English fan translation/patch possible at last.

#21SkyBladeCloudPosted 12/31/2012 11:33:23 AM
Yes, in fact all images format have already been hacked (took about half an hour), they can be extracted, edited and inserted.

Now, as I said in GBATemp, there is a total lack of interest in translating the game by the fanbase. That's why I haven't coded an entire set of tools to make the process easy for any translator: so I won't waste my time. That's why I said, that once a translator group gathers, they can count with me (and so far only 2 japanese speakers are interested, not enough for a project this big).

About the romhacking, it is over 90% researched, I even found quite a lot of text files (probably them all) and the only thing to do would be creating tools to extract and reinsert everything, but as I said, that deppends on the fan base.

Alternatively everyone can keep signing petitions, doing facebook actions, twitter spamming or whatever... IMHO this is all a waste of time... by now, the game could have been easily translated (and in fact, it was translated in 3 months to Chinese). In the end, Square Enix will do what they consider the best for their economy regardless of all fan actions (which is understandable and logic).

~Sky
#22Cageblade(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 12:10:09 PM
That's nice I thought the game would've had insane amount of "images" to translate.

I also unfortunately agree that "western" translators are mostly drama queens and are completely unorganized.

I wouldn't count on Square Enix to bring this over on any platform, jugding by their new "mobage craze" policy and overall misunderstanding of the fanbase.

But hey, let's enjoy Lightning Returns Even Though No One Wanted Her To : Final Fantasy.
---
Browser:Error 404
#23batmanfan545Posted 12/31/2012 12:20:20 PM
Does this mean that Lucas' translation is kind of a waste of time? If he enjoys it it's all good I guess, but why not actually make a patch?
#24MagiusNecrosPosted 12/31/2012 2:18:09 PM(edited)
batmanfan545 posted...
Does this mean that Lucas' translation is kind of a waste of time? If he enjoys it it's all good I guess, but why not actually make a patch?

It's not a waste of time, I think with things being able to be extracted would make things a lot easier then simply translating everything from scratch. Of Lucas's old team, I think only Hakurou is really active.

If I could be given a text dump I could try and make sense of it through google translate slowly or otherwise hand it to Hakurou.

I'd love to actually help translate but I don't know the JP language and as it stands I would not be able to learn the language anytime soon. I know only a few words and name's. Mostly in only romaji as opposed to actual symbols.

AS for the fanbase caring, only a select few really care as handheld titles are often overshadowed by console releases. Basically while Type 0 does have it's fans, very few are of western origin, as most either care about XIII series or Versus.
---
Support Operation Suzaku: http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Localize_Final_Fantasy_Type0_for_the_West/
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#25rumbalumbaPosted 12/31/2012 6:33:06 PM
batmanfan545 posted...

it means your other alt accounts like gangster4lifeyo, ff12detaction, and snatchsnoopie won't be appearing any time soon.
---
Everyone should play Ni No Kuni.
#26ff12detactionPosted 12/31/2012 7:26:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#27batmanfan545Posted 12/31/2012 7:30:52 PM
rumbalumba posted...
batmanfan545 posted...

it means your other alt accounts like gangster4lifeyo, ff12detaction, and snatchsnoopie won't be appearing any time soon.

Ok then......

I really don't want any part of some internet war about alternate accounts and trolls. If you're talking about me and other people bashing the translation team I realized I was being mean and apologized. I think it's easy to be critical over the internet and that's not fair.
#28batmanfan545Posted 12/31/2012 7:34:20 PM
Actually, if one of you guys could apologize to Lucas for me as well that would be great. He wasn't even on these boards much and got lumped into the bashing.

It would be cool though if he and other people did attempt to make a translation patch. I don't know any Japanese so I can't really help.
#29MagiusNecrosPosted 12/31/2012 7:49:01 PM
batmanfan545 posted...
Actually, if one of you guys could apologize to Lucas for me as well that would be great. He wasn't even on these boards much and got lumped into the bashing.

It would be cool though if he and other people did attempt to make a translation patch. I don't know any Japanese so I can't really help.

He's quite "busy" with other things as of late.
---
Support Operation Suzaku: http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Localize_Final_Fantasy_Type0_for_the_West/
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#30rumbalumbaPosted 12/31/2012 7:58:07 PM
batmanfan545 posted...
rumbalumba posted...
batmanfan545 posted...

Ok then......

I really don't want any part of some internet war about alternate accounts and trolls. If you're talking about me and other people bashing the translation team I realized I was being mean and apologized. I think it's easy to be critical over the internet and that's not fair.

LMAO.

your 4 accounts have played the same games, hate the same games, had trouble with the same games, when 1 account is being beaten in a thread the other 3 come running to rescue it, hell those 4 accounts are created days apart.

talk about being found out. i was actually surprised the peeps here took a lot of your own individual bashing and they actually thought there were legit 4 people bashing this game when in reality it's just one person alternating between accounts, supporting the argument of the other, and making it seem like there's more than 1 person. you really thought you could keep this up? too bad you thought you could get away with the same thing on the Ni No Kuni boards.

go on, who's the next one to reply? snatchsnoopie? gangster4lifeyo? or are you in the process of making a new alt account? save the embarrassment. your usernames are all over google and they're basically saying the same things. it's as if they're the same person. oh wait...they are. pwahahahahahaha. pathetic, indeed.
---
Everyone should play Ni No Kuni.