Anyone know what this was?

#1SSJ2__GohanPosted 2/4/2013 7:22:20 PM
Balmorra, republic phase.

I was fighting an Imperial (a normal mob: no silver/gold/anything), when suddenly all on his own my character walked backwards out of melee range. He would then stop, the Imperial would come closer as he was melee (just like me, which made this quite annoying), and my character would step backwards again multiple pases (he really walked: he didn't get pushed). This repeated about 5 more times, until I finally regained control. There was no debuff on me, which I'd expect to see if I got some fear debuff or anything (if that even exists).

Any idea what happened to me? Would really like to know that.
#2Captain PandaPosted 2/4/2013 7:59:11 PM
Sounds like lag. If not that...was this, by any chance, at the fortified trenches approaching the Arms Factory? I've seen weird battle-resetting glitches going on there before. Only seen it reset enemies, granted, but what I have seen is prevalent and weird enough to make me think it could affect players.

If it's neither of those, then no idea. There's definitely no in-game mechanic that would force your character to run away.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Df0yP.jpg
Stay Dangerous, my friends.
#3SSJ2__Gohan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 8:34:36 PM(edited)
It was in the area for the Bonus Series 1. Near the first bridge you reach if you go from the Bonus Series 1 hub towards the questing area.

My ping is always 35-39, and I always have 4 bars in-game. This was still the case during said fight.
#4The RobPosted 2/5/2013 6:58:34 AM
Sounds like the dreaded Moonwalk debuff. It's invisible on screen but you get the info about by Alt+F4ing. (Yes, this is a joke.)
---
whatnow12012 posted...
I am not the same person as Whatnow or whatever his or hers name.