0/0 Total players online

#1SkulloNinjaPosted 2/16/2010 5:41:02 AM
So I understand that XBL was down earlier but now when I play MW2 and go to the match list it says "0/0 total players online" even though a lot of people on my friends list are playing MW2 and I can join their game with no problem. But when I do want to search for games it takes about 10 minutes to find a game. It's the same with COD4 but I'm able to see how many players online but it also takes a long time to find a game. But the worst is Left 4 Dead 2, I'm totally unable to find a game. Any.

Multiplayer games that I played with no problem are Street Fighter 4, Halo 3, and Fight Night Round 4. They were all fine and I was able to get a lot of games very quickly.

Anyone else experience this?

---
XBL/PSN: SkulloNinja
Keep your friends close, and your consoles closer!
#2TorkzorPosted 2/16/2010 5:49:07 AM
Nope. Nobody is playing at all anywhere, even yourself.

---
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." - Paper
GT: Torkzor
#3goolyboolyPosted 2/16/2010 5:49:50 AM
I had problems with CoD yesterday, so what I did was:

Went onto the XBL Marketplace.

Went into the Demos section

Selected "Battlefield Bad Company 2 Demo"

Selected "Download now"

Waited for the download to complete.

Played that instead of CoD.
---
GT: goolybooly
Not changing signature until Dying_Atheist changes his. Started 2/10/2009
#4SkulloNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2010 6:07:49 AM
Nope. Nobody is playing at all anywhere, even yourself.

Wow kid you're so clever. Feel happier now that you've posted that? Yay.

I had problems with CoD yesterday, so what I did was:

Went onto the XBL Marketplace.

Went into the Demos section

Selected "Battlefield Bad Company 2 Demo"

Selected "Download now"

Waited for the download to complete.

Played that instead of CoD.

At least you're more helpful than the last guy. But I've already played it, I've already played through Bayonetta, Mass Effect 2 , Left 4 Dead 2, and Batman Arkham Asylum and I would like to just play MW2 since I haven't played it in a long time.

So please is anyone else experiencing this where it says 0/0? (But obviously there ARE players online and we have Mr. Torkz clever observation to thank for this).
---
#5TorkzorPosted 2/16/2010 6:09:16 AM
"Wow kid you're so clever. Feel happier now that you've posted that? Yay. "

Kind of.

---
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." - Paper
GT: Torkzor
#67Mitchell7Posted 2/16/2010 6:59:20 AM
does it for me too, you happy now knowing its not just you?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag - Black Dove War
Games - Cod:waw, halo 3, gears of war 2, Soul calibur 4 Xbox 360 user since August 1
#7knightimexPosted 2/16/2010 7:01:08 AM
Microsoft closed down the Xbox generation 1 servers forever and as a result Xbox live had to be shut down for a little while.

R.I.P Xbox live G1
---
RAMIREZ! Don't touch that knife, even if it cuts your finger you will die!!
#8MHsoccer21Posted 2/16/2010 7:01:32 AM
It says the same thing for me, but I can find a game just as fast as I could before.
---
GT - mhsoccer21 - Always up for some MW2 or cod4
Playing: MW2, Cod4, Fallout 3, BC2 Demo
#9oisin111Posted 2/16/2010 7:01:36 AM
Same here, last night the only way I could get a game was by joining a friends game.
---
"I only drink on two occasions, when I'm thirsty and when I'm not."-Brendan Behan
#10SkulloNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2010 8:50:52 AM
"does it for me too, you happy now knowing its not just you?"

Yes "kind of" :) I've searched all threads here and on the main Xbox 360 forum and didn't find anything similar to my situation and people have posted threads MW2 is back up again. But mine still wasn't working right so I posted this thread so other people know that it's not just them. i.e yourself and the other people on this thread.

It's just annoying how some people have to stumble upon this thread like there wasn't enough of those Ramirez threads or those "50 000 chickens/soaps/ghosts used to live here" threads. I also like teh funny stuff and all that but there's other threads for that and this was a WTF moment for me. And with SSF4 around the corner... *phew* I panicked a bit. But I am relieved now. Back to SF4!
---