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.
#5riddlebox13Posted 4/18/2012 9:14:39 PM
you also don't have to die from the infection you can die a completely different way and still get the 5 just as long as you are in the 2nd stage where you begin to vomit.
#6DoopdrooPosted 4/18/2012 9:15:19 PM
Most of the creatures you kill in the Dailies on Tat seem to drop them too.
#7flagg2kplusPosted 4/18/2012 9:44:33 PM
koroko_korobase posted...
Once you get infected (lightheaded) you have 20 minutes to burn before you pop. Whenever you pop, you get 5 samples. Warning: Don't log out when infected. It causes you to permanently be infected until you use a vaccine. At least in mine and my brother's case this was true.

Not true.

At least for me.

I still died from exploding after coming back. Then the virus was gone.
---
Why Mass Effect 3's endings are complete garbage...
gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/
#8havok718Posted 4/18/2012 10:04:11 PM(edited)
If you're in stage 2 but somehow lost the visual appearance of the plague (green mist and glowing eyes), then you're bugged (although sometimes it comes back when you do that puking thing). This sometimes happens when you zone, which includes logging. So it can bug but not always, which explains the above posts.

And if you're bugged during stage 1, I believe you won't do that puking animation.
#9riddlebox13Posted 4/18/2012 9:57:35 PM
Doopdroo posted...
Most of the creatures you kill in the Dailies on Tat seem to drop them too.

Not sure about this but only because I've never had it happen to me.
#10SteelWingKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2012 11:31:24 PM(edited)
koroko_korobase posted...

Thank you. This has got to be the answer. I never even got the infected appearance with the green mist and eyes. So I must be glitched then, hopefully the vaccine can cure that.

As for dying in other ways and still getting the DNA... I wonder if i could get infected, wait until i get stage 2, kill myself by jumping into the pits at the fleet, respawn, and repeat, thus accelerating the process. Might give that a try.
---
~I wish that this night time ~ Would last for a life time~
Now Playing: SWTOR, Knights Contract (360), Jade Empire (PC)