Once you subscribe how useful is the Cartel Market?

#11LightHawKnightPosted 12/26/2012 6:15:18 PM
Taiketo posted...
and rolling the dice on cartel coins is somehow more affordable?

I don't think so.

If you get those coins from subscribing, then yes.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#12Muljo StphoPosted 12/26/2012 10:51:16 PM(edited)
I haven't paid for any cartel coins yet. I've only used my "free" coins on things. But I've used them to get the rocket boost legacy unlock (I wasn't likely to have the 2 million credits saved up for it any time soon and this felt like a much better deal anyway) and to get all of my characters an extra cargo bay and an extra line of on-hand inventory space (in both cases it seemed like a better deal than paying a bunch of credits for each character individually).

I have not used it for any cartel packs or any equipment of any kind yet.
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#13BDJaycePosted 12/26/2012 11:24:23 PM
Muljo Stpho posted...
I haven't paid for any cartel coins yet. I've only used my "free" coins on things. But I've used them to get the rocket boost legacy unlock (I wasn't likely to have the 2 million credits saved up for it any time soon and this felt like a much better deal anyway) and to get all of my characters an extra cargo bay and an extra line of on-hand inventory space (in both cases it seemed like a better deal than paying a bunch of credits for each character individually).

I have not used it for any cartel packs or any equipment of any kind yet.

How much do the rocket boost things cost with Cartel Coins?
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#14Muljo StphoPosted 12/27/2012 5:36:37 AM
BDJayce posted...
How much do the rocket boost things cost with Cartel Coins?

300 for the main skill, the one that would otherwise cost you 2 million credits.

The two upgrades (1 million credits and 1.5 million credits normally) will cost you 120 cartel coins each, but for some reason they've got them marked as being per character even though logically they ought to be account-wide just like the main skill. (They're all on the "other" tab in the legacy menu, not the "character" tab.)

The boost isn't much. It's just a 12 second burst of speed on a 2 minute cooldown. (It reduces to 1 minute with both upgrades.) But it can be used in places where you're restricted from using a speeder and it has the same speed as a level 3 speeder. So it's still a nice little bonus to have.
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#15TaiketoPosted 12/27/2012 8:45:20 AM
It's 30 seconds with both upgrades. I spent my free coins on all 3 upgrades personally.
---
Is it elitist to crave efficiency?
#16TheRaven1406Posted 12/30/2012 10:25:22 AM
Rocket Boost isn't that much of a speed increase, but it makes the game feel a lot more fluent indoors and pre-mount.

The best deal for cartel points (most credits saved) are the rocket boost, the legacy cargo unlock for the 3rd+ bay: can save you over 3 Million Credits, the bag unlock for the last 10 slots: can save you 1,6 Million or more.

Check the GTN regularily too, I was able to snag a legacy bag unlock for 250k :D

Also per character cargo and bag unlocks are cheaper on my server's GTN than directly buying your 3+ bay or last bag slots.

Some cartel market items are a really bad deal compared to how much it costs at the GTN, for example exp boost.
#17NeoSamuelPosted 12/30/2012 2:10:59 PM
I have used the coins I got for subbing for EXP boosts for my alt.
---
Im Black Mage. I cast spells that make people fall down.
#18maxpowr3Posted 12/30/2012 8:00:52 PM
I had 975 cartel credits when I signed back up (found a game card laying around). I used about 650 of them towards getting the max rocket boots which would have cost 4.5mil credits. So worth it.
---
Sammed - Prophecy of the Five
#19Wolfwood44Posted 12/30/2012 9:12:29 PM
I personally enjoy getting the grab bag packs. I've only gotten them with the Sub coins, but I've managed to get:

Pink Crystal (as mentioned previous) -- it's awesome because I gave it to a new char and it won't be surpassed... ever.

Satele Shan Statue -- also awesome for a new character, though it is simply a convenience that allows you to train skills anywhere without finding a trainer.

Overlord Command Throne -- an awesome looking speeder that levels with your speeder training.

Revan's Chest Piece (forget actual name) -- I'm a touch obsessed with Revan so I bought the lower robe after that and look awesome (hoping to pull the mask on next crate!).

And one generic speeder that was at least slightly interesting looking.

Anything I don't want, I can sell on the Cartel Market, which tends to turn them into piles of credits pretty quickly.

Yeah, I'm enjoying the market as a Sub.

Oh... and my first purchase was the Carbonite Freezing... I just couldn't help myself.
---
GT/PSN: Silt44
My Blog (Comics, Video Games, and Movies): www.arbitrarynerd.blogspot.com
#20pliskin33Posted 12/31/2012 3:32:44 PM
Do want Revans masm if it can be put with other hoods
---
p_q I am the most fosiphicated. Two monoclometers. - Daniel_Hibiki