#1MV6000Posted 11/1/2012 2:01:03 PM
Please help me know.
---
Proud owner of a PS3 / 360 / Wii
http://psnprofiles.com/MV6000
#2CharityDiaryPosted 11/1/2012 2:21:28 PM
Why wouldn't it?
#3mikejolikPosted 11/1/2012 2:27:07 PM
I'd be shocked if it didn't. Windows 8 is exactly like Windows 7 once you get past that stupid interface.

Hell, half of the Vista drivers worked in Windows 7, I'm sure Windows 7 drivers will work in 8.
#4KatsuragisamaPosted 11/1/2012 3:43:56 PM
I will go ahead and say yes, it will. Before I quit back in July I was running the Windows 8 Release Preview. SW:TOR ran just fine on it, maybe even better as Windows 8 uses less resources than that of it's predecessor (Windows 7).

Windows 8 also seems to boot up and restart/shutdown slightly faster than Win. 7 as well, so for that I'm happy. And once you get past the Start button vs the Metro UI, Win 8 seems pretty natural when migrating from Win 7. Maybe even better once you consider the apps you can add/use to check weather, stock, news, etc, thing you would do daily anyways. :)
#5aMonsoonePosted 11/2/2012 3:22:24 PM
Still (and this is many peoples opinion on windows 8)

I would not upgrade from 7 to 8 on a normal PC system. Wait a few months, I would say a year, and get one of the new windows 8 tablet / PC hybrids.

Note: I say wait a year, because if you buy one of those hybrids now, your game is going to severely suffer (slower processor, no dedicated video cards, low amounts of ram.)

If you REALLY want to try it out before then, buy a copy of windows 8 and partition your harddrive.
---
MMO Developers, we forgive your past sin; but do better.
Presently penning 95 thesis on the Power and Efficacy of virtuality.
#6aMonsoonePosted 11/2/2012 3:23:25 PM
"Maybe even better once you consider the apps you can add/use to check weather, stock, news, etc, thing you would do daily anyways. :)"

Remember the gadget bar for vita? Yeah, how many people actually used that?
---
MMO Developers, we forgive your past sin; but do better.
Presently penning 95 thesis on the Power and Efficacy of virtuality.