L.D's [Final Solution] to the [Reishiki Localization Vermilion Scare]

#31LucasDraleau(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 8:32:31 PM
jeof96 posted...
I wonder if the game wasn't localized, and we made a great patch. Would you give the patch to other players instantly and easily? Because are efforts are there, they should give something good in return. Even a "Thank You" is enough for me. And yeah, "if we made a translation patch." And Kenff6, remember those people.

We're doing this for the benefit of others and so we know what the heck we're playing. All I care about is that people know who made the patch. We're not going to finish a patch and not distribute it. We would be considered worse than TruthKey.
#32crunchy612Posted 5/2/2012 8:49:51 PM
May i help at the grammar thing?
---
"I prefer 'Infiltrate them and sabotage from inside'." - Nykza
"It's like trading my Longsword for Flashbombs." -Ecc
#33jeof96Posted 5/2/2012 8:55:09 PM
LucasDraleau posted...
jeof96 posted...
I wonder if the game wasn't localized, and we made a great patch. Would you give the patch to other players instantly and easily? Because are efforts are there, they should give something good in return. Even a "Thank You" is enough for me. And yeah, "if we made a translation patch." And Kenff6, remember those people.

We're doing this for the benefit of others and so we know what the heck we're playing. All I care about is that people know who made the patch. We're not going to finish a patch and not distribute it. We would be considered worse than TruthKey.

Okay. Thanks.
---
Even though I can't Master it.
I can at LEAST do it.
#34jeof96Posted 5/2/2012 8:55:55 PM
Oh Crunchy! Anyone can of course. Talk to Lucas 1st.
---
Even though I can't Master it.
I can at LEAST do it.
#35Julius_FFtype0Posted 5/2/2012 9:31:09 PM
I support this project and hopefully its all good translation ...

and yeah at least I have a UMD and pirate version =)

and a little advice from me, before you relase or whatever it's called, should you, give examples of its first screnshot or maybe a video to be viewed if it is good or not ...

and the last word, I'm sure Type-0 is not there will be localization of 9999.99% =)
---
It was their destiny, and theirs alone to decide. Free from fear of fate, gazing undaunted into the eye of death.
-Machina and Rem. FF Type-0 (Reishiki)
#36AnimesetsunaPosted 5/2/2012 9:45:37 PM
SentinelBurrito posted...
Can we not say "Fainaru Fantaji" though? That does not instill any sense of confidence in your ability to successfully localize this product. It also makes you sound like a Weeaboo.

UpDownSMACK posted...
So second'd.
So Burrito and Smack, what seem to be a problem then? Please speak up.

Oh, and Lucas, you just do what you need to do. Don't mind them.
---
I am "The God of Conquest"
Currently Playing: Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City "PS3"
#37hyro56Posted 5/2/2012 10:21:53 PM
If Magius needs help I can assist with screenshots as well.
---
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.
#38piisu_no_sainPosted 5/2/2012 10:44:13 PM
i'm willing to help too! :DDDD
#39SentinelBurritoPosted 5/2/2012 10:54:23 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
Can we not say "Fainaru Fantaji" though? That does not instill any sense of confidence in your ability to successfully localize this product. It also makes you sound like a Weeaboo.

Well that was a stupid thing to say. You are implying we wouldn't use Final Fantasy in the translation. Come the **** on man.

Whoa whoa whoa. Let's not take this out of hand! All I mean is that it sounds weeaboo, that's all. I'm sorry to have offended so many people. I don't honestly think the translation will be bad, I was just joking about how sometimes you watch those subs and the people translate "Alice" as like, "Arisu" you know?

LucasDraleau posted...

First, I was alluding to the fact that it's a japanese game and technically not in English, hence the REISHIKI part in the THREAD title. Also, if anyone else has a problem with me alluding to this fact, let me know.

Secondly, I would like to mention that in THREE weeks I personally have translated around 60 to 70 of the CC videos (maybe not 1000000% perfect but well enough), 30 of the character files, 20 of the Knowledge of the Academy files, etc., so I think I am confident enough to translate this, along with the help of FlowerGirl, who has translated quite a lot, and Envodeferym, who's busy with other matters at the moment.

Thirdly, if you feel that I am incompetent to lead this translation effort, I can stop posting the translations and just PM them to Magius, FlowerGirl, and Envodeferym. I already took off the ones from the Spreadsheet so that I could polish them, but I can permanently remove them and the CC-HS-ToC from the Edit Spreadsheet and go through and remove all of my translations from the threads.

It's up to you guys, Burrito and Smack. Any other concerns?

Whoa dude, I think we have a misunderstanding going here. I was just making a joke, that's all. Go ahead and do your thing, man. I have no real complaints at all. I think what you are doing is cool and that you are a cool dude.
---
Main Villain of This Board
*Actually thinks Lightning and Shadow the Hedgehog are cool characters.*
#40SentinelBurritoPosted 5/2/2012 10:56:49 PM
Animesetsuna posted...

UpDownSMACK posted...
So second'd.
So Burrito and Smack, what seem to be a problem then? Please speak up.

Oh, and Lucas, you just do what you need to do. Don't mind them.

No problem. No problem at all. Totally just joking. So sorry to have upset people. Like, seriously. If I'da known it'd be taken this seriously, I wouldn't've made it. Sorry. Please don't be mad.
---
Main Villain of This Board
*Actually thinks Lightning and Shadow the Hedgehog are cool characters.*