Dead server + lame game = unsubbed

#1Dat_Dude_YoPosted 5/2/2012 1:58:24 PM
I let my time run out. Hadn't felt the need to log on in weeks, since 1.2 launched. My dead server saw a small spike in population on 1.2 day and it declined immediately as those who were looking for something good left again extremely disappointed. Can't believe how bad this game actually is in so many different areas.

EAWares design decisions, game engine, and treatment of the player base is just unparalleled in its ineptitude.
#2ATARIJAWAPosted 5/2/2012 1:58:56 PM
blogfaqs.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 9-10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Major dissapointment. 8 and below : Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people who agree so far = 57
#3ATiRadeonHDPosted 5/2/2012 2:00:17 PM
What server are you on?
---
|| AMD Phenom II x6 1065T || nVidia GTX 560Ti || Thermaltake 600 watt PSU || 8GB DDR3 || Windows 7
#4Dat_Dude_Yo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 2:00:50 PM
ATiRadeonHD posted...
What server are you on?

None now. Was on Daviks.
#5ATiRadeonHDPosted 5/2/2012 2:07:12 PM(edited)
You must have played republic or something, because there's usually over 120 on the Imp fleet on that server during prime time. I have an alt over there. And that's no where near "dead" because there are servers who are considerably worse, I think.
---
|| AMD Phenom II x6 1065T || nVidia GTX 560Ti || Thermaltake 600 watt PSU || 8GB DDR3 || Windows 7
#6joncoallstarPosted 5/2/2012 2:10:46 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7bearded_moosePosted 5/2/2012 2:16:42 PM
and telling someone not to be a d-bag is just a more polite way of saying "don't post your opinions"

you're no better than he is.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
-Pyber is my favorite *triple-stamp*
#8Dat_Dude_Yo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 2:21:44 PM
ATiRadeonHD posted...
You must have played republic or something, because there's usually over 120 on the Imp fleet on that server during prime time. I have an alt over there. And that's no where near "dead" because there are servers who are considerably worse, I think.

Nope I was Empire. All Empire on 8 chars. Don't bother with the fanboy white knight defender stuff, I'll shut you down.

There are servers more dead than Daviks, yes. But

120 on fleet is nothing to write home about and 120 is the very high end. You go to any planet and there's barely 10 people on most. What is there, ~12 planets? 15? Let's say 15 and be on the high side. Most planets have less than 10 people, but corellia has more so let's say average 10 per planet is 150. Add the very high end of 120 on the fleet and you've got 270 people. Let's say there 3 warzones going with 16 a piece (lol at uneven teams in warzones btw so it's not 16 a piece) is another 48. That brings us to 318 on the Empire side. Let's make it 350 because there's people in the instances.

All of those numbers are pushing it on the very high end of peak times, assuming full warzone teams, etc. 350.

Let's say the Pubs, who are never seen outside of warzones, are at half of that. So 175 Pubs that you never see outside of warzones. On the very very high end again.

525 people at the very most at prime time total between Imps and Pubs. And you defend this as if it's a good population? That's a dead server. And the thing is there's server's that are much worse. That's shameful. In the land of MMOs 525 is a dead server. Just because that's on the higher end of SWTOR servers doesn't make it suddenly somehow a good number, it's just good for the TORtanic. And that's pathetic.

And really the pop was the least of the problems. Although watching the masses leave certainly didn't as they did since launch certainly hasn't helped.
#9Dat_Dude_Yo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 2:25:05 PM
Dat_Dude_Yo posted...
ATiRadeonHD posted...

Nope I was Empire. All Empire on 8 chars. Don't bother with the fanboy white knight defender stuff, I'll shut you down.

There are servers more dead than Daviks, yes. But

120 on fleet is nothing to write home about and 120 is the very high end. You go to any planet and there's barely 10 people on most. What is there, ~12 planets? 15? Let's say 15 and be on the high side. Most planets have less than 10 people, but corellia has more so let's say average 10 per planet is 150. Add the very high end of 120 on the fleet and you've got 270 people. Let's say there 3 warzones going with 16 a piece (lol at uneven teams in warzones btw so it's not 16 a piece) is another 48. That brings us to 318 on the Empire side. Let's make it 350 because there's people in the instances.

All of those numbers are pushing it on the very high end of peak times, assuming full warzone teams, etc. 350.

Let's say the Pubs, who are never seen outside of warzones, are at half of that. So 175 Pubs that you never see outside of warzones. On the very very high end again.

525 people at the very most at prime time total between Imps and Pubs. And you defend this as if it's a good population? That's a dead server. And the thing is there's server's that are much worse. That's shameful. In the land of MMOs 525 is a dead server. Just because that's on the higher end of SWTOR servers doesn't make it suddenly somehow a good number, it's just good for the TORtanic. And that's pathetic.

And really the pop was the least of the problems. Although watching the masses leave certainly didn't as they did since launch certainly hasn't helped.

Wow I butchered that last sentence. Should read "Although watching the masses leave since launch certainly helped make my decision not to renew."

Anyway tl'dr

When a TOR fanboy tries to tell you ~500 people total on a server is good because there's other TOR servers that are worse, you know the game is dead.
#10ATARIJAWAPosted 5/2/2012 2:34:52 PM(edited)
Does anybody know what the full capacity of a SWTOR server is? I believe it's a lot lower than people believe. like 1200 or 1500. This game would never support thousands or tens of thousands of players on a server. It's just not built that way.. You would never be able to do your missions. Even on my low population server sometimes it's a pain to do dailies because you're fighting over objectives with 4 or 5 other groups. The Black Hole is real problematic, especially cause it's new. You'll be fighting the mob to get to a mission objective and some other azzclown will swoop in and steal it from you.

---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 9-10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Major dissapointment. 8 and below : Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people who agree so far = 57