Could use opinions on these Builds

#1Sun Ce fanPosted 1/28/2013 3:36:33 PM
This is my planned Operative leveling spec:
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401Mcf0zZMIrodbMzMZGM.2

Idea behind it is to send in a tank to engage (Kayilo atm), kolto probe them up, then engage and drop dps of my own. Making the fights faster while also making both my character and the tank/dps I use unkillable or as near to it as possible without going full heal spec.

This is my planned PT DPS build;
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hM0MZbsbZfIbbdhhM.2

Idea behind it basically is the same as a full pyrotech but I just find the top 6 points in the pyrotech tree on paper are lackluster. So I spread the points into the other trees to increase damage output and survivability. Since I use taunts to engage which keeps them off of Mako so she's free to spend more heals on me then on herself.

So opinions? Criticisms? Thoughts?
#2AgentRebornPosted 1/28/2013 7:49:58 PM
Imo, the best way to level up a Scoundrel/Operative is to go full dps and just smash everything
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1935601/hynoski2.gif
#3maxpowr3Posted 1/29/2013 3:48:07 PM
AgentReborn posted...
Imo, the best way to level up a Scoundrel/Operative is to go full dps and just smash everything

I went full heals but it is just as easy.

TC, you are already at a disadvantage by not sticking to one tree at the start. To get kolto probe, you have to go up to level 20 as heals which at that point, you might as well level as a healer.
---
Sammed - Prophecy of the Five
#4AgentRebornPosted 1/29/2013 6:04:37 PM
Some classes can benefit from a Hybrid spec. Sage is one. You dont really need any heals besides Trance/Rejuvenate/Benevolence and picking up some stuff in Balance also helps in solo pvp, should that happen

But for pure leveling, sticking to one tree is usually more beneficial
---
#5Deaths_BladePosted 1/30/2013 12:49:49 AM
AgentReborn posted...
Some classes can benefit from a Hybrid spec. Sage is one. You dont really need any heals besides Trance/Rejuvenate/Benevolence and picking up some stuff in Balance also helps in solo pvp, should that happen

Explain please. I really want to play a DPS Sorc, but I know that heal spec is better for groups. Can you suggest a viable hybrid spec for both DPS lightning and healing?
---
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it - Thomas Paine: The American Crisis IV
#6maxpowr3Posted 1/30/2013 1:29:16 AM
Deaths_Blade posted...
AgentReborn posted...

Explain please. I really want to play a DPS Sorc, but I know that heal spec is better for groups. Can you suggest a viable hybrid spec for both DPS lightning and healing?

Sorc healers go healing/lightning hybrid usually for PvP. Believe the spec is 21/18/2 and the reason they do that is for the bubble stun. There is no real hybrid DPS spec anymore since the wrath nerf and the double force lightning tap. It's either full madness or full lightning. Anything else is suboptimal for damage, especially in PvP.

Honestly, I have healed a hardmode flashpoint before in DPS gear and spec with no problem. Not efficient per se but doable.

For an operative, you have to get that 31-point talent for the aoe heal which is the best aoe heal in the game.
---
#7AgentRebornPosted 1/30/2013 3:56:48 AM
Bubble stun OP, man
---
#8Deaths_BladePosted 1/30/2013 7:38:53 AM
maxpowr3 posted...
Honestly, I have healed a hardmode flashpoint before in DPS gear and spec with no problem. Not efficient per se but doable.

For an operative, you have to get that 31-point talent for the aoe heal which is the best aoe heal in the game.

F2P, so no ops. I guess I'll try a DPS spec, and if I start falling behind on the healing then I'll change spec. Normally I wouldn't care, but I really want to play a trigger happy lightning sorc without having to wait for ****ing ages on the group finder.

Does the "DPS spec but good healer" also apply for commando/merc and scoundrel/operative?
---
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it - Thomas Paine: The American Crisis IV
#9maxpowr3Posted 1/30/2013 12:42:16 PM
Deaths_Blade posted...
maxpowr3 posted...

F2P, so no ops. I guess I'll try a DPS spec, and if I start falling behind on the healing then I'll change spec. Normally I wouldn't care, but I really want to play a trigger happy lightning sorc without having to wait for ****ing ages on the group finder.

Does the "DPS spec but good healer" also apply for commando/merc and scoundrel/operative?

At least for operative, no. Surgical probe [the 22-point talent] is a god-tier heal ability. Those two linked talents are pretty much the reason healing operatives seem unkillable in PvP. I get below 30% and I just pop my shield and spam surgical probe until I basically die. Even under normal healing circumstances, the ability is a must have. You could be casting kolto injection and then pop surgical probe after getting two heals in instead of eating up a GCD.

Don't know about mercs because my bounty hunter is a powertech.
---