Man this emergency patch was totally worth it

#1iamsuperdude29Posted 4/19/2012 12:38:49 AM
http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.2.0c/4192012

1.2.0c Patch Notes
4/19/2012
General

Corrected an audio issue that could cause a loud, perpetual "jet engine" sound that is most noticeable on the Republic and Imperial Fleets.
Corrected a rare issue that could cause players to be unable to access their guild.

Classes and Combat

Bounty Hunter
Mercenary
Heatseeker Missile: This ability will now only gain extra damage from your additional stacks of Heat Signatures and will not incorrectly detect debuffs from other players.

Trooper

Commando
Demolition Round: This ability will now only gain extra damage from your additional stacks of Gravity Vortex and will not incorrectly detect debuffs from other players.

World Event

Jeelvic the Jawa will no longer take more DNA samples than intended for purchases.
Players who were not properly granted final event codex entry and title for defeating Infected Trapjaw, Zama Brak, and Urtagh will be granted both the title and codex entry.

PvP

Increased rewards for players on the losing side of Warzone matches.
Players will now receive rewards for Warzones if they have earned at least one medal.
---
Gamertag: FiLdo28
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Fildo28?feature=mhee
#2LtRickGreyPosted 4/19/2012 1:04:34 AM
I guess all those people leaving the game because of pvp mattered after all!
#3MajinUltimaPosted 4/19/2012 1:08:58 AM
LtRickGrey posted...
I guess all those people leaving the game because of pvp mattered after all!

--Nah, there was a large feedback thread on it.

Many players pointed out that nerfing rewards for losing doesn't encourage people to try harder to win, it makes them ragequit asap at the slightest inconvenience. If losing doesn't hinder your rewards much, then the only reason to ragequit will be actual rage, or just trying to do a quick daily win.
---
I *heart* Crimson Red Vermillion
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/5220/akiha03.png
#4LtRickGreyPosted 4/19/2012 1:12:47 AM
Dunno what the hell bioware was thinking with that. I notice when my teams are losing (almost always on republic) people just start bailing.
#5MajinUltimaPosted 4/19/2012 1:18:01 AM
There was a lot LESS bailing in 1.1.5 though, where earning 4 medals usually got you near max rewards, win or lose. It didn't often discourage people from trying to win either, because people are naturally somewhat competitive.

I hope the rate of reward gains ends up pretty similar to that. It would also be nice if they added a 5 or 10 Killing Blows medal and 150k damage done medal, since DPS still get shafted on medals, but whatever.

I hope they fixed the bug where companions' stats don't recognize Earpiece and Implant slots.
---
I *heart* Crimson Red Vermillion
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/5220/akiha03.png
#6FTLulzPosted 4/19/2012 1:45:27 AM
Biggest bug for me is still when you log off in your ship, there's some random ass chance of relogging and being stuck in your holoterminal.
#7iamsuperdude29(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2012 1:48:34 AM

Biggest bug for me is still when you log off in your ship, there's some random ass chance of relogging and being stuck in your holoterminal.

wait...like being stuck and not able to move from something you can jump on top of?
---
Gamertag: FiLdo28
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Fildo28?feature=mhee
#8KrazytigerEXPosted 4/19/2012 1:53:35 AM(edited)
Anyone else wondering if they're going to remove the lvl 50 Mob in the lvl 42 zone (belsavis). Trololol.

Me and my guild call him "Juggernaut" Mainly because the guildie who first got killed by him was that class.
#9DarththeoPosted 4/19/2012 2:08:52 AM
KrazytigerEX posted...
Anyone else wondering if they're going to remove the lvl 50 Mob in the lvl 42 zone (belsavis). Trololol.

Me and my guild call him "Juggernaut" Mainly because the guildie who first got killed by him was that class.

Um ... there are natural lv 50 mobs on Belsavis as it is a lv 50 Daily Area ... where did you friend find this lv 50 mob?
---
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patience could feel MY ANGER - Darth Baras
#10FTLulzPosted 4/19/2012 2:19:24 AM
iamsuperdude29 posted...
wait...like being stuck and not able to move from something you can jump on top of?

You know the holoterminal in your ship? You can normally jump on the thing.

But if you log remotely close to it, hell maybe even just inside of your ship, there's a chance you'll spawn 'inside' it when you log back in (at least there is for me) and at that point, you can't jump out. Never try jumping because it loops you and gets you stuck in mid-air so you can't even emergency fleet pass. You can get around that if you did jump by going in a warzone then coming back out (still stuck in the same damn spot) or relogging.

The agent ship allows me to use /stuck and removes me from the holoterminal, but the Sith ships do not and I'm forced to emergency fleet pass. Ridiculous.