Can't believe all the restrictions.

#1Perfect_flamePosted 2/13/2013 9:09:33 PM
Just decided to come back after a long time away to mainly play as a single player game and enjoy the story quests but I find that I don't get rested exp and I can't even talk to other players. I assume there is going to be more horrible restrictions along the way. After playing guild wars 2 I find this horribly hurtful to the game and think they're doing more harm than good.
#2burningsmurfsPosted 2/13/2013 10:51:53 PM
Yeah I enjoy the occassional pvp match and dungeon and I am used to games with f2p limits but this game seems to have the most "severe" restrictions on the free system I've seen without getting into the whole whether that is a good or bad thing. I have never seen a few of the restrictions in any other games.
---
I don't burn smurfs, I just figured a burning one would smell.
#3SazukeEXPosted 2/14/2013 4:49:18 AM
Subbers also don't like the restrictions. The WZ restrictions and lackof free Recriut PvP gear makes 50 PvP a stomp no matter what since many players have no choice but to enter PvP with no PvP gear and wont get any for a long time due to the limit, lower comm gain, and most players not desiring to spend 300k on gear that subbers get for free.
---
FE:A-MU/Olivia, Chrom/Sumia, Lissa/Vaike, Lon'qu/Cordelia, Gaius/Maribelle, Donnel/Nowi, Riveria/Sully, Panne/Stahl, Miriel/Ricken, Tharja/Henri, Cherche/Virion
#4Cubbiesboy22Posted 2/14/2013 6:17:58 AM
Perfect_flame posted...
Just decided to come back after a long time away to mainly play as a single player game and enjoy the story quests but I find that I don't get rested exp and I can't even talk to other players. I assume there is going to be more horrible restrictions along the way. After playing guild wars 2 I find this horribly hurtful to the game and think they're doing more harm than good.

GW2 is not f2p. SWTOR is. Big difference.
#5Perfect_flame(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 7:29:22 PM
Cubbiesboy22 posted...
Perfect_flame posted...

Not sure what you mean?
#6Edavy89Posted 2/14/2013 7:33:39 PM
Cubbiesboy22 posted...
Perfect_flame posted...

lol.... You are a smart one.
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
#7MistwalkerPosted 2/14/2013 9:35:41 PM
Cubbiesboy22 posted...

A difference, yes, but hardly a big one as GW2 has no sub.

I would still recommend anyone serious about playing TOR for the story to at least get Preferred status (by spending $5 on the Cartel Market) as it makes a marked difference in the quality of your experience. There are still massive gameplay-blocking walls every step of the way (and you'll be incessantly reminded of them), but just for the story? It's doable if you're patient.

If you care at all about endgame, PvP, or anything beyond the solo grind through the story (which is not bad at all) then subbing is pretty much a requirement.
#8Cubbiesboy22Posted 2/15/2013 6:06:27 AM
When you compare GW2 to SWTOR you fail. First, GW2 is not a f2p game. You pay 60 bucks and then they have microtransactions. SWTOR you have to pay nothing to play the game, absolutely nothing. Now, of course SWTOR will have some restrictions on the game in order for people to either buy cartel coins or to sub because guess what, people don't make games for free. You are trying to compare two different "pay" models.
#9happyscrub1Posted 2/15/2013 7:07:20 AM
GW 2 is pretty bad. Plz don't compare that game to this one. You just said you really enjoy SWTOR story content. GW content is utter crap.
---
Happyscrub's league of legends rank is higher than 95% gamefaqs posters. This is why gamefaqs jealous of him. That's why they troll him. So sad, So bad, so mad.
#10SoulTrapperPosted 2/15/2013 7:16:05 AM
Cubbiesboy22 posted...
You are trying to compare two different "pay" models.

I posted this once before, as a reply to where you claimed this F2P was similar to that of DCUO, but since you seem to have forgotten about it, here it is again.

SWTOR limitations
http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Story Content

Sprint

Crew Skills

Game Login

Bank / Cargo Hold

Credit Cap

Chat

Mail

Secure Trading

Galactic Trade Network

Respecialization

Character Creation

Operations

Warzones

Flashpoints

Space Missions

Inventory

Quick Travel

Emergency Fleet Pass

Mounts

Revive

Item Equipping

Commendations Cap

Guilds

Vendors

Experience Rate

Experience Rate: Rest XP

Valor Rate

GUI: Quickbars

Items: Event Rewards

Items: Mod Removal

Items: Augment Slots

Customer Service Support

DCUO limitations

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/free/?locale=nl

Character slots

Inventory slots

Auction slots

Bank slots

In game currency

Chat

Mail

Costumer service

Same payment model, too.

Now let's add Tera's F2P restrictions:

http://support.enmasse.com/tera/tera-rising-play-for-free

Character Slots

In Game Title

Bonus Dungeon Rewards

Daily Bonus Quests

Consumables

Brokerage Postings (Simultaneous)

10 Gold cap per message

Brokerage Register Fee (Earnest)

Brokerage Sales Fee

Store Discount on Selected items

Now, please, do explain how having more then 3 times as much restrictions (and more severe ones) then other MMOs with in the same payment model is not restrictive?
---
PSN: El_Coon