Don't give up hope for a translation patch

#1Wiegraf2Posted 11/22/2012 6:31:12 AM
I remember back whenever I frequented FFHacktics and a "slowdown fix" patch was supposedly "impossible." Someone will figure out how to get through the encryption so that we can play this game in English (assuming you own it first of course)
#2LEDAHGRIMPosted 11/22/2012 10:32:43 AM
Practically impossible, The rest of the files that need to be patched are heavily encrypted inside one file. And inside this file there are other files with different encryption that's just as heavy as the first and so on...

So if you want a patch you need to decrypt them all one by one by figuring each archives different encryption keys...

Why do you think truth key gave up on the translation and translated ony some menu parts? Because the rest were completely locked out....

It's possible if you want to ask me, But it would take a hacking genius to break all the different encryption soo yeah... This would sooner be localized than have it's encryption broken...
#3PhaildPosted 11/22/2012 12:01:53 PM(edited)
Wiegraf2 posted...
I remember back whenever I frequented FFHacktics and a "slowdown fix" patch was supposedly "impossible." Someone will figure out how to get through the encryption so that we can play this game in English (assuming you own it first of course)

There is no "someone".
---
Days left in Service: 0 / That's that
World Gone Wrong. Make It Right: 2013 / 2 / 19
#4AnonUnknownPosted 11/22/2012 12:56:57 PM
^ so damn true.
---
PSN ID: Lance_87
Now playing: NFS Hot Pursuit (finishing Racer career) and NFS Most Wanted (only Multiplayer)
#5ff12detactionPosted 11/22/2012 3:41:15 PM
The translation team is too lazy and pretentious to deal with encryption. They'd rather sit around this board and make inflammatory comments than do any actual work.
#6PhaildPosted 11/22/2012 3:54:14 PM
ff12detaction posted...
I am too lazy and pretentious to deal with encryption. I'd rather sit around this board and make inflammatory comments than do any actual work.

---
Days left in Service: 0 / That's that
World Gone Wrong. Make It Right: 2013 / 2 / 19
#7MagiusNecrosPosted 11/22/2012 3:56:03 PM
Phaild posted...
ff12detaction posted...
I am too lazy and pretentious to deal with encryption. I'd rather sit around this board and make inflammatory comments than do any actual work.

+1
---
I GILGAMESH FAN KING WILL CONQUER THE VERSUS BOARD! HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Official GILGAMESH/BARBATOS/MAGNUS of every Gamefaqs Board
#8fallenswordsPosted 11/22/2012 8:11:23 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
Phaild posted...
ff12detaction posted...

+1

+2
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 8/28/2011 10:09:48 AM: http://bit.ly/jJ2ZNS
Katawa Shoujo changed my life. http://katawa-shoujo.com/
#9SentinelBurritoPosted 11/22/2012 8:48:12 PM
LEDAHGRIM posted...
Practically impossible, The rest of the files that need to be patched are heavily encrypted inside one file. And inside this file there are other files with different encryption that's just as heavy as the first and so on...

So if you want a patch you need to decrypt them all one by one by figuring each archives different encryption keys...

Why do you think truth key gave up on the translation and translated ony some menu parts? Because the rest were completely locked out....

It's possible if you want to ask me, But it would take a hacking genius to break all the different encryption soo yeah... This would sooner be localized than have it's encryption broken...

Question: If it's practically impossible, how is there already a full Chinese translation?
---
Main Villain of This Board
*Actually thinks Lightning and Shadow the Hedgehog are cool characters.*
#10fallenswordsPosted 11/22/2012 8:50:05 PM
SentinelBurrito posted...
LEDAHGRIM posted...

Question: If it's practically impossible, how is there already a full Chinese translation?

source?
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 8/28/2011 10:09:48 AM: http://bit.ly/jJ2ZNS
Katawa Shoujo changed my life. http://katawa-shoujo.com/