Legacy Perks

#1Wolfwood44Posted 11/16/2012 11:50:44 AM
Hi, I have a stupid question.

I have a lvl 50 Guardian. I used his cash to unlock the Speeder Training 1 perk that allows you to get a speeder earlier, expecting this to work for all my characters.

I load my lvl 23 Marauder to try it out... and I've got nothing.

v.v Did I just waste those credits? I thought the whole point of Legacy perks was to carry over. Is there a glitch, am I an idiot, or am I conceptually correct and the Devs are jerks?
---
GT/PSN: Silt44
My Blog (Comics, Video Games, and Movies): www.arbitrarynerd.blogspot.com
#2machetemanPosted 11/16/2012 11:56:28 AM(edited)
Most legacy perks are character restricted. You just wasted those credits. Oh, you still have to BUY the training too. The perk doesn't just GIVE the training to you. It just removes the level restriction. You need to visit a speeder trainer and pay credits like you would normally.
#3theshovellerPosted 11/16/2012 11:52:54 AM
Does the perk say "unlocks only for this character," or "unlocks for all characters on this account / Legacy?" If it's the former, then... you're SOL. It happens. If it's the latter (which I think it actually is,) then I'd say submit a bug report or something about it. I had something similar happen yesterday with an emote that got unlocked account-wide, but my new character didn't have access to it.
#4Wolfwood44(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 11:56:06 AM
theshoveller posted...
Does the perk say "unlocks only for this character," or "unlocks for all characters on this account / Legacy?" If it's the former, then... you're SOL. It happens. If it's the latter (which I think it actually is,) then I'd say submit a bug report or something about it. I had something similar happen yesterday with an emote that got unlocked account-wide, but my new character didn't have access to it.

I'm not online atm (and won't be until I'm home), but I don't think it said either way. If it HAD said character specific, I'm pretty sure that would have been a red flag. Lacking that, it sounded like something that would work cross character. It should be locked on characters already past the level of usefulness.

I will check when I get home, however, to see if I read the description too quickly.
---
#5Squid0039Posted 11/16/2012 12:03:15 PM
The speeder piloting unlocks only apply to the character you are on. If you look on the legacy screen, not the Cartel Market, you'll see two sections, one will say character unlocks, and the other will say global unlocks. Global unlocks are legacy perks that effect all of your characters in that legacy, character unlocks only effect the specific character you buy them on. Speeder piloting is in the character unlocks section.
---
Putress was right. Death to the living!
#6Wolfwood44(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 12:05:33 PM
Squid0039 posted...
The speeder piloting unlocks only apply to the character you are on. If you look on the legacy screen, not the Cartel Market, you'll see two sections, one will say character unlocks, and the other will say global unlocks. Global unlocks are legacy perks that effect all of your characters in that legacy, character unlocks only effect the specific character you buy them on. Speeder piloting is in the character unlocks section.

Yeah, this was before the Cartel Market, so it was only actual credits. I didn't realize the section header, though now it makes perfect sense, thank you!

Random additional question: can you transfer credits cross faction?

Thanks!
---
#7Will446Posted 11/16/2012 12:20:05 PM
Of course, I know I send money and armor to my other toons. Keep in mind the GTN is also cross faction now. So making things like like Blue Crystals for Empire players (There are a lot of light sided Sith) no longer can you make a lot of money off of it because the Republic Side obviously sells it cheap.
#8theshovellerPosted 11/16/2012 12:59:40 PM
Will446 posted...
Of course, I know I send money and armor to my other toons. Keep in mind the GTN is also cross faction now. So making things like like Blue Crystals for Empire players (There are a lot of light sided Sith) no longer can you make a lot of money off of it because the Republic Side obviously sells it cheap.

Wait - the entire GTN is now one unified system? What about the HTN?
#9The RobPosted 11/16/2012 1:08:15 PM
Saw an overpriced robe I wanted on GTN, went to msg the player privately to ask for a better price and it told me "can't msg players of opposite faction that aren't part of your legacy". So yea, there's only one GTN. Hutt Cartel TN (Narshad) is part of the GTN as well.

If you're interested: I logged into my Repub, reached an agreement, seller COD'd the robe, then I mailed it to my Imp. Worked great.
---
whatnow12012 posted...
I am not the same person as Whatnow or whatever his or hers name.
#10MoganPosted 11/16/2012 1:10:49 PM
Random additional question: can you transfer credits cross faction?

Yes, you can mail items and credits through the mail system to any character on the server, regardless of factions.
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"