The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Percentage chance that we get a real turn based KOTOR3

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  3. Percentage chance that we get a real turn based KOTOR3

User Info: mikejolik

mikejolik
4 years ago#1
made by obsidian?

User Info: xLexLuth0rx

xLexLuth0rx
4 years ago#2
.001%
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."

User Info: Mogan

Mogan
4 years ago#3
Within the next couple years, I'd say its what he ^ said. Given the games industry's love of bring back "classic" series that were popular as much as a decade or more ago, I think we'll see another KotOR eventually. It probably wont be a straight up sequel though, since it'll have to be written as much new comers as for people who played the originals (which could be 10+ years old by that point).
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"

User Info: Hohei

Hohei
4 years ago#4
None. Never. Stop dreaming.
Damn twitter/facebook/blog generation thinking they're special snowflakes who think their thoughts/comments/concerns mean ****.

User Info: SlightlySychotic

SlightlySychotic
4 years ago#5
I don't know. How likely are you to become a billionaire, buy up LucasArts/Film, and make it yourself?
Seriously, the answer is zero. There is absolutely zero chance of a "real" KotOR 3 being made. To press the point, if TOR actually does fail there is incredibly likely that there will never be any other games set in the Old Republic time period: not RPGs, not a Battlefront spin-off, not an action game. Almost certainly no movies and possibly no books or comics (since Lucas has to pay for those as well).

Additionally, KotOR was in no way a turn-based RPG. Final Fantasy is turn based; Dragon Quest is turn-based; Star Ocean is turned-based; Civilization is turn-based; XCOM is turn-based. KotOR and it's sequel were real-time hotkey RPGs, just like Dragon Age. Just because you can pause time to set up your next attack doesn't make it turn-based.
Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Don't think I'll go easy on you just because you're a dog."

User Info: redhed256

redhed256
4 years ago#6
pseudo real time perhaps, it's all DnD dice rolls choosing not to roll doesn't make it real time.

User Info: lordsofshadow

lordsofshadow
4 years ago#7
Action oriented gameplay is where it's at right now I personally need it real time something with TFU controls but I would play it turn base if that's the way it was developed .

User Info: DeathMagnetic80

DeathMagnetic80
4 years ago#8
0%. What would it be about? Everything regarding the KotOR stories has been wrapped up in TOR and the Revan novel.
RIP A7X71180 4/14/2006-12/24/2011
2011 San Diego Chargers 8-8

User Info: Mogan

Mogan
4 years ago#9
0%. What would it be about? Everything regarding the KotOR stories has been wrapped up in TOR and the Revan novel.

That's why I think we'll get one in several years, and it'll trade on the name but not be a direct sequel. Like if Overhaul (or whoever) gets to make a Baldur's Gate III, it probably wont be about the children of Bhaal because that story is wrapped up and it was told over 14 years ago.
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"

User Info: Agentorange657

Agentorange657
4 years ago#10
Not gonna happen. Much more likely to get shenmue 3, and thats still not likely.
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your Lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  3. Percentage chance that we get a real turn based KOTOR3

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived