bioware just doesn't get it, i firmly believe they need to sell the rights

#1bigbry2004Posted 4/30/2012 12:45:10 PM
there's nothing they can do to fix their own mess. I mean they keep trying, but general consensus every time is: too little too late.

I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it until it happens....swtor will not be a huge success until bioware sells the rights to develop this game to another gaming company....ANY gaming company at this point, to be honest, will be miles ahead of the subpar nonsense bioware tries to distract us with just to string along the drones to drop another 15 bucks in their pocket.
---
nWo -4- Life!
#2The TrentPosted 4/30/2012 12:46:30 PM
what do you mean
---
this is physical and mental; i won't sugarcoat it
you'll die from diabetes if these other posters wrote it
#3bigbry2004(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 12:49:01 PM
real gamers see through this corporate sillyness, and that is the only audience I care to address.
---
nWo -4- Life!
#4The TrentPosted 4/30/2012 12:50:01 PM
what is a real gamer
like people that play the sims 5
or people that play madden 2013 before it's out?
i'm really confused
---
this is physical and mental; i won't sugarcoat it
you'll die from diabetes if these other posters wrote it
#5ATiRadeonHDPosted 4/30/2012 12:50:32 PM
When faced with a counterexample to a universal claim, rather than denying the counterexample or rejecting the original universal claim, this fallacy modifies the subject of the assertion to exclude the specific case or others like it by rhetoric, without reference to any specific objective rule.
---
|| AMD Phenom II x6 1065T || nVidia GTX 560Ti || Thermaltake 600 watt PSU || 8GB DDR3 || Windows 7
#6trickbirdPosted 4/30/2012 12:50:43 PM
Maybe if you make more posts about this same topic bioware will listen to you
#7bigbry2004(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 12:53:06 PM
ATiRadeonHD posted...
When faced with a counterexample to a universal claim, rather than denying the counterexample or rejecting the original universal claim, this fallacy modifies the subject of the assertion to exclude the specific case or others like it by rhetoric, without reference to any specific objective rule.

WOAH! look out folks, internet tough guy here.
---
nWo -4- Life!
#8ATiRadeonHDPosted 4/30/2012 12:55:51 PM
Not sure if srs, but if srs, then you must be new to the internet; you have no idea what that means.
---
|| AMD Phenom II x6 1065T || nVidia GTX 560Ti || Thermaltake 600 watt PSU || 8GB DDR3 || Windows 7
#9ImpurePariahPosted 4/30/2012 12:57:11 PM
bigbry2004 posted...
real gamers see through this corporate sillyness, and that is the only audience I care to address.

bigbry2004 posted...
WOAH! look out folks, internet tough guy here.
---
http://www.shadowbrotherhood.org
PSN: ImpurePariah GT: Fieryballs
#10YouriKillaPosted 4/30/2012 1:08:42 PM
People need to wake up and realize the Bioware you came to love, respect and trust is no longer operating.

First of all, this game was and is a Mythic project.

EA bought Mythic to spread-head their plunge into the MMORPG genre. THey bought Bioware for their IPs and their license to Star Wars (Via KOTOR1)

The initial plan was to have Knights of the Old Republic 3, and then Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Knights of the Old Republic 3 would take place a bit after KOTOR 1 (Yes, it will basically ignore KOTOR 2, Bioware wasn't happy with Obsidian's story). SW:TOR would take place 200+ years after KOTOR3.

What happened however, was Mythic's reputation went belly-up with Warhammer after that game failed (Suspiciously, simalir to SWTOR. Great initial sales, then a massive bleed of Subs).

The tried to curb this by shoving Mythic in with Bioware and using the hyphenated name Bioware-Mythic. At this point, KOTOR3 was scrapped, and Bioware and Mythic were supposed to collaborate on SW:TOR.

Again, Mythic's Reputation kept dropping, and the utter failure of Warhammer scared EA into dropping the entire Mythic name and just using Bioware (Who's reputation was solid at this point).

The problem was, Bioware lost quite a few good employees when EA bought them (Around the end of ME1s development cycle). The rest of the real Bioware was split up. Some went on to help with Dragon Age, some stayed on the Mass Effect 2 game (Now under different leadership and with a different head writer). The real writer(s) for the Mass Effect series (Including Drew) were hauled off ME2 and put on SWTOR.

This is why the best part of SWTOR is the story, and the worst part of ME2 is the story. They basically ruined Bioware in a very short time because of poor decisions like this. Spreading the talent to thin, and letting lesser talent take on big projects (Mac Walters writing on ME2 was horrendous, and basically set the stage for the franchise to be ruined).

Anyway, the Mythic team members kept on their original mandate, which was the MMO aspect of SWTOR (Worlds, PvP, PvE, Flashpoints, Crafting etc, etc.). You'll remember Drew left Bioware after he was done with his work on SWTOR.

So basically, this isn't a Bioware game. It's a Mythic game with a Bioware story. The stories however, are spread and stretched to thin because of the poorly designed MMO aspect, leaving them disorienting and with zero flow.

Calling this a Bioware game is just wrong. Bioware no longer exists. In it's current form, it's a miss-mash of various game companies (Bioware Austin, Edmonton etc.) the original Bioware is no longer an operating entity.