Why do people WANT this game to fail?

#1IshaguPosted 11/17/2012 7:13:07 PM(edited)
I played it at launch and spent quite a bit of time on this game, but I admit I no longer play it due to lack of time.

What I don't get is why this and every other forum dedicated to this game is filled with haters who have nothing constructive to say, and simply spout hate and desire on how they want this game to fail.

Please guys, if you don't like it just go to a different forum or play a different game!

If this game fails, good people will lose their jobs. It's as simple as that.
---
Laptop: Alienware M15x, I7 740QM, 8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1333Mhz, 1.5GB Nvidia GTX 460M, 500GB SATA HD @ 7200rpm, Windows 7 x64, 1600x900
-~Ishagu~-
#2waldy1386Posted 11/17/2012 7:10:10 PM
Here comes the ****storm... again.
---
Ohio State
US Army
#3PulpPosted 11/17/2012 7:18:46 PM(edited)
I would guess at least three groups exist (based on people that want the game to fail...not simply people that critique and the fanboys like to label as haters):

- SWTOR is a big budget, low quality WoW clone. If it fails, maybe we will see MMOs start to push the envelope again.

- EA is a terrible, developer eating, mismanaged blight on the industry. If they tank (and they are well on their way), videogames will be better for it (especially sports games).

- The Bioware community crowd is such a slimy, ingratiating, delusional lot of fanbois that one can't help but hope the game fails just to spite them.

My three best guesses. All valid, in their own way I guess.
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
#4user420Posted 11/17/2012 7:19:14 PM
Good people lost their jobs for this game a long time ago dude. I have a friend who was one of them, he got canned a few months after the game came out.

And people don't want the game to fail, they want the game to be worth playing.
---
Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch TV, save for old age, obey the law, repeat after me: I am free.
#5juzziebPosted 11/17/2012 7:20:48 PM
Pulp posted...
- The Bioware community crowd is such a slimy, ingratiating, delusional lot of fanbois that one can't help but hope the game fails just to spite them.

Oh you mean people who like easy games are mad that they don't have the mindset to play a game that takes a brain. I guess I could understand that.
#6PulpPosted 11/17/2012 7:24:46 PM
juzzieb posted...
Oh you mean people who like easy games are mad that they don't have the mindset to play a game that takes a brain. I guess I could understand that.

Yeah...Bioware games and writing are real cerebral affairs...

Lol. Thanks for the laugh and supporting my point. Awesome :)
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
#7juzziebPosted 11/17/2012 7:30:09 PM(edited)
Pulp posted...
juzzieb posted...

Yeah...Bioware games and writing are real cerebral affairs...

Lol. Thanks for the laugh and supporting my point. Awesome :)

Ahh sorry bro, I forgot how good Garosh is compared to Revan. Best writing ever. You're probably one of the people who don't know what good writing is but talk like they know anyway.

Go ahead bring up Obsidian rofl, lets talk KOTOR 2 then yeah?

Inb4 this guy brings up Skyrim as better writing than Dragon Age 2.
#8ZiktenPosted 11/17/2012 7:26:03 PM
Good people lost their jobs for this game a long time ago dude. I have a friend who was one of them, he got canned a few months after the game came out.

what was the reason?
#9Inferno Dive DragoonPosted 11/17/2012 7:27:49 PM
It's not just the haters though, to repeat what I said in another topic;

I have to admit, this whole "if you don't like it, take your money and GET OUT" mentality is sort of... confusing.

I assume that folks who like this game want it to survive and continue to grow, but EA isn't really creating incentive for new blood to flow in with the current free-to-play model, and the hostile fans aren't exactly making it easy for potential new players either by advocating a counter-productive arrangement.

At this point it almost feels like the fans, rather than the haters, want the game to die.
---

I should probably clarify as well that I haven't played SWTOR myself, by and large because the restrictions sound bothersome enough that they would taint my experience and I wouldn't be able to give the game a fair enough shake to decide if it's good (and worth every dime in turn).

I don't want to hate this game and will not do so until it gives me just reason to, and even despite EA's efforts (intentional or not) to ward me away from giving it a proper evaluation, I continue to roam around to see how things develop from here. I mean, I wasn't expecting free-to-play to begin with several months ago, so if nothing else this game has my curiosity.
---
N/A
#10BiglabronPosted 11/17/2012 7:31:49 PM(edited)
I reserved a hard copy standard edition. subbed for 4 more months after the initial month then quit.

Bioware didn't listen to the community enough, plain and simple. They developed the game the way they wanted, not what fans wanted. Show me another F2P game that chops at your UI.

In this situation Bioware should be kissing tale and making the game super attractive, not making it look like a money trap before the ship finishes sinking.

For those who are subbed atm, us previous subscribers don't get all those cartel coins unless we actually resub. So even being a preferred player doesn't mean much for those who have spent money on the game.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!