Character transfers

#1SithMaster2kPosted 7/30/2012 5:53:14 AM
Am I right in thinkin we are being forced to transfer our characters? I like my current server an do not really want to move to a new one.

Or have I misunderstood what is going on?

Any info would be appreciated.
---
GT: matthiusH
#2MoganPosted 7/30/2012 6:19:46 AM
Yes, Bioware is going to move all the characters off the origin servers. I don't remember when its going to happen, but they've already stopped all character creation on those servers, so I imagine it'll be fairly soon.
I imagine it's just not worth it for EA to keep these servers open with only a handful of players in them.
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"
#3SlightlySychoticPosted 7/30/2012 1:19:02 PM
Just to be clear, you don't have to transfer your characters if they're on a previously designated destination server -- nor can you, I believe. I point this out because you mentioned that you enjoy your current server which would seem unlikely if it were departing one. Or you have a really tight-knit guild, in which case it shouldn't be too hard to reform on a new server.
---
Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Don't think I'll go easy on you just because you're a dog."
#4rowgue34Posted 7/30/2012 4:55:56 PM
SlightlySychotic posted...
Just to be clear, you don't have to transfer your characters if they're on a previously designated destination server -- nor can you, I believe. I point this out because you mentioned that you enjoy your current server which would seem unlikely if it were departing one. Or you have a really tight-knit guild, in which case it shouldn't be too hard to reform on a new server.

There are a lot of people that run solo the vast majority of the time, even in MMOs. And this one in particular is pretty much designed around doing just that. Being able to see more random avatars standing around and people acting like elementary school children in general chat doesn't really enhance their gameplay experience.