What's a good crew skill for a newbie f2p player?

#11Cubbiesboy22Posted 2/5/2013 4:24:15 AM
Take slicing if you are true f2p.
#12Wing_PhoenixPosted 2/5/2013 1:52:12 PM
If you buy a crew skill you become preferred permanently. How much does that cost though?
---
The most devastating defeat is the one which comes when you have stood on the edge of victory.
#13Mastr_BlastrPosted 2/5/2013 4:33:11 PM
I'm on a preferred account and have slicing and scavenging on the main character I play. Slicing makes decent money, but you can make a ton w/ scavenging, too, especially when its maxxed or close to it. Of course, as F2P and preferred, you can only have so many creds at 1 time, but you can spend a lot buying the character perks and account unlocks.
#14vaynark(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 10:17:20 PM
About companion gifts, where can I get companion gifts beside from doing missions? I got a lot of gift fragments but I can't seem to go back to Carrick Station from Coruscant Spaceport. Why is that? I'm level 15 at the moment, by the way.
---
"Doomed planet, desperate scientist, last hope, kindly couple... Superman"
Lex Luthor, All Star Superman.
#15Muljo StphoPosted 2/5/2013 10:42:47 PM
You have to find the same hangar that you arrived in to find the shuttle that will take you back to the station. I forget exactly where that was but there are only a few places in the spaceport that you can go that aren't the bays for players' ships.

Or... Actually, an easier one to direct you towards would be the shuttle next to the flashpoint courier. Go to the area around the taxi that's in between the spaceport and the senate tower. On one side of it there is a shuttle that you can use to get back to the fleet. (Warning: I think it might dump you onto the mission departures bay since it's meant for people wanting to do whichever flashpoint that droid next to it mentions. So you'll have to find the elevator to get back to the main level with all the shops and stuff.)

And of course when you finish Coruscant you'll get your own ship and you'll be able to use that to get back to fleet.
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#16MoganPosted 2/6/2013 6:12:28 AM
About companion gifts, where can I get companion gifts beside from doing missions? I got a lot of gift fragments but I can't seem to go back to Carrick Station from Coruscant Spaceport. Why is that? I'm level 15 at the moment, by the way.

The same shuttle that dropped you off after you left the fleet (or finished The Esseles) will take you back, but at 15, you might as well just finish Coruscant and get your own ship, you've got to be close.

Once you get back to the fleet, the Curator is a vendor that's in the same section of the station as the GTN kiosks, you can trade your gift fragments in there.
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"
#17vaynark(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:44:26 PM
Well, I think I can subscribe sometime this week. I'm going to subscribe for 1 month to experience to the fullest what the game have to offer. I have taken Slicing for a while and it's been quite good for me. I'm thinking to get Biochem and Bioanalysis after I subscribe. My question is, is Diplomacy necessary to support Biochem and Bioanalysis? Or should I go Biochem, Bioanalysis and Slicing?
---
#18MoganPosted 2/6/2013 7:55:01 PM
^Without Diplomacy, you wont be able to craft anything other than green items (which excludes all adrenals in Biochem, as they start at blue). All the crafting skills are set up this way, they tie to two different gathering skills, one gets you basic materials (either in missions or from nodes in the world) and the other gets you the more advanced materials (form missions only). Taking Slicing basically means you'll only be able to craft items that just take basic materials. Anything blue or purple schematics you may learn will require materials you can't gather, and will have to buy.
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"
#19vaynark(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 3:30:54 AM
As a Sentinel, which crafting skill is better and which of two makes more money? Biochem or Artifice? My biochem is around 150, but I also want to make my weapons and armors as strong as possible. Also, can I transfer my items or credits from my Sentinel to another of my characters in the same server including to the Empire side? I plan to play a Sentinel as my main and an Empire character. It would be nice if my Empire character crafting skill can support my Sentinel.
---
#20rtlrPosted 2/10/2013 4:51:53 AM
If I recall correctly, you don't necessarily have to buy the crew skill unlock, though it'd be a free two for one like most have said here. If you make enough credits from the GTN it is possible you might make enough to buy a number of the cartel unlocks for sale on there without having to spend any real money. But the upgrade in status will allow you to amass more credits which will make it easier to buy them.