Juggernaut armor in real life? Would it be effective?

#1NeoGeoXSegaPosted 12/4/2009 1:18:13 PM
Just thinking if it would be applicable for soldiers to wear Juggernaut type armor like in this game in real combat?
Armor that is 3 times more layered than regular issued body armor.

Would something like that stop sniper rounds, would it be effective in a battlefield?

---
"Both Hulk and Yoda are green too. Coincidence? I don't think so" -SElFER-ALMASY
#2VulcansEyePosted 12/4/2009 1:18:31 PM
No. It would be too cumbersome.
---
Jehoshaphat!
#3lestat112233Posted 12/4/2009 1:19:01 PM
wuts it look like? i haven't done the specops yet/
---
Malo tuam matrem.
#4h3IIfir3pho3nixPosted 12/4/2009 1:29:23 PM
It's a bombsquad suit. It wouldn't be practical in real life, because those suits don't stop anti-tank rockets, which most forces carry. Just a bigger target.
---
"Wow the mORAL tone of this topic is really against ambiSEXuality and IS not superGOOD" -NotQuiteAKing
#5YombieePosted 12/4/2009 1:40:15 PM
one person using the suit in a small squad could definately wreck havok.
Bomb squad armor aside, bulletproof masks and the like would be great for the person who's using the lmg for surpressive fire.
In addition to this, that new body suit that lets you carry huge amounts of weight (in real life) would make it not so cumbersome. You could also probably weild larger guns with ease. Weilding a large caliber mounted turret on the exoskeleton wouldn't be to far out there. (halo3)

Exo skeleton
http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/05/ap_roboticsuit_051508/
#6Denter117Posted 12/4/2009 1:40:53 PM
no
#7royicPosted 12/4/2009 1:41:46 PM

It's a bombsquad suit. It wouldn't be practical in real life, because those suits don't stop anti-tank rockets, which most forces carry. Just a bigger target.
---
"Wow the mORAL tone of this topic is really against ambiSEXuality and IS not superGOOD" -NotQuiteAKing

Anti-tank rockets aren't really that accurate, and it would especially hard to hit a small target like a guy in a suit with it dead on.
---
Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine.
The gun in my mouth was real, and the taste blew my mind.
#8nordendorfPosted 12/4/2009 1:42:19 PM
not like the military would pay to fit every soldier with better armor anyway ~
#9choco_barPosted 12/4/2009 1:43:23 PM
Body armour works but its HEAVY. Going over long range on foot would be almost impossible.
---
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=A012A170359C6A54 my pokemon blue play through.
L/Cpl how good am I?
#10undeademsPosted 12/4/2009 1:43:47 PM
Technically they have body armor that's like that look up dragon skin on google or youtube. The bullet tests done on it are insane and it never gets penetrated. Secondly there was a bank robbery a while back in L.A where the guys had full body armor from head to toe so technically it's possible but would they use the second part in the armor no. The dragon Skin they wont use in the military for some gay reasoning so ya