How To Report Hackers To Sony

#1HkEmTruBlu31Posted 2/10/2011 12:31:49 AM
Im putting this back out there for those that have not seen it.

What to look for -

1. Clan tags with { & } at the beginning and end with symbols such as @ in between
2. With the clan tag above, if you highlight them while in the lobby by pressing right, it will say unbound where the clan tag should be
3.While in the lobby if you run through and highlight each player, some hackers will be missing their prestige symbol and rank. Replacing it will be a dull black empty box.
4. With the hack above, while in game, if you press select to view players KDR you will see the prestige and rank are also missing next to their name.

What to do in game -

1. If you just joined the lobby, press right and scan through the names quickly looking for the above clues. Leave ASAP before the game starts. Try to remember their name.
2. If youíre in a game and you know they are hacking, DO NOT BACK OUT. Turn your ps3 off or just quit the game with the PS button! This way it cant report back to the C.O.D. servers and the hack will not work. Try to remember their name.

How to report to Sony -

1. Google " PSN Complaint Form". It should be the first link.
2. You will need your email you log in with, your psn ID, and their psn ID.
3. There will be drop downs that you choose from for the type of infraction. If they had a vulgar psn ID, report that. Report them for cheating. If you did get hacked and they changed your clan name to a vulgar word or at the bottom of the screen it has a vulgar message now, report them for criminal activity.
4. Donít join a game right away, so that the last 12 people (or more) on your recently met list will be the ones from that game.
5.Send the above reporting info to all of them so they can do it too.
6. You can copy and paste via the ps3 keyboard at the bottom right.
7. If you feel like it, tell the hacker you are reporting them. Just donít do anything you can be reported for yourself.
8. If they say youíre full of it, then do the reporting from the ps3 internet browser so you can take screen shots of the reporting process and send it to them. There are two pages that will have your email address, the first and the 3rd. Donít screen shot those. On the first one you can wait to enter your email until after the screen shot.

Screen Shots while surfing the web on your ps3 -
1. Triangle>File>Save Screen Shot>Save

Harassment -
1.If they continue to send you hate mail, warn them you will also report them for harassment if they donít stop.
2. If they donít stop, report them and then block them

Lets do everything we can to stop them by playing within the rules.

F.Y.I. -

For those that think only account names get banned, this is not true. If the name is vulgar, then yes. But everything else involves the ps3 Mac address. That can not be changed.

To be certain who the host is before the game starts, have everyone in your party delete their clan tag and then save it. Now go back in to change your clan tag and choose the % symbol. Then go back to the lobby, if you have a period for a clan tag, then youíre not the host. If it stays the % symbol, youíre the host. Why is this important? Because the hackers can not hack if they are not the host. If it switches you to another lobby or right before the match starts it says ďfinding best hostĒ then you must do it again to be sure who the host is. Remember, you must not have a clan tag before you do this, erase it, save, and then choose the % symbol.
---
PSN - HkEmTruBlu
#2SxmfctPosted 2/10/2011 3:16:08 AM

1. Clan tags with { & } at the beginning and end with symbols such as @ in between
2. With the clan tag above, if you highlight them while in the lobby by pressing right, it will say unbound where the clan tag should be
3.While in the lobby if you run through and highlight each player, some hackers will be missing their prestige symbol and rank. Replacing it will be a dull black empty box.
4. With the hack above, while in game, if you press select to view players KDR you will see the prestige and rank are also missing next to their name.

So you're saying report anyone who's been affected by cheats not necessarily the cheater himself? I don't think you thought this through.
---
lol caps
#3CCDawgsPosted 2/10/2011 4:03:48 AM
I usually look for the black box. I may stay in and see if they hack unless they are in numbers. If that happens, then im gone!
---
PSN: TommyCWood
#4Krycek18Posted 2/10/2011 5:35:15 AM
Hate to break it to you, but Sony doesn't give a ****. You're wasting your time reporting the cheaters because Sony doesn't have a system in place to actually ban them. Kinda makes a person wonder why they have a reporting feature in the first place.
---
Being cool since '91
http://i56.tinypic.com/v2y7mu.jpg
#5HkEmTruBlu31(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2011 7:01:29 AM
1. I dont know where you've been, Sony has been baning people for quite sometime now. If you can figure it out, Google it and see for yourself.

2. I did think this through, and I also phoned Sony and talked to them about it. They will look into all hacking reports to be sure it is a true report. If you dont think Sony cant tell everything you have done on your ps3 while it has the internet enabled, not just signed inti the psn, youre in for a rude awakning. You "people" are the ones that need to read youre TOS and research a bit more before you come in here talking about something YOU know nothing about. As for banning proof, head over to a site called NGU and see all of the ticked off hackers who are already banned. Heck they are even looking into giving up on the hacking and starting their own "psn" with their own servers instead of letting Sony host. They are going through their lawyers to see if they can be sued for it. Why do this? Because if you read the End User Agreement on the firmware updates it states that you own all hardware for the ps3 but ALL firmware is owned by Sony and you cant touch it, so if they bypass Sony they can all played hacked games against each other. Now go find some 10 year old to scare, i do know what Im doing.
---
PSN - HkEmTruBlu
#6Krycek18Posted 2/10/2011 7:25:47 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7Krycek18Posted 2/10/2011 7:32:02 AM
ugh... I just went back and finished reading your second point (yes, I ignored most of it the first time). Booting people off of PSN is NOT the same thing as banning. They did the same thing with the PSP and people ALWAYS found ways around it. It was just a matter of patience. There is nothing wrong with their actual accounts. The reason they can't go on PSN is because their firmware is not up to date. They had a way around this and Sony finally patched it a couple days ago. Anyone with a modded PS3 can either update to official firmware and instantly regain their PSN access or wait until someone finds another workaround.

Also, here's another newsflash since you REALLY don't have a clue what you're talking about. The cheaters will be able to continue cheating even if they do update to the latest firmware. This is because they're using a modified MW2 update file. Updating their firmware does NOT remove or disable this file. Basically they are forced between choosing to stay on their hacked firmware so they can continue pirating games or updating to the latest firmware and continuing with their MW2 cheating.

Looks like you're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about. Have a nice day.
---
Being cool since '91
#8HkEmTruBlu31(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2011 9:23:45 AM
Since you cant post links to other sites on here, i'll just post the report that just came out. You need to catch up son.

In another attempt to stop hackers from accessing the PlayStation Network, Sony has put in place steps to shut down two widely-used methods in which hackers were able to play copied games on their console, online. Now, PSN will only accept consoles that are using the latest firmware (version 3.56). Hackers and pirates who use lower firmware version, which have been modified, will not be able to access PSN.

The first hacking method involved changing the DNS settings. It would redirect PSN to a web server which contained a file and this reported that the system was using the current firmware. The other method is pretty much the same as the first, but instead of a web server, hackers were using a PC to retrieve their information.

Usually, Sony employs this trick when they're close to releasing a firmware update, so this suggests that 3.57 might be released shortly. However, there is also a chance that this is now a permanent measure. Hopefully it will put an end to the vulnerability of the PS3.
---
PSN - HkEmTruBlu
#9Krycek18Posted 2/10/2011 1:32:31 PM
Are you joking? I just explained to you that there's a difference between banning and blocking access to PSN. Their accounts are not banned. All they need to do is update their firmware and they'll have access again. Updating to the newest firmware doesn't disable the MW2 cheats, which is why we're still seeing cheaters online. All this really does is force people to choose between piracy and PSN. You clearly don't know what you're talking about and you're just parroting something you heard someone else say.

Usually, Sony employs this trick when they're close to releasing a firmware update, so this suggests that 3.57 might be released shortly. However, there is also a chance that this is now a permanent measure. Hopefully it will put an end to the vulnerability of the PS3.

No, Sony always does this a week or two after a new update. Why they don't do it immediately is beyond me.
---
Being cool since '91
#10Krycek18Posted 2/10/2011 10:55:42 PM
I'll take your silence as an admission that you were wrong and reporting people is completely useless.
---
Being cool since '91