The Campaign is repetitive as ****. I can't believe how bad it is.

#1Linkxx3Posted 4/3/2010 5:17:54 PM
First off, I have never cared or intended to play this game. My brother bought it a few months ago, but I've never bothered to play it until last night after going back to the older CoD games (CoD2, 3, MW, WaW). I'm not much of a MP person (although I did play the hell out of MW back in 2007-2008), so I decided to play each game's Campaign modes from start to finish.

I've enjoyed pretty much all of the CoD games. In terms of the Campaign modes, I would rank them as...

1) WaW (Visceral and fun. The most satisfying Campaign, IMO.)
2) CoD2 (Intense. Great action all the way through)
3) MW (Epic Campaign. Very cinematic, and I liked the plot)
4) CoD 3 (Did not like this one very much. It was definately a step down from CoD2)

You see, I like this series. I think the games are very well-made and offer an exciting single-player experience, but MW2 has got to be one of the most disappointing sequels in recent memory (RE5 comes close).

I don't care about MP and won't play it anytime soon, but the Campaign is one of the most repetitive and tiresome experiences I've ever had to endure.

Do people really think this offered a good single-player mode? The game looks and feels EXACTLY like CoD4. Is that such a bad thing, though? Considering CoD4 was already an awesome game? Yes. It feels like a terrible expansion pack, more than anything.

I mean, ****ing Treyarch managed to get their **** together and deliver an excellent Campaign (WaW) in comparison to CoD3. They learned from their mistakes. Infinity Ward gave us something something new and exciting in Modern Warfare, which had one of the greatest FPS Campaigns I've ever played, but what went wrong with MW2?

It really is that bad. The plot didn't make as much sense as the first, the dialogue is crap (Oscar Mike x100. WTF?), the set pieces and scripted scenes are rehashed from the original MW. There's just no feeling of suspense or any epic moments in this game. How many times must I see my guy in some lame scripted sequence where he gets saved by Soap? It's boring and repetitive.

By far the worst part of the Campaign are the missions themselves. Almost all of them are linear and ask you to go from point A to point B, fighting ENDLESS (AND I MEAN ****ING ENDLESS) waves of enemies along the way. There's no feeling of reward at all. It honestly makes me sick. IW have got to be stoned off their ***** when they said they removed the respawning enemies in the Campaign. Every damn level has enemies coming at you from all directions, and they never seem to go away.

I mean, goddamn. Give me a break. Let me do something else. Keep it fresh, for gods sake. I don't want to fight hundreds of guys in every stage. My arms are sore and it's too ****ing repetitive to handle.

This is the worst part of the game. It's just you shooting a bunch of guys over and over again, with not much else going on.

Seriously, they screwed this game up...

Too late to ask, but what did you guys think of the Campaign?
---
~*{M}ellon{C}ollie{A}nd{T}he{I}nfinite{S}adness*~
2nd in command of the Shamans Sexies
#2360dude140Posted 4/3/2010 5:19:11 PM
I like repetition.
---
<3 BAAAAAAAAAAAABABANIIICHIWAWAAAAAA SUCHOOOOO WENYAAAAWAAAAH!
*cue epic sunset and silhouetted figure walking over the horizon*
#3kamakunPosted 4/3/2010 5:20:09 PM
By far the worst part of the Campaign are the missions themselves. Almost all of them are linear and ask you to go from point A to point B, fighting ENDLESS (AND I MEAN ****ING ENDLESS) waves of enemies along the way. There's no feeling of reward at all. It honestly makes me sick. IW have got to be stoned off their ***** when they said they removed the respawning enemies in the Campaign. Every damn level has enemies coming at you from all directions, and they never seem to go away.

I thought you were talking about MW2's campaign, not WaW's.
#4S0mEGuY12Posted 4/3/2010 5:21:25 PM

Im guessing WaW was the most satisfying for you since it had gore right? Yeah me too. Otherwise, the campaign itself was okay at best. CoD is the best IMO, CoD2 was awesome, CoD3 sucked, and both MWs are awesome. Don't see how you would find this one bad.

#5Linkxx3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2010 5:21:44 PM
I know respawning enemies was a problem in MW and WaW, but it's way more ridiculous in MW2.

I mean, honestly...it kills the game, IMO.
---
~*{M}ellon{C}ollie{A}nd{T}he{I}nfinite{S}adness*~
2nd in command of the Shamans Sexies
#6staind2523Posted 4/3/2010 5:22:22 PM
Meh, this is mainly a multiplayer game anyways. Honestly, if they made a COD game with NO campaign, only multiplayer, I'd be fine with that.
---
My Tech FAQ for your common PC questions: http://www.freewebs.com/staind2523/Tech%20FAQ.html
http://www.last.fm/user/staind25
#7Dr_Salt_360Posted 4/3/2010 5:22:50 PM
inb4trollzzzzzzzreprtioititionxboxlearn2play
#8kamakunPosted 4/3/2010 5:23:15 PM
WaW's campaign had a great feel to it, but I really didn't like it because live grenades spawned on you.
#9staind2523Posted 4/3/2010 5:23:23 PM
I know respawning enemies was a problem in MW and WaW, but it's way more ridiculous in MW2.

I mean, honestly...it kills the game, IMO.

Wait...I thought one of the changes to the campaign in MW2 is that enemies don't respawn. I'm pretty sure that, unlike COD4 and WaW, there's a finite number of enemies.
---
My Tech FAQ for your common PC questions: http://www.freewebs.com/staind2523/Tech%20FAQ.html
http://www.last.fm/user/staind25
#10tehcooliestPosted 4/3/2010 5:24:34 PM
WaW had the best campaign? Did you play that on Veteran? It was like grenades were just raining out of the sky every single square inch of the mission
---
im a freak of nature but you love me so.
GT- The Ramrod Car