Rise of the Hutt Cartel: Paid Expansion

#1Azarath314Posted 12/18/2012 5:19:54 AM
Paid Expansion called Rise of the Hutt Cartel has been announced thoughts

http://www.swtor.com/rothc
#2GamemakoPosted 12/18/2012 5:36:49 AM
Talk about mismanagement. The game was buy+sub, then busted infinte trial + sub, now free trial + sub + b2p + p2w + ****-me-who-knows. I'm not opposed to the b2p model like they employ here, but holy mother****ing ****, they need to get their financial ducks in a row.
---
All of the pieces that puzzled their journey are now in position to land.
#3Cubbiesboy22Posted 12/18/2012 5:46:51 AM
Follows industry standard
#4BigJay066Posted 12/18/2012 6:07:34 AM
It only raises the cap to level 55....really they couldn't make it to 60? Well this just means that we can expect more of these paid expansions if people choose to continue playing the story portion. As for myself I'm not really sure if I will buy this expansion but being the sucker that I am to get to the max level for my characters I probably will but I want to hear more details about it.
#5sargothusPosted 12/18/2012 6:55:08 AM(edited)
"Experience 5 new levels, including story-driven missions, as the level cap increases to 55!"
OMG!!
#6SoulTrapperPosted 12/18/2012 7:15:07 AM(edited)
Can I use Cartel Coins to pre-purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel?

No, you will not be able to pre-order the Digital Expansion with Cartel Coins. This Digital Expansion is only available for purchase on our website at www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/buy.

So, does that mean it won't ever be available for CC or that just the pre-order is not available?

Knowing EA it's the first, though.

Also, it's pretty funny how this actually costs less then the Life Day pack.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#7avearys333Posted 12/18/2012 7:28:27 AM
All I need to know is if this requires Origin or not. I bought the game physically, at retail, I've always used game time cards instead of giving EA my cc number, and I really want to get this expansion, but I need to know that I don't have to d/l Origin or hand over my info to get it. Just let me buy it in a store, for ****'s sake!
---
Playing: SW: ToR (PC), MLB 12: The Show, Resistance series (PS3/Vita)
Anticipating: Aliens: Colonial Marines, BioShock Infinite, GTAV, the Last of Us
#8Captain PandaPosted 12/18/2012 7:30:15 AM
Offhand it's going to depend on whether there are actual class stories. If not, and I'd say "not" is pretty likely, eh, I'm fine leaving myself capped where I am.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Df0yP.jpg
Stay Dangerous, my friends.
#9MoganPosted 12/18/2012 7:41:50 AM(edited)
Too little info to make any kind of good/bad judgement, but I like what I see so far.
Nice that it's half price for subscribers, but I can't say if that's a good deal or not yet. If the new planet itself is enough XP to get a character from 50-55, that sounds like it might be pretty large, since Corellia's level range is just 47-50.
The only thing I can say with certainty is that, because its from Bioware/EA/SWTOR, there's going to be a lot of people *****ing about it regardless of quality.
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"
#10MoganPosted 12/18/2012 7:34:50 AM
Offhand it's going to depend on whether there are actual class stories. If not, and I'd say "not" is pretty likely, eh, I'm fine leaving myself capped where I am.

They've talked about this. Makeb is one story for all classes, but your past exploits are mentioned and change the way people react to you.
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"