Maintenance

#1SoulTrapperPosted 2/1/2013 7:43:47 PM
No maintenance this week, looks like there will be no maintenance next week either.

Remind me why people pay a sub fee for this again?
---
PSN: El_Coon
#2BDJaycePosted 2/1/2013 7:53:49 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
No maintenance this week, looks like there will be no maintenance next week either.

Remind me why people pay a sub fee for this again?

I.. what? I don't even.. you confuse the **** out of me!

The game is running more or less smooth the last few weeks.. they can't be expected to add a 'zomg! that's a purty mount' to the cartel every week.. and if this is all the calm before the 1.7 release then I hope they take as long as they want between maintenance periods.

"oh no! they aren't doing maintenance.. lol! doom and gloom, this game is lame"
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#3SoulTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 8:03:58 PM(edited)
BDJayce posted...

The game is running more or less smooth the last few weeks.. they can't be expected to add a 'zomg! that's a purty mount' to the cartel every week.. and if this is all the calm before the 1.7 release then I hope they take as long as they want between maintenance periods.

Yeah, not really.
One look at the costumer service page and you'll see that bugs that have been there for months are still present.

They don't need to add anything to cartel market, but denying bug fixes are needed is being blind.

I always heard people say there are separate teams working on everything, so why would the team responsible for bug fixes need to work on 1.7?

That, along with the yet again dropping server activity two months into the F2P and the not so good numbers coming out of the investor call, it does seem a bit suspicious.

Besides that, the board is pretty dead, not a very good indication either.
---
#4BDJaycePosted 2/1/2013 8:08:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5KatsuragisamaPosted 2/1/2013 10:18:06 PM
You could look at the brightside. While maintenance could be used to implement a patch for bug fixes, they usually end up causing more bugs than they fix anyways. Perhaps no maintenance could also be seen as a blessing? :)
#6BDSMKanePosted 2/2/2013 12:54:23 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
BDJayce posted...

Yeah, not really.
One look at the costumer service page and you'll see that bugs that have been there for months are still present.

They don't need to add anything to cartel market, but denying bug fixes are needed is being blind.

I always heard people say there are separate teams working on everything, so why would the team responsible for bug fixes need to work on 1.7?

That, along with the yet again dropping server activity two months into the F2P and the not so good numbers coming out of the investor call, it does seem a bit suspicious.

Besides that, the board is pretty dead, not a very good indication either.

First of all, I hate trolls; this is a very enjoyable game, if you don't like it then stop wasting your time talking about it. Likewise, I also hate fanboys though who can't admit when a problem exists.

That being said, I agree with TC 100%. I haven't been playing long, but I've reported two bugs that haven't been addressed yet. One I'll admit was only last week, but the other is coming up on a month now and I know it's been around longer than I've been playing. I also have another bug to report the next time I do The Black Talon, provided they didn't ninja fix it and I just missed the patch notes; also a bug that's been around longer than I have.

So, yes, they should be doing weekly updates to fix the bugs that are around, and not doing so is kind of disheartening. However, I am confident that BW/EA will receive their due rewards for their service, good or bad.
---
"Among creatures born into chaos, a majority will imagine an order, a minority will question the order, and the rest will be pronounced insane."
#7Deaths_BladePosted 2/2/2013 2:46:33 AM
Look, unless it is a fatal bug, there's no profit in fixing it. EA makes more money from introducing new cartel stuff than addressing existing bugs. I'd make a guess that they're only got a few people fixing bugs compared to dozens creating new cartel content.
---
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it - Thomas Paine: The American Crisis IV
#8Jules RulesPosted 2/2/2013 3:36:49 AM
On The Red Eclipse we've had one rollback, severe lag and I'm still crashing at the end of Black Talon. So yeah, continued no maintenance does worry me, cause this game is hardly in a perfect state.
---
http://i34.tinypic.com/wtauc7.gif
XBL & PSN: OMGFather
#9SoulTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 5:05:03 AM
Katsuragisama posted...
You could look at the brightside. While maintenance could be used to implement a patch for bug fixes, they usually end up causing more bugs than they fix anyways. Perhaps no maintenance could also be seen as a blessing? :)

Yeah, I guess you could see it as something positive: It will stop them from breaking something else.
---
#10AgentRebornPosted 2/2/2013 6:54:12 AM
Wednesday was fine to play. Thursday was kinda laggy in patches. I figured Cablevision was having issues because it was windy and rainy.

Yesterday? GAME UNPLAYABLE! Unbearable and constant lag spikes. The MS counter thing was going past 100,000 ms. Lag was unreal. Pls fix biowear pls
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1935601/hynoski2.gif