Survival Mode. How to make it work in COD: MW2?

#1paulokoenigkamPosted 8/31/2009 3:36:20 AM

I'm loving this, a bunch of great games are having fun survival modes.

But while many people do want zombies in Modern Warfare 2 (I also think it would be fun), maybe IW should take a step in another direction. Sure spec ops seems fun, but what about this idea?

Who remembers the last part of the One Shot, One Kill and the ending of Game Over? Those 2 parts are perfect "pieces" for a survival mode, specially because they already work in a survival idea.

One Shot, One Kill final part has you and MacMillan hiding and fighting against countless soldiers until your helicopter arrives, and that's a lot like the bridge part on Game Over, where you're also fighting and waiting for the helicopters

So how well could it work? Several different survival missions with this feeling? It would always work like that, waiting for a vehicle to arrive, that would never do so, and you and your friends would have to fight that endless army, while you score with a system like the Arcade mode, or competitive co-op in WaW. Each enemy you kill gives you points, the way you kill them, where you hit them gives different points, killing sprees, and so on.

Now the thing would be, after a certain number of enemies, the game raises it's difficulty level, the harder it is, the more points you get.

Before starting it, you'd be able to choose your loadout. However the kill streak rewards in this mode, would be perks. When you get the kill streak screen, it would tell you to press a direction on the d-pad, then after that it would show a menu with 4 perks to choose, one on each direction of the d-pad, press on the desired one, and you'll have it.

And in one of these 4 directions, would never be a perk, but a "max ammo" option. Like for example, up-sleight of hand, left-double tap, right-juggernaut, down-max ammo. If you chose to take a perk, than a new one would replace it's place on the d-pad icon in the next streak, but you wouldn't lose the one you currently had. Let's say I chose double tap, in it's place would appear stopping power or deep impact or extreme conditioning... you got it.

Or if they really wanna take it to the next level, make a survival mission like Heat. But without the air support. You'd have to go around that huge stage, fighting that insane ammount of enemies, getting from one LZ to another, which of course, would change all the time for the sake of the never-ending-until-you-die survival mode spirit.

So... ?/10 ?

#2Dark_MischiefPosted 8/31/2009 3:38:47 AM
tl;dr
Try harder nex time to catch my attention. Maybe something about a giant monkey appearing in front of ur house one day while playing cod. Of course i know thats too much to ask for
---
"If ur gonna play the gameboy, ya better learn how to play it right."-Kenny Rogers "thats right MW2 i going to be 5 starts"-d0ubl3sh0t
#3The_AdicianPosted 8/31/2009 3:39:34 AM
Well thought out and written, I could see it working. Good job.
---
Idiots are great at arguing because they aren't held back by petty things like,logic,morals,or self respect.
GT: I Sain I
#4Gamer_Dude12345Posted 8/31/2009 3:42:09 AM
But just killing the same type of normal guys get's boring.
---
Gamertag: DeathDealerRIP
#5The_AdicianPosted 8/31/2009 3:43:14 AM

In before anyone suggesting "special infected".
---
Idiots are great at arguing because they aren't held back by petty things like,logic,morals,or self respect.
#6paulokoenigkam(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2009 3:46:44 AM

The_Adician posted...

In before anyone suggesting "special infected".
---

Make it so after a while, when you shoot an enemy... a cross would appear, so you'd think the enemies were 10x harder, cheaper, cheating noobs?

#7Dark_MischiefPosted 8/31/2009 3:48:27 AM
^Or just put in a boss terrorist every couple of rounds... really what they shouldve done with the later zombie maps :O
---
"If ur gonna play the gameboy, ya better learn how to play it right."-Kenny Rogers "thats right MW2 i going to be 5 starts"-d0ubl3sh0t