What is the best purchase for 5$ to become Preferred?

#1UndrtakerPosted 3/28/2013 11:12:43 PM
Mainly for PvE single player at the moment
---
There is only one god and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death. Not today.
#2Deaths_BladePosted 3/28/2013 11:20:39 PM
Probably just $5 worth of cartel coins. Unless you plan on playing the post-50 content then the preferred restrictions aren't that bad. If you wanted post-50 content then I'd suggest artifact authorization, but as a F2P myself I didn't find it worth the money.

I'd just pay the $5, get preferred status and worry about what to actually spend it on afterwards.

Legacy Speeder piloting 1 is a good account-wide choice, but I'm not sure of the pricetag. You can also probably get a single species unlock for the $5, or a character-specific legacy perk.
---
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it - Thomas Paine: The American Crisis IV
#3Undrtaker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 12:00:02 AM
Do I get those in-game or on the web site?
---
There is only one god and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death. Not today.
#4tryforcePosted 3/29/2013 1:29:25 AM
Deaths_Blade posted...
Probably just $5 worth of cartel coins. Unless you plan on playing the post-50 content then the preferred restrictions aren't that bad. If you wanted post-50 content then I'd suggest artifact authorization, but as a F2P myself I didn't find it worth the money.

I'd just pay the $5, get preferred status and worry about what to actually spend it on afterwards.

Legacy Speeder piloting 1 is a good account-wide choice, but I'm not sure of the pricetag. You can also probably get a single species unlock for the $5, or a character-specific legacy perk.

legacy speeder piloting 1/2/3 are character only. Your better off getting the rocket boost ability unlock for all toons (this ability is high useful). You buy it in the legacy sheet.

This is my suggestion. Level up one of your toons to level 50 as F2P (it will be faster with weekend double exp bonus). Then sub for one month only. Use the 500 coins you get for subbing for rocket boost ability. Next thing you should do is grind dailies, flashpoints, warzones for that month. Use all the credits you earn to buy the cartel unlocks that players sell on GTN. Make sure you get account wide unlocks. Also make a toon for all classes (this way you don't have to buy the racial unlocks).

If you do it right. You will have almost unlocked everything in game. You won't be able to do unlimited warzones/flashpoints/ops but you can buy the weekly passes sold on GTN.
Now subs do have some other perks but the only really important one is not having a cred cap. (hopefully you may buy the unlock in future).
#5Deaths_BladePosted 3/29/2013 2:37:17 AM
tryforce posted...
legacy speeder piloting 1/2/3 are character only. Your better off getting the rocket boost ability unlock for all toons (this ability is high useful). You buy it in the legacy sheet..

Ah OK. IF its a choice between legacy speeder for one character or rocket boost for all, I'd get rocket boost.

All these abilities are found in the in-game cartel store.
---
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it - Thomas Paine: The American Crisis IV
#6blade6321Posted 3/29/2013 3:00:11 AM
^one of the problems with rocket boost is you can only get one upgrade (get the second one -60 second better than -30) for that amount of cartel coins.

But yeah rocket boost is probably better
---
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044407572/
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#7Undrtaker(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 2:32:29 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8Hello HelloPosted 4/6/2013 4:36:27 PM
The newbie bundle is 60% off right now (which puts it at around 325 coins, I think). That comes with improved speeder I, a cheap Czerka speeder, and a bunch of EXP boosts. This is assuming you're new to the game and don't already have those things.
---
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind" -Albert Einstein
#9SSJ2__GohanPosted 4/6/2013 8:35:47 PM
I played through the whole game as F2P, and my only problem was: no artifact equipment, and no authorizations sold cheap enough (though granted, I forgot if any was sold for anything between 200.000 and 350.000, which of course matters for this suggestion). The game is perfectly doable without, but you don't want to purposely nerf yourself, do you?

So, my suggestion would be to get artifact equipment authorization. Speeder is not a problem IMO: all the planets before Tatooine are perfectly doable without, and on Tatooine you're high enough to get it for credits.