HK-51 before level 50

#1TaafeMJPosted 11/16/2012 6:03:59 PM
Ok, I know once you unlock HK-51 using a level 50 character and going through the quest line, he becomes available for use on all your other characters (by paying 1,000,000 or 350 cartel coins). But once you unlock him, he still comes equipped with his level 50 gear, so all of it is unusable before level 50.

Are there any plans to make his gear scaleable? Do you have to gear him yourself before level 50, or is there another way i'm not seeing?
#2XKaliburPosted 11/17/2012 2:29:44 AM
His gear is still on him and is level 50 but he doesn't get any bonuses from it until you hit 50.
---
This has been Fisting 101 with Bastard Poetry.
#3DivineheroPosted 11/17/2012 3:38:17 AM
from what i heard BW is aware of this but i have no clue when it'll get fixed
---
Every time I hear "The Big Bang Theory" I imagine God having sex with something and BOOM the Universe was created. - PatrickSim
#4TaiketoPosted 11/17/2012 5:19:22 AM
Gearing him before 50 should be relatively easy, though, since armoring aren't bound to slot during those levels. Just fill his orange gear with modifications from comm vendors.
---
Is it elitist to crave efficiency?
#5SlightlySychoticPosted 11/17/2012 12:10:50 PM
Never heard that he unlocks for all characters. Interesting . . .
---
Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Don't think I'll go easy on you just because you're a dog."
#6xLexLuth0rxPosted 11/17/2012 12:25:00 PM
Yeah he unlocks but the cost quoted in the OP is per character, not a global cost so it can be a tad expensive. As to the question at hand, I know they have a thread in the Customer Service forum about it and as said above, they're looking into it.

I have him on a level 41 alt and as it is, he does like NO damage because his gear is basically deactivated.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#7TaafeMJ(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 12:38:07 PM
Yeah, more and more posts are showing up about this on the official forums. It seems (though I haven't seen a developer post yet that says this) that they are aware of the problem, working to fix it, with no ETA.

I'm holding off on making a new level 1, just because I want the hilarity of zooming through the starter planet.