I'm actually surprised that the BH...

#1SazukeEXPosted 2/4/2013 4:58:59 PM
Was able to take out so many high profile characters from the Republic and the Empire regardless of your alignment(though DS misses out on the epic finale that LS gets). Jedi and Sith didn't seem all that invincible by the end of the BH story, even the greatest of them and some of the cut-scenes showing the BH force Force Users to engage them on their terms were very well done, especially as Chapter 3 was coming to an end.
---
FE:A-MU/Olivia, Chrom/Sumia, Lissa/Vaike, Lon'qu/Cordelia, Gaius/Maribelle, Donnel/Nowi, Riveria/Sully, Panne/Stahl, Miriel/Ricken, Tharja/Henri, Cherche/Virion
#2Torque86Posted 2/5/2013 3:25:30 AM(edited)
You have to understand that while the gameplay would indicate that a BH couldn't have killed all those targets. Lore-wise Jedi and Sith are just humans and whatnot... and can be easily killed by properly trained Bounty Hunters.

The game just illustrates them to be stronger because otherwise they wouldn't pose a challenge to the player. Don't quote me on this because I'm not fully sure but I think in the books Force Lightning for example is a very unique power that only a few Sith had ever mastered... yet in the game see everyone and their grandma do it.

edit:
Actually a good example is General Grievous. The guy is a robot with absolutely no force powers to speak of yet he has 4 lightsabers that he took of jedi he killed.
#3HakPosted 2/5/2013 3:51:18 AM
In SWG, before Jedi were a selectable class in their own right (it had to be "earned"), BH were the "Jedi killer" class. There was nothing a Jedi could do to combat a decent BH - they could kite, could break free of any CC that a Jedi threw at them, did great damage... after NGE was introduced, they were slightly more balanced, though not by much. Bounty Hunters appear to have become the "Jedi Killer" in Star Wars mythos now, so the story simply reflects that.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#4stet1Posted 2/5/2013 4:02:07 AM
dont forget you are not just a bounty hunter you are the best bounty hunter and at this time their are so many jedi / sith and most are not much better than a normal person same goes with smuggler / trooper and agent they are the best at what they do ... lore wise they shouldent be able to touch PC jedi / sith who are also the best in their area
---
swtor: harry potter, nightmare lands eu
#5MajinUltimaPosted 2/5/2013 5:35:15 AM
All the classes are like that, the player characters are uniquely capable persons, even without the Force themselves.
---
Homura-chan is the coolest.
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8901/homura03.jpg
#6Mellow_RGPosted 2/5/2013 6:04:21 AM(edited)
I think it has more to do with your story Bounty Hunter just being really really good

He/She is not an average bounty hunter

Jun Seros probably sensed it in the force, that you would become very dangerous. I doubt he went all the way to make you the Republic's most wanted just for a personal grudge.

But really, Darth Tormen seems to be a glorified thug, and the other Jedi while famous, didn't seem to be A-list Jedi.

//
---
So I heard you like Nyarlathotep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkcvP758390
#7SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 7:37:58 AM(edited)
There's that one Jedi in Corellia that's supposed to be invincible and the Sith clearly respected him.

Torque86 posted...
You have to understand that while the gameplay would indicate that a BH couldn't have killed all those targets. Lore-wise Jedi and Sith are just humans and whatnot... and can be easily killed by properly trained Bounty Hunters.

The game just illustrates them to be stronger because otherwise they wouldn't pose a challenge to the player. Don't quote me on this because I'm not fully sure but I think in the books Force Lightning for example is a very unique power that only a few Sith had ever mastered... yet in the game see everyone and their grandma do it.

edit:
Actually a good example is General Grievous. The guy is a robot with absolutely no force powers to speak of yet he has 4 lightsabers that he took of jedi he killed.

BH killed plenty High Profile Force Users in the cutscenes too. >_>

I understand it's a gameplay thing but the story does try to make it appear that you're the only BH if you're a BH so you're one out of trillions to actually kill high profile Jedi and Sith in the Underworld. Guess they wanted to catch the Jango and Boba Fett feel even if neither really killed any Jedi or Sith.
---
FE:A-MU/Olivia, Chrom/Sumia, Lissa/Vaike, Lon'qu/Cordelia, Gaius/Maribelle, Donnel/Nowi, Riveria/Sully, Panne/Stahl, Miriel/Ricken, Tharja/Henri, Cherche/Virion
#8TluhdatsiPosted 2/5/2013 9:13:24 AM
The reason for a Jedi's relative weakness here, and in the prequel trilogy, is easy to explain.

Jedi are bound by the Law of Conservation of Ninjutsu.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ConservationOfNinjutsu
---
"We have a Constitution to protect us from the rule of 'most reasonable people'." -Butters (not the one from South Park)
#9AgentRebornPosted 2/5/2013 10:10:13 AM
In Kotor-era lore, Atton speaks pretty casually about killing Jedi and how it doesnt seem to be all that difficult
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1935601/hynoski2.gif
#10VINJARPosted 2/5/2013 10:54:15 AM
Hak posted...
In SWG, before Jedi were a selectable class in their own right (it had to be "earned"), BH were the "Jedi killer" class. There was nothing a Jedi could do to combat a decent BH - they could kite, could break free of any CC that a Jedi threw at them, did great damage... after NGE was introduced, they were slightly more balanced, though not by much. Bounty Hunters appear to have become the "Jedi Killer" in Star Wars mythos now, so the story simply reflects that.

A pure BH build would never stand up to a Jedi pre NGE.

With my Jedi hunter build the only skills I had in BH was Invesstigation 3 to take the Jedi player missions. After that the rest of my build was TKM, with points in Doctor for healing (I forgot what I needed to get the second tier stims) and Fencer and Pistoleer for the dodging.

Then we had to have the correct food and drink buffs on hand. I forget the names but I had one food buff that increased dodge and kept a drink buff ready in case the target Force ran away. Even then you had maybe a 50/50 chance. I used to send explosive droids at the target when they were on mission terminals and had to click out of two screens. Good times.

Back on topic: Most of the Jedi and Sith in the game, including the players are more common whereas the non Force user classes would be considered elite individuals in the game world.