jedi guardian spec question

#1Ragnrk88Posted 4/19/2012 9:47:34 AM
I'm thinking about leveling my jedi guardian this weekend but not sure what spec to play as. What's most fun and viable for leveling? Dps or tank? I have a 50 assassin tank that I enjoyed playing but I was wondering how guardian looked/worked. I try to group for heroics and do fps if I can get a group together. But I know the majority of content really is solo. Also wouldnt mind being more pvp either. I'm really open to anything. Thoughts?
#2Wolfwood44Posted 4/19/2012 10:29:09 AM
With the ability to respec being so viable now, try what you like.

I personally am a Guardian tank -- I enjoy it, was able to get through the game/story under leveled (needing help once or twice). Tanking is a fine way to go for solo, especially after you get your healer.

That being said, I don't think I'll ever make a tank again -- sure, it might be viable for the entire game to solo, but it just takes SO long. I paired with a DPS Guardian for a mission that was giving me trouble and he was able to wipe the floor with all the enemies that managed to kill me, as a tank, in less than 60 seconds.

So my next character will be DPS or Healer, and I suggest that you should probably do the same, simply to avoid burnout.
---
GT/PSN: Silt44
SW:ToR - Silt (Krayiss Obelisk Server - Legacy Guild)
#3siglumdiobolikPosted 4/19/2012 10:41:06 AM
op what server are you on? if you play the game like i do , i havent soloed anything since about jan , find friends and join up with them. if you go dps find a tank friend and vice versa, healz help but not required if you have tank and dps that can work together. ive leveled my shadow tank to 36 so far and been running with my buddies sent since lvl1. we are more than willing to run with people.