f2p cannot get the free Recruit PvP Gear

#11bigbry2004Posted 2/4/2013 9:16:31 PM
more like "waaaaah bioware is STILL in charge of this game?"
---
nWo -4- Life!
#12MoganPosted 2/4/2013 9:22:27 PM
If that were the case than f2p wouldn't be allowed to do Hard Modes or 50 warzones.
Try harder.

Well, you're limited in both of those without paying, and Operations are completely behind the pay wall. Bioware said they wanted to make the leveling game largely free and the end game the biggest incentive to subscribe, and that sounds like what they're trying to do. I think I'd do it a bit differently (more for free before the level 50 content, but more stuff only for subs), but its not really all THAT surprising that Free players can't get the free Recruit Gear.
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"
#13maxpowr3Posted 2/4/2013 10:13:25 PM
Mogan posted...
If that were the case than f2p wouldn't be allowed to do Hard Modes or 50 warzones.
Try harder.

Well, you're limited in both of those without paying, and Operations are completely behind the pay wall. Bioware said they wanted to make the leveling game largely free and the end game the biggest incentive to subscribe, and that sounds like what they're trying to do. I think I'd do it a bit differently (more for free before the level 50 content, but more stuff only for subs), but its not really all THAT surprising that Free players can't get the free Recruit Gear.

The game basically ends at 50 for F2P as it should. If you want the extra content, you should pay-to-play. Just wait till the Xpac when they will whack you $20 to go beyond 50 and they are at a huge detriment.
---
Sammed - Prophecy of the Five
#14MoganPosted 2/4/2013 10:30:37 PM
The game basically ends at 50 for F2P as it should. If you want the extra content, you should pay-to-play. Just wait till the Xpac when they will whack you $20 to go beyond 50 and they are at a huge detriment.

Yeah, I'll be interested to see how the level bump works for Free Players, and players who don't buy RotHC in general.
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"
#15SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:30:40 PM
maxpowr3 posted...
Mogan posted...
Try harder.

Yet they still have access to all of the endgame but OPs and have all those dailies they can do as well.

So please be so kind as to stop spewing random nonsense when you have no idea what you're talking about.
---
FE:A-MU/Olivia, Chrom/Sumia, Lissa/Vaike, Lon'qu/Cordelia, Gaius/Maribelle, Donnel/Nowi, Riveria/Sully, Panne/Stahl, Miriel/Ricken, Tharja/Henri, Cherche/Virion
#16BigBoss2021Posted 2/5/2013 12:42:22 AM
They also don't pay any money.
---
It's my money and I NEED IT NOW!! Steam ID = Physlics
Need more people for Darkfall: Unholy Wars!
#17EvilAshTwinPosted 2/5/2013 2:54:16 AM
BigBoss2021 posted...
They also don't pay any money.

Free players ok, but what about preferred? Dont assume that all preferred players have only spent the minimum to get the upgrade.
#18The RobPosted 2/5/2013 6:48:04 AM(edited)
You know, when you think about it, F2P is really only to give you access to the story content. That show you things like end-game gear in front of you to convince you to sub; they're saying, "BTW, there's a bunch more stuff you can do if you sub," not "Look at all this stuff you can't do! Loser!"

Also, 60 Tionese comms can get you more than 3 pieces depending on what you buy. Some pieces cost 16 comms but others cost 10. Or has the price been increased for F2P?
---
whatnow12012 posted...
I am not the same person as Whatnow or whatever his or hers name.
#19Cubbiesboy22Posted 2/5/2013 6:52:05 AM
The Rob posted...
You know, when you think about it, F2P is really only to give you access to the story content. That show you things like end-game gear in front of you to convince you to sub; they're saying, "BTW, there's a bunch more stuff you can do if you sub," not "Look at all this stuff you can't do! Loser!"

Also, 60 Tionese comms can get you more than 3 pieces depending on what you buy. Some pieces cost 16 comms but others cost 10. Or has the price been increased for F2P?

99 gets you everything. Prices haven't increased.
#20SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 6:58:14 AM
Correct, not everyone is f2p. This effects former subbers too. If you pick up the recruit and Tionese quests as Preferred or f2p you lose 39 comms and the recruit gear. They don't return even if you sub.

The Rob posted...

Comm prices are 20% higher for f2p/Preferred.
---
FE:A-MU/Olivia, Chrom/Sumia, Lissa/Vaike, Lon'qu/Cordelia, Gaius/Maribelle, Donnel/Nowi, Riveria/Sully, Panne/Stahl, Miriel/Ricken, Tharja/Henri, Cherche/Virion