The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Percentage chance that we get a real turn based KOTOR3

#1mikejolikPosted 8/11/2012 10:38:33 AM
made by obsidian?
#2xLexLuth0rxPosted 8/11/2012 10:39:13 AM
.001%
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#3MoganPosted 8/11/2012 11:40:42 AM
Within the next couple years, I'd say its what he ^ said. Given the games industry's love of bring back "classic" series that were popular as much as a decade or more ago, I think we'll see another KotOR eventually. It probably wont be a straight up sequel though, since it'll have to be written as much new comers as for people who played the originals (which could be 10+ years old by that point).
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"
#4HoheiPosted 8/11/2012 11:47:50 AM
None. Never. Stop dreaming.
---
Damn twitter/facebook/blog generation thinking they're special snowflakes who think their thoughts/comments/concerns mean ****.
#5SlightlySychoticPosted 8/11/2012 11:57:38 AM
I don't know. How likely are you to become a billionaire, buy up LucasArts/Film, and make it yourself?
Seriously, the answer is zero. There is absolutely zero chance of a "real" KotOR 3 being made. To press the point, if TOR actually does fail there is incredibly likely that there will never be any other games set in the Old Republic time period: not RPGs, not a Battlefront spin-off, not an action game. Almost certainly no movies and possibly no books or comics (since Lucas has to pay for those as well).

Additionally, KotOR was in no way a turn-based RPG. Final Fantasy is turn based; Dragon Quest is turn-based; Star Ocean is turned-based; Civilization is turn-based; XCOM is turn-based. KotOR and it's sequel were real-time hotkey RPGs, just like Dragon Age. Just because you can pause time to set up your next attack doesn't make it turn-based.
---
Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Don't think I'll go easy on you just because you're a dog."
#6redhed256Posted 8/11/2012 12:44:01 PM
pseudo real time perhaps, it's all DnD dice rolls choosing not to roll doesn't make it real time.
#7lordsofshadowPosted 8/11/2012 1:39:12 PM
Action oriented gameplay is where it's at right now I personally need it real time something with TFU controls but I would play it turn base if that's the way it was developed .
#8DeathMagnetic80Posted 8/11/2012 4:01:32 PM
0%. What would it be about? Everything regarding the KotOR stories has been wrapped up in TOR and the Revan novel.
---
RIP A7X71180 4/14/2006-12/24/2011
2011 San Diego Chargers 8-8
#9MoganPosted 8/11/2012 4:16:47 PM
0%. What would it be about? Everything regarding the KotOR stories has been wrapped up in TOR and the Revan novel.

That's why I think we'll get one in several years, and it'll trade on the name but not be a direct sequel. Like if Overhaul (or whoever) gets to make a Baldur's Gate III, it probably wont be about the children of Bhaal because that story is wrapped up and it was told over 14 years ago.
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"
#10Agentorange657Posted 8/11/2012 6:32:11 PM
Not gonna happen. Much more likely to get shenmue 3, and thats still not likely.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your Lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig