"Final Fantasy Type-0 Localization Problem You Might Not Know About"

#21TaticalWarriorPosted 10/1/2012 5:40:03 PM
They can always use a different theme.

And BoC shouldn't have any rights over the song, since SE hired them for it. It is exactly the same reason why Nomura's artworks are copyrighted to SE, not himself. All works developed for a employer are copyrighted on the employer's name.

Besides, a music work extends itself only for the original version, not remixes and instrumental sounds where they don't even participate.

The fact that ToA got a instrumental version is much more likely to the reason old games got ride of VAs: because they don't though it was viable to get someone else to do it. And BoC is popular, then replacing by a less popular band could cause rage among fans.

The main cause must be due to the PSP situation on the west. Just like how they stated that Dissidia was dowloaded 5 million times, they noticed how the localization wasn't fully profitable, and Type-0 already sold enough in Japan for a profit.

We can only hope now.
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
#22ballaeverydayPosted 10/1/2012 6:34:41 PM
TaticalWarrior posted...
They can always use a different theme.

And BoC shouldn't have any rights over the song, since SE hired them for it. It is exactly the same reason why Nomura's artworks are copyrighted to SE, not himself. All works developed for a employer are copyrighted on the employer's name.

Besides, a music work extends itself only for the original version, not remixes and instrumental sounds where they don't even participate.

The fact that ToA got a instrumental version is much more likely to the reason old games got ride of VAs: because they don't though it was viable to get someone else to do it. And BoC is popular, then replacing by a less popular band could cause rage among fans.

The main cause must be due to the PSP situation on the west. Just like how they stated that Dissidia was dowloaded 5 million times, they noticed how the localization wasn't fully profitable, and Type-0 already sold enough in Japan for a profit.

We can only hope now.

DAMN 5 million TIMES!!? i bought dissidia ,crisis core etc geez if we don't get type-0 thats are fault lol thats news to me

I wish the psp was like the ps2 , i remember any game that was good/even bad that was released in Japan was release in the US we got every great game on the ps2 no questions asked now companies struggle
The high quality in games for ps3,360,wii require alot of resources for the gaming companies of course nintendo being the least demanding on quality
I just miss that when a game was release in japan during the time of the ps2 it was released like the next month
#23MagiusNecrosPosted 10/1/2012 6:39:29 PM
Type 0 for 3DS. Believe.

Takes care of the piracy problem.
---
I GILGAMESH FAN KING WILL CONQUER THE VERSUS BOARD! HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Official GILGAMESH/BARBATOS/MAGNUS of every Gamefaqs Board
#24ballaeverydayPosted 10/1/2012 6:47:51 PM
They need to copy Konami they really do.....I use to treat square enix above all others like the freaking disney of all games but if you look at them compared to how Konami handles there business especially with the metal gear series square should take some notes...i mean Hideo has been all over the place giving details to his latest games working on several big projects...Metal gear rising....Zone enders......metal gear solid ground zero these are huge titles but he progresses smoothly with them and mind you metal gear games are just as well known as final fantasy games
#25SieKensouPosted 10/2/2012 12:03:31 AM
ppl don't realize how closely tied this song is with the game... it's a summary of every person and plot-points of the game and was composed so cleverly to cause a heavy emotional impact whenever played..

it's not that easy to make a song like this after the game has been out...

i believe the song was made in parallel to the creation of the game. tweaking as it needed until the final product.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#26fallenswordsPosted 10/3/2012 5:01:14 AM
TheExiled280 posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
Sounds like BS to me.

---
A Mod/Admin replied on 8/28/2011 10:09:48 AM: http://bit.ly/jJ2ZNS
Katawa Shoujo changed my life. http://katawa-shoujo.com/
#27bybyrPosted 10/7/2012 8:58:57 AM
um... the reason is actually made sense. but eh, I've been disappointed with most of SE games except tactics ogre anyway, so missing FF 0 means nothing to me.
#28Emerald_MeliosPosted 10/7/2012 12:27:29 PM
ThatOneGuySteve posted...
Pretty sure S-E knows the PSP is a dying system in the US(compared to Japan), and are either waiting for an iOS release, or an HD console release.

Their best bet is porting it to the Wii U, since Sony is on the verge of bankruptcy (and Japan knows Xbox is substandard).
#29hotgamerPosted 10/8/2012 8:03:41 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
ThatOneGuySteve posted...
Pretty sure S-E knows the PSP is a dying system in the US(compared to Japan), and are either waiting for an iOS release, or an HD console release.

Their best bet is porting it to the Wii U, since Sony is on the verge of bankruptcy (and Japan knows Xbox is substandard).

Sony is not going anywhere soon.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#30jurfi1Posted 10/8/2012 9:01:35 PM
ballaeveryday posted...
Lol thats the smallest reason for them not to localize the game ....that's a petty reason square enix isn't that silly ....right?

Silly? No......well maybe......disappointing? Hell yes.
---
Im a Royal pain in the Ludroth!
Monster Hunter Tri: BaByEaTR