Can't believe all the restrictions.

#11Nagisa_ShinjuPosted 2/15/2013 11:19:39 AM
You should throw in Aion's model as well, which restricts nothing at all. The game went from P2P, to completely F2P. They don't even offer a sub option any more. Regardless of how anyone spins it, SWTOR's restrictions are rather over the top.
#12CaliberChampPosted 2/15/2013 2:37:16 PM
Why don't you people play gw2 instead? This game is trash. I hope you're happy to be suckers to Ea and bioware by subbing to this piss poor game.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com, War Z
#13NynjahPosted 2/15/2013 3:08:31 PM
The only restriction that bothers me is the XP gain, why make the player earn less XP. That just makes people have to do the one thing everyone hates and thats grind for XP
---
GT : Nynjah84
#14CaliberChampPosted 2/15/2013 4:06:40 PM
I knew this game was going to suck. (Not worth sub). It's a mediocre game at best. This was their first mmo, so I had a feeling they were going to screw this one up. If it was a star wars action based game with real skill like combat and f2p or b2p I would be much more interested in the game.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com, War Z
#15Perfect_flame(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:29:15 PM
Cubbiesboy22 posted...
When you compare GW2 to SWTOR you fail. First, GW2 is not a f2p game. You pay 60 bucks and then they have microtransactions. SWTOR you have to pay nothing to play the game, absolutely nothing. Now, of course SWTOR will have some restrictions on the game in order for people to either buy cartel coins or to sub because guess what, people don't make games for free. You are trying to compare two different "pay" models.

I had to pay for SWTOR when it first came out (bout the same as GW2 actually) and buying cartel coins sounds a lot like a micro transaction to me lol. Anyway micro transactions are not required thus making the game F2P anyway.
#16Perfect_flame(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:31:53 PM
Nynjah posted...
The only restriction that bothers me is the XP gain, why make the player earn less XP. That just makes people have to do the one thing everyone hates and thats grind for XP

This is what bothers me the most at the moment too (but I'm sure if I stick to it I'll find other restrictions that bother me lol) because it makes it harder to just play for the story like I would like to without a lot of grinding.