So this new event is same side PVP as well?

#1xLexLuth0rxPosted 2/12/2013 10:49:14 AM(edited)
Interesting. Figured it would just be Imp vs Pubs. This could prove to be cause a little bit of anger in your own faction.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#2MoganPosted 2/12/2013 11:06:59 AM
There are some folks *****ing about it on the official boards. Went in thinking they'd be fighting Imps only, got jumped by fellow Pubs, headed straight to the message boards to complain.
Haven't had a chance to try 1.7 yet myself, but since this is supposed to a long running event, I'll bet we see a lot of tweaking to how it works.
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"
#3xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 11:17:39 AM
It's only running for 14 days but they said it's designed so they'll bring it back a few times in this year.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#4OutFromUndrPosted 2/12/2013 11:52:34 AM
^Yep. Really dont like the FFA PvP though. Might work for another game, but certainly not Star Wars.
---
GT: Tommot67
#5AgentRebornPosted 2/12/2013 4:34:47 PM
FFA PvP pretty much means TOR doesnt feel like going through the effort to attempt balance
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1935601/hynoski2.gif
#6SlightlySychoticPosted 2/12/2013 5:14:32 PM
Based on what I've seen it's still breaking down on faction sides. Pubs will tolerate Pubs at the pylon, as will Imps, but any teams from the other faction will get wrecked. I'm sure there are some elite guilds out there that will attack anyone who isn't one of them but so far people seem capable of civility.
---
Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Don't think I'll go easy on you just because you're a dog."
#7The RobPosted 2/12/2013 6:38:27 PM
FFA PvP works very well Sith side... Pub side, maybe not so much. Lore-wise I mean. ;)
---
whatnow12012 posted...
I am not the same person as Whatnow or whatever his or hers name.
#8AgentRebornPosted 2/12/2013 8:05:14 PM
SlightlySychotic posted...
Based on what I've seen it's still breaking down on faction sides. Pubs will tolerate Pubs at the pylon, as will Imps, but any teams from the other faction will get wrecked. I'm sure there are some elite guilds out there that will attack anyone who isn't one of them but so far people seem capable of civility.

I wont attack those on the same side unless they attack me first, obv
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1935601/hynoski2.gif
#9maxpowr3Posted 2/13/2013 11:25:38 AM
The Rob posted...
FFA PvP works very well Sith side... Pub side, maybe not so much. Lore-wise I mean. ;)

How many sith lords do you kill in any Imperial storyline working your way to the top?

Exactly.
---
Sammed - Prophecy of the Five
#10The RobPosted 2/15/2013 6:02:52 AM
A few, why? What's your point? Not everybody is a sith lord.
---
whatnow12012 posted...
I am not the same person as Whatnow or whatever his or hers name.