Question about buying Crew Member Appearance Authorization

#1jaxxdudePosted 12/5/2012 2:13:56 AM
So I'm a F2P player who's about to purchase a "Crew Member Appearance Authorization". As I'm about to make the purchase, I get a choice to either get it for one character for $325 or for all of my characters for $725.

Now... if I get the $325 one, does that mean I can only change the appearance on ONE companion or does that apply to all of my companions linked to that one toon/character? I'm really confused how this item works.
#2Harbringer777Posted 12/5/2012 6:54:15 AM
It effects all party members but if you buy the "All Characters" version it allows access for all of your player characters.
#3PteranPosted 12/5/2012 8:11:58 AM
The cheaper one is just for that particular character's companions. The pricier one is an account-wide unlock, so it would apply to all companions no matter which character you were on.
---
"Im talking about 2 hits. I hit you, you hit the floor."- Keenan
#4GateCaptainPosted 12/5/2012 8:19:28 AM
"one character for $325 or for all of my characters for $725."

Im sorry you want to buy a new skin for your crew and you are willing to waste this much money? WTF? heck donate to a church, have a night on the town. BUY GAMES but this is a waste.

That said....i know you are going to buy your skins so enjoy.
#5ValacanPosted 12/5/2012 8:20:46 AM
His "$" are credits. It's actually 10% of that in real dollars. He's spending $4 or $8 worth of credits on these things approximately.
#6GateCaptainPosted 12/5/2012 9:37:23 AM
Valacan posted...
His "$" are credits. It's actually 10% of that in real dollars. He's spending $4 or $8 worth of credits on these things approximately.

I hope so. I thought that number was insane :P
Why did he word it so then? hehe oh well.
#7jaxxdude(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 3:58:57 PM
Yeah, 100 cartel-coins coins is around 1 dollar in SWTOR. Anyways, correct me if I'm wrong about this but... wouldn't getting the 325 cartel-coin one be better for me since the max character any F2F player can have is only 2 (325*2 is 650 which is less than 725)?
#8GamemakoPosted 12/5/2012 4:11:52 PM
jaxxdude posted...
Yeah, 100 cartel-coins coins is around 1 dollar in SWTOR. Anyways, correct me if I'm wrong about this but... wouldn't getting the 325 cartel-coin one be better for me since the max character any F2F player can have is only 2 (325*2 is 650 which is less than 725)?

Preferred get 4 slots now. Or maybe it was 6. Either way, Preferred get more than 2 slots, and any purchase makes you Preferred.
---
All of the pieces that puzzled their journey are now in position to land.
#9jaxxdude(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 4:19:08 PM
Gamemako posted...
Preferred get 4 slots now. Or maybe it was 6. Either way, Preferred get more than 2 slots, and any purchase makes you Preferred.

Where did you heard this? You're correct about me being "Preferred Status" now, but I still can't make no more that 2 characters.
#10Muljo StphoPosted 12/5/2012 8:39:36 PM(edited)
I thought I saw people saying it's supposed to be 6. But either way, I've also seen people saying that things are a bit broken right now with the character limits for free and preferred players. Like, any characters you've deleted will still count towards your total, and you only get that limit across all servers even though you're supposed to be able to get that many on each server. Something like that. I don't know too much about the issues myself since I'm subscribed, but they should be working on getting that stuff fixed for 1.6 (if not sooner).

edit: Maybe I've been a bit misinformed on at least part of that? I did a search and found a yellow post on their forums that stated that it is intentional for free players to only be allowed 2 characters per account (NOT per server). Granted, that post is a couple weeks old at this point and says nothing about preferred players or the increased character slots that I know I heard about somewhere else.

---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby