There is literally nothing bioware can do

#31HellsControllerPosted 5/11/2012 11:11:18 AM(edited)
_Anticlimactic_ posted...
HolyKnight199 posted...
Personally I'm not sure Blizzard and Activision share much. Other then micro-transactions (mounts, renames, etc.) Blizzard didn't change much after the merger.

Bioware, however, is barely recognizable. Their games are now shallow, really not innovative, have outrageous practices with DLCs, has horrible PR, etc, etc, etc. Sorry but that's NOT what Bioware used to be.

WOW i have never seen someone that claims to have played during the 2007 merger, and also says they "didn't notice a change." thats got to be some of the biggest bull ever, the game went from Vanilla/BC (Merger happened at the VERYYY end of BC) to friggen Wraith/ cata. If you didn't "notice" the changes in gameplay ( aka turned into a game for casul scum to make more money for activision), and in the marketing strats.... Mr.T anyone? friggen mohawk grenades?! Mini Me?! If you somehow missed it then you must have had your head buried in the sand or your fingers in your ears/ eyes closed (completely possible to play wow like that after merger, so its very possible that may be the case).

So yea activision runs blizzard its easy to see, and in any other circumstance in the world... The person/Monopoly with more money controls the one with less/ smaller resources. The gaming world is no different, especially when it comes to activision.

BC was pretty "hurr durr casul" in comparison to vanilla. Epics were easily gotten in many cases. The ones from pvp were called welfare and pretty much anyone could raid, and run heroics unlike vanilla.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#32articwarriorPosted 5/11/2012 12:33:52 PM(edited)
HolyKnight199 posted...
Personally I'm not sure Blizzard and Activision share much. Other then micro-transactions (mounts, renames, etc.) Blizzard didn't change much after the merger.

Bioware, however, is barely recognizable. Their games are now shallow, really not innovative, have outrageous practices with DLCs, has horrible PR, etc, etc, etc. Sorry but that's NOT what Bioware used to be.

WOW i have never seen someone that claims to have played during the 2007 merger, and also says they "didn't notice a change." thats got to be some of the biggest bull ever, the game went from Vanilla/BC (Merger happened at the VERYYY end of BC) to friggen Wraith/ cata. If you didn't "notice" the changes in gameplay ( aka turned into a game for casul scum to make more money for activision), and in the marketing strats.... Mr.T anyone? friggen mohawk grenades?! Mini Me?! If you somehow missed it then you must have had your head buried in the sand or your fingers in your ears/ eyes closed (completely possible to play wow like that after merger, so its very possible that may be the case).

So yea activision runs blizzard its easy to see, and in any other circumstance in the world... The person/Monopoly with more money controls the one with less/ smaller resources. The gaming world is no different, especially when it comes to activision.

Quoted for truth. My following comment is an addition; I have a friend who played during that time, she's been playing since vanilla, and she says it's very noticeable. Pretty much ANYONE playing during that time period pine's for "bc wow" and honestly after playing through wrath and cata... I cant say I blame them.

tidusishi posted...
JamieK1981 posted...
clipped

lfg is a great tool, but it gets abused.. if you don't do x amount of dps' because you're a new player and don't have the gear, which you can only get from said dungeon.... which is why you're running it, You get kicked. Tanks will stand in instant death, then kick you for not healing them through instant death. You tell them not to stand in it, they stand in it... they die. You get kicked. You tell them "hold on" They run into battle anyways, or just kick you right off the bat. I told someone "hold on my mouse isn't working let me fix it i have to tab out" they ran into combat and asked why did they die. Once I was on ZG soon after the new dungeons came out... was on the last boss. I told the ENTIRE party "You HAVE to kill the adds or we die. Im a hot healer, they WILL aggro on me, I can only kite them for so long. You must kill them." Told them that roughly 5 different times after 5 different wipes and the tank said "why i die?!" like it was my fault.

It's insane how badly a LFG tool can destroy a community. No one means anything to anyone in any sort of group created with an LFG tool if it's cross server. Reason why, is because chances are they will never party with said person again. Which then destroy's it for anyone else. You cant even tell someone a boss strategy because if someone doesn't know... they get kicked. so they don't care if they're a complete and utter dick to anyone and everyone they meet. As it stands now.... that's not a problem because people will see those other people again wont they? lfg tool's (if it's cross server) Destroy the community. Great tool. Great concept. They do help you get into the dungeon's faster. They take away the need of waiting for hours to get a party. But they are abused, just like DPS meters and achievements are abused in wow... If you really don't believe that and think im kidding.. make a healer (not something simple to play something that actually takes skill where you're not given 30 i win buttons, eg paladin type stuff), get it to max level, do 100 lfg in a row. let me see if you still think lfg is all powerful.
#33Reaper_Chris92Posted 5/11/2012 1:20:32 PM
HellsController posted...
HolyKnight199 posted...

BC was pretty "hurr durr casul" in comparison to vanilla. Epics were easily gotten in many cases. The ones from pvp were called welfare and pretty much anyone could raid, and run heroics unlike vanilla.

BC was put more towards that but then WoTLK launched and made BC look incredibly hard. I can't see a reason why Blizzard as a company would cut off from Activision after their contract is up mainly because their peak was during Activision times. not saying they were great times I am saying they peaked during those times.

BW can't save SWTOR because EA would have to tell them to if it was anything major. If EA used the probably 200+ million dollars in Next Gen MMOs this game would be jaw droppingly in-****ing-sane.

The game can still be 'saved' and won't die in the next year. MMOs going F2P do not mean they are dead which is a common misconception... the company still has to pay for employees, servers, maintenance, and a couple of other things. A dead MMO is something where revenue/profit can not be made due to the lack of players of it the monthly cost of the game exceeds the monthly earnings.

The game could be changed overall if Ea invested 80 million in to the game's engine and did a overhaul of UI, game mechanics, and changing the combat system of the game (Which would be in Game Mechanics) the game would attract people who quit and people interested in Next Gen MMOs. I doubt they will because it would probably mean their stocks would drop again but in the long run would increase once SWTOR 2.0 launched with next gen graphics, next gen story telling in an MMO (Now included), Next Gen combat, etc etc would bring a HUGE amount of players.
#34HolyKnight199Posted 5/11/2012 2:16:25 PM

None of what you listed has anything to Activision.

WoW has always been accused of being casual, and that's what makes it successful. Wrath has always been intended to be a step further in being casual.

As for the add campaigns using popular figures, you must have been skipping through all quest text to not notice that Blizzard's games are riddled with references to pop culture. When the South Park people asked Blizzard for permission to use World of Warcraft, the devs were excited and gave them all the help they needed. So when it comes to making ads, I don't know why using Mr. T is so unlike Blizzard.

The only thing Activision might have something to do with is the cash shop, but it's even more meaningless then Guild Wars', it only sells pets, mounts and account services.

Even then, my original point stands. Activision does not own Blizzard, it's Vivendi who owns them and so far Vivendi's greed doesn't seem to affect Blizzard that much, as they still make good games. On the other hand, the garbage that is EA completely owns Bioware, so it's very different on SW:TOR's side. Bioware is/was good but EA is terrible and EA is the one with the whip.
---
Peace!
#35MitzeIpikPosted 5/11/2012 2:31:00 PM
I still laugh when people spit out the word "casual" referring to WoW. That implies it was some sort of BMF game in the first place for hardcore players. I could understand if it's your first mmo (nothing wrong with that) and you've seen it get MORE lax as time goes on.... but it's always been more mellow and causal than its predecessors
---
The person quoting me is a great big dummy
#36Nito_MusashiPosted 5/11/2012 2:38:58 PM
yea wow was casual as heck until 40 man raids and warzones time. or trying to get a competent pug for anything for your t1 blue set pieces, or find a healer.

bc nerfed alot of the hardcore about end game wow, trying getting past rank 4 in pvp pre bc that took pvping almost to the exclusion of sleep, work and a life.
#37MitzeIpikPosted 5/11/2012 2:43:37 PM
It was all about sifting through the idiots for your 40 man raids. It still is now, but you only need to find 9 instead of 39. And pvp, they set it up so you were competing with people who had a hell of a lot more time than most.
Those were the hard parts, and it was the human aspect rather than the game mechanics that did it
---
The person quoting me is a great big dummy
#38Nito_MusashiPosted 5/11/2012 9:41:57 PM
well yea when i dropped like 3 weeks worth of pvp rank for 5 days of rl or w/e i was done, logging into raid ony for the 30th + time with still no hat drop, bwl i was getting tons of pieces in a hurry but by the time we had bwl on ez farm i was done with the game.

aq40 we were starting on but those fights are pretty hard and the two times i went they didnt have much luck.

either way pvp was dead to me, pve i was just sick of, etc logging into raid felt more like a job i was expected to do since i was one of our top healers, bc i never even bothered with gave my account to a friend told them have at it.
#39maxpowr3Posted 5/11/2012 10:03:44 PM
I don't think WoW was THAT hard back in Vanilla until you stepped into AQ40 and Naxx. Even in PvP, you could get commander (rank 11 I think) with some effort to get the free epic mount skill (oh the days when 500g was a lot).

PvE in TOR is a joke and if anyone takes PvE serious in this game probably should quit. The only reason it takes forever to get War Hero gear atm is that there are no rated WZs to get those tokens faster.
---
(Automated Notice: We still detect some typos and/or grammar problems in your post. Please check it again.)
#40rawkussPosted 5/11/2012 10:05:02 PM
People that swear that BC was the pinnacle of WoW were scrubs that couldn't hang in Vanilla and were angry that everyone and their mom was raiding just like them in Wrath. They're just people with a Napoleon complex. Sucked so bad that they were jealous of the original raiders, and when Blizzard nerfed raiding down enough for them, they got all high and mighty and looked down on people that were even more casual/terrible than them and got butthurt when Blizzard continued to nerf the game so that everyone has access to everything.