Legacy Perks

#11rhombencephalonPosted 11/16/2012 12:33:09 PM
One correction to a comment upthread...

Once you purchase the legacy speeder piloting, that is the skill. You do not have to purchase the skill itself. Once I realized that, the fee was not exhorbitant since it was only a few thousand more than the skill at the appropriate level.

You do still have to purchase the speeder obviously.
---
Of course its difficult. Its called a shortcut; if it was easy, it'd just be "The Way."
#12theshovellerPosted 11/16/2012 12:38:40 PM
rhombencephalon posted...
One correction to a comment upthread...

Once you purchase the legacy speeder piloting, that is the skill. You do not have to purchase the skill itself. Once I realized that, the fee was not exhorbitant since it was only a few thousand more than the skill at the appropriate level.

You do still have to purchase the speeder obviously.

And if you're lucky enough to have had someone sub off a friend key, then you get a rank 3 speeder for free. At least, I think it's a rank 3 speeder. 110% movement speed, right?
#13guinness4lifePosted 11/16/2012 12:39:37 PM
Mogan posted...
Random additional question: can you transfer credits cross faction?

Yes, you can mail items and credits through the mail system to any character on the server, regardless of factions.

You must be subbed to mail credits or more than 1 item through the mail.
#14PteranPosted 11/16/2012 1:08:58 PM
There are two kinds of Legacy perks. One is legacy wide and applies to all characters, and the other is character specific. Unfortunately for you, the speeder perks are character specific.

Buying the speeder perk is the same as buying the skill. You just pay slightly more to have it at a lower level. Personally, after I found out what a waste it was with my first character, I've never again bothered with the second tier of speeders. Just buy the tier one and tier three training and call it good.

If you were lucky enough to refer someone that subbed, you've got your work cut out for you. You can just buy the tier one speeder perk and have a tier three speeder. Though you can use it at the same level as tier one speeders (90% speed), the reward speeder provides the tier three speed (110%) and protection.
---
"Im talking about 2 hits. I hit you, you hit the floor."- Keenan
#15MoganPosted 11/16/2012 1:16:08 PM
You must be subbed to mail credits or more than 1 item through the mail.

Then disregard what I said. Looks like free players will have to resort to the old Post-A-Really-Pricey-Item-on-the-GTN method. :p
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"
#16Wolfwood44(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 2:32:23 PM
I've been Subbed since Jan, just don't play.

And the speeder training says pretty clearly on it that it's for that character only, I don't know how I missed it.

The price being what it is... I'll probably pay for it on all my characters as well (I have the CE speeder for all my characters, which now apparently upgrades with your skill).
---
GT/PSN: Silt44
My Blog (Comics, Video Games, and Movies): www.arbitrarynerd.blogspot.com
#17The RobPosted 11/19/2012 3:07:28 PM
When the launcher comes up it says something about an error in the text for speeders. Something like that anyway, I didn't pay too much attention, but if it's what I think, you probably read the text when it still had the error in it, TC.
---
whatnow12012 posted...
I am not the same person as Whatnow or whatever his or hers name.
#18pyber80Posted 11/19/2012 3:39:52 PM(edited)
macheteman posted...
Oh, you still have to BUY the training too. The perk doesn't just GIVE the training to you. It just removes the level restriction. You need to visit a speeder trainer and pay credits like you would normally.

I haven't had to do that on any character that I've purchased the level 10 speeder perk for since Legacy went live. Its had Speeder I granted automatically for each one. I still have to buy Speeder II and III though of course, but seeing as I just use the Kurtob Alliance on most of my characters (110% even at Speeder I) buying II and III is just a luxury that I don't bother with most of the time.
---
http://i.imgur.com/88bcI.jpg http://i.imgur.com/lH2Zc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2FjLt.gif http://i.imgur.com/JF1HR.gif
#19Wolfwood44(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 8:57:16 AM
I didn't have to buy the training after getting the perk, so I think that's an incorrect statement.

Also, can you still get the Kurtob Alliance by referring a friend? And would they have to become a sub user?
---
GT/PSN: Silt44
My Blog (Comics, Video Games, and Movies): www.arbitrarynerd.blogspot.com