My favourite part of this game is possibly Black Talon

#1ColdOne666Posted 5/2/2012 7:03:53 PM
I think it's one part of the game that they did really well.
---
"Pitiful mortals. Your hope ends here...And your meaningless existence with it!"
#2Jules RulesPosted 5/2/2012 7:06:56 PM
And Esseles. What a huge disappointment most of the other flashpoints are.
---
http://i34.tinypic.com/wtauc7.gif
XBL & PSN: OMGFather
#3ATiRadeonHDPosted 5/2/2012 7:07:06 PM
I like Hammer Station's asteroid shooting tunnel better. It's epic.
---
|| AMD Phenom II x6 1065T || nVidia GTX 560Ti || Thermaltake 600 watt PSU || 8GB DDR3 || Windows 7
#4Captain PandaPosted 5/2/2012 7:15:08 PM
I'll agree that Black Talon/Esseles are generally more entertaining than some of the later Flashpoints, though I do enjoy most more complicated boss fights that appear in the later ones.

The biggest disappointment though, is that I haven't seen Kilran in any other content. Kilran was awesome.
---
You can't fool me!
There ain't no such thing as a sanity clause!
#5SlightlySychoticPosted 5/2/2012 8:53:00 PM
Captain Panda posted...
The biggest disappointment though, is that I haven't seen Kilran in any other content. Kilran was awesome.

*Spoilers*
He does show up in some Republic flashpoints. I thought the same thing until I completed Taral V/Maelstrom.
---
Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Don't think I'll go easy on you just because you're a dog."
#6maxpowr3Posted 5/2/2012 10:30:18 PM
Many of them are pretty bad. But the same can be said about a lot of MMOs.

False Emperor is probably the only other good one for a story. Foundry is meh.
---
(Automated Notice: We still detect some typos and/or grammar problems in your post. Please check it again.)
#7Rob E CoyotePosted 5/3/2012 4:24:25 AM
Black Talon/Esseles are brilliant examples of what Bioware could do with the flashpoints. They are the first flashpoint most players do, and in some cases the first time someone plays with a full 4 man party. The storyline, voice acting, and everything gets you very involved with the flashpoint, instead of it being something you just run through to gear up/level.

I have to say, Black Talon/Esseles is the reason I stayed subbed after the first 30 days. Those flashpoints and the player interactivity within them were the first thing that really 'grabbed' me as being new and refreshing. I played through the starter planet, and was thinking 'This is quite cool, love the voice acting conversations and such, but other than that it's pretty standard. Then I did a four man run of Black Talon and was grining from ear to ear and thinking 'If this is what the instances/dungeons are like, this game is awesome'.

Sadly, not a single other flashpoint lives up to the first ones in the game in terms of getting you involved. I'm still with the game, I enjoy it a lot...but I wish the other flashpoints were more like Black Talon and Esseles.
---
Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering Kaboom!
#8SephirothSamaPosted 5/3/2012 5:00:13 AM
Yeah, I sorta feel like they made the first FP that good to make people play all the way to 50 and find none are as good before quitting the game- a bait and switch, if you will. Some of the others are still good, but I definitely agree, none hole a candle to Esseles/Black Talon.
---
"Then I'll put it another way. I'm clever, and you are unspeakably stupid!"- Takuan
The Official FŽanor fanboy.
#9ValacanPosted 5/3/2012 10:47:48 AM
Maestrom was really interesting plot at the end of it. But it's quite the slog to get to that point.