Give Bioware More Time.

#1Angry_BuklauPosted 5/10/2012 12:47:56 AM
For those that wont listen and want to unsubscribe, good riddance. For those that see the value in this game, then wait. This is Biowares first mmo, for god sake. 6 months is NOTHING in the mmo world. Yes, youd have to be a fool to deny a 25 percent drop in subs is a bad thing, but ALL mmos lose a chunk of thier playerbase. These are the individuals who are always unsatisfied and will jump from game to game. For example, the 360 is arguably microsofts first real console, and it was riddled with problems. We stuck it out, and it has become a solid system with a great library of games. You all like to stretch small problems into massive ones, and it halts biowares progression because they have to keep dealing with whiny ingrates.
---
"And Sun Quan...nobody likes Sun Quan. Sun Quan is the Charlie Brown of ROTK."--RedFenrir
#2SoulTrapperPosted 5/10/2012 12:52:40 AM
That's fine, they can get all the time they need. But don't expect people to keep paying them while they mess around.

They should do what FFXIV did: give free time until they fix their mess.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#3LtRickGreyPosted 5/10/2012 1:11:01 AM
I'll come back in maybe a year from my sub ending... or whenever i get the star wars itch. Ive still got 3 months on my sub though for them to impress me but there's so many missed story line opportunities...

I had a thought earlier. What if your story is altered based on your ADVANCED class? OMG think of the awesome a sith assassin would be! (prolly just like the sith warrior really)
#4pyber80Posted 5/10/2012 1:33:03 AM

At least BioWare launched something resembling a complete game. The same can't be said for Square Enix. I know very well the game is not without issues of its own though. I shouldn't have to remind you of my position on their "version" of the Hero Engine for starters, heh. I will admit Square Enix has done quite a bit to improve the game since its original launch, and I may even give it another look at some point, but there's no denying that FFXIV was pretty terrible on launch day, even compared to TOR.

As for free time, I dunno. I wouldn't complain at all were they to do that of course, just as I didn't complain about getting the 30 days I've got. But I don't think the game is bad enough to warrant the same treatment as FFXIV. At this point they might as well just let it ride as is, probably tossing out a few bones to us like the 30 days we just got along the way and seeing how things look on its first birthday. That's not to say don't work on the game. I just mean in regards to the game time. Just to make sure there's no confusion, heh.
---
At first I was like http://tinyurl.com/colbert1-gif
Then I was like http://tinyurl.com/stewart-gif
#5knocks88Posted 5/10/2012 1:41:16 AM
Angry_Buklau posted...
For those that wont listen and want to unsubscribe, good riddance. For those that see the value in this game, then wait. This is Biowares first mmo, for god sake. 6 months is NOTHING in the mmo world. Yes, youd have to be a fool to deny a 25 percent drop in subs is a bad thing, but ALL mmos lose a chunk of thier playerbase. These are the individuals who are always unsatisfied and will jump from game to game. For example, the 360 is arguably microsofts first real console, and it was riddled with problems. We stuck it out, and it has become a solid system with a great library of games. You all like to stretch small problems into massive ones, and it halts biowares progression because they have to keep dealing with whiny ingrates.

Did you post this in General Discussion on the official boards? I'm just curious...
---
" I care, or whatever"
#6SoulTrapperPosted 5/10/2012 1:55:11 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7SoulTrapperPosted 5/10/2012 2:01:36 AM(edited)
SoulTrapper posted...
pyber80 posted...
At least BioWare launched something resembling a complete game. The same can't be said for Square Enix. I know very well the game is not without issues of its own though. I shouldn't have to remind you of my position on their "version" of the Hero Engine for starters, heh. I will admit Square Enix has done quite a bit to improve the game since its original launch, and I may even give it another look at some point, but there's no denying that FFXIV was pretty terrible on launch day, even compared to TOR.

As for free time, I dunno. I wouldn't complain at all were they to do that of course, just as I didn't complain about getting the 30 days I've got. But I don't think the game is bad enough to warrant the same treatment as FFXIV. At this point they might as well just let it ride as is, probably tossing out a few bones to us like the 30 days we just got along the way and seeing how things look on its first birthday. That's not to say don't work on the game. I just mean in regards to the game time. Just to make sure there's no confusion, heh.

It's not as bad as FFXIV, that's true.
The biggest problem they have right now is that it's WoW in a different setting.
The only way to fix this is to start over.

But they have to do something now if they want to retain more subscribers.
I'm sure that a lot of people think right now that they'll return when they start making major fixes and adding content, but it might be too late with Torchlight 2, D3 and GW2 coming. Games which will take quite some subs away from this game as well.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#8zid14Posted 5/10/2012 2:09:57 AM
Is this an EA employee?

[If you don't like the game, please keep paying us and give us time to make the game better]

Seriously?
#9BatenKalasPosted 5/10/2012 3:48:27 AM(edited)
zid14 posted...
Is this an EA employee?

[If you don't like the game, please keep paying us and give us time to make the game better]

Seriously?

Yes, because everyone is a Bioware/EA employee these days. I seriously see this accusation being thrown around far too often now and it is becoming cringeworthy. Get real, the guy just likes the game (as do I). God forbid he suggests paying a developer to play an MMORPG that you enjoy. I mean, heck, who in their right mind would EVER pay to play an MMORPG! That would be ludicrous! No, let's just all sit here, not play anything, and watch every MMORPG crash and burn because we're all going to be petty morons.

Also I am happy to pay to support this game because I'm sure it will improve tremendously over time. I don't have any issues with the game except perhaps the lack of a decent dungeon finder. The rest of the game? I've thoroughly enjoyed it since launch and I don't expect this to change soon.

In conclusion, yes, the "he/she is a Bioware/EA employee!" accusations really get under my skin. Get real guys.
#10zid14Posted 5/10/2012 4:00:34 AM
BatenKalas posted...
zid14 posted...
Is this an EA employee?

Seriously?

Yes, because everyone is a Bioware/EA employee these days. I seriously see this accusation being thrown around far too often now and it is becoming cringeworthy. Get real, the guy just likes the game (as do I). God forbid he suggests paying a developer to play an MMORPG that you enjoy. I mean, heck, who in their right mind would EVER pay to play an MMORPG! That would be ludicrous! No, let's just all sit here, not play anything, and watch every MMORPG crash and burn because we're all going to be petty morons.

Also I am happy to pay to support this game because I'm sure it will improve tremendously over time. I don't have any issues with the game except perhaps the lack of a decent dungeon finder. The rest of the game? I've thoroughly enjoyed it since launch and I don't expect this to change soon.

In conclusion, yes, the "he/she is a Bioware/EA employee!" accusations really get under my skin. Get real guys.

Maybe I mis understood the post, but he's not talking about the people that enjoy it. He's talking about the people that don't like the game and want to quit.

If your TV provider no longer held any channels that you liked, would you cancel the service, or would you leave your subscription active, and hope they got better channels in the future?

Asides from an EA employee, who the hell would recommend that someone pay for a game that they don't enjoy. He's not saying just make sure you give the game a second chance and check back in after a few months. He's actually suggesting that people don't cancel their subscriptions, and keep playing something they don't like.