Lobby Connection Problems (PC)

#1cyberfreak660iPosted 12/22/2009 12:33:18 PM
my friend and i seem to have a problem connecting to each others lobbies. my NAT status is Open, while his is always Strict. yet when we try and join the lobby of a different friend, we both connect instantly, and never have a problem....it seems as if the NAT status has nothing to do with it, for he can join his lobby with the Strict status. does it have something to do with Steam?

does anyone know wat the problem is, and perhaps an answer to it?

thank you.
#2PiNwOrMPosted 12/22/2009 3:46:38 PM

The nat status is the problem. He may be able to connect to someone else, but that's because of different ISPs/routers/port configurations.

Me and my 3 friends deal with the same problem, one of them can't access his router and is always strict, he can't connect to my friend with fiber optic internet, but can connect to me.

So either keep doing that, or get him to fix his nat. Assuming he has access to his router, it's not hard, you just need to open the right ports.

#3cyberfreak660i(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2009 11:16:59 AM
ic...it still seems to me like the NAT status has nothing to do with it....

anyway, thank you very much for your help.
#4Orbb24Posted 12/23/2009 12:25:01 PM

ic...it still seems to me like the NAT status has nothing to do with it....

anyway, thank you very much for your help.

How can you say it isn't the NAT? NAT being strict is what causes this. Has he gotten it to be open and then test it out? Because if he has and it still didn't work then you could confirm it isn't the NAT but until you can do that I'm 99% sure it is a NAT problem.
---
Orbb. Killing topics since '07.
#5cyberfreak660i(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2009 7:58:58 AM
k, i understand....but then why can he join someone else's lobby with his NAT being strict...and not me...he can join everybody, and everybody can join him, and same with me (my NAT is open), yet the two of us can never join each other. this is wat makes me feel that the NAT is not the problem. i dont deny it, perhaps it is, was just asking if there is another potential problem, that does not permit the two of us to join each others lobbies. thank you.
#6IC94Posted 12/24/2009 8:49:29 AM
Since your talking about connections in MW2 can some1 tell me why i cant play its Multiplayer when i click on Play it says i need to be signed in to Steam in Online mode to play.I tryed a lot of things but they didnt work so please some1 try to help me.
#7cyberfreak660i(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2009 9:48:01 AM
well the basic question is, do u have a Steam account? because you need to have Steam in order to able to use the online capabilities/features of MW2.
#8IC94Posted 12/25/2009 2:30:19 AM
Well yes i do i have a steam account and the program and it running but this is no longer the prob i bypassed that now wehn i join a game affter 2-3mins i get "Steam connection failed" and i dont get it why i have all the ports forward and UpNp open and mt NAT is open and i dont get it why it dissconects me.Im not the only 1 whit this problem there are many people whit this prob but no1 has the solution.
#9cyberfreak660i(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2009 4:21:06 AM
unfortunately i dont knw the solution to this problem. as far as i'm concerned with MW2 it has a gigantic amount of problems with its multiplayer connection, to which there are no real solution at his time. all there is left, is to hope that the problems will son be fixed through an update.