First time on the world map and....PWNED!?

#1Icefang526Posted 4/19/2013 1:35:26 PM
Ok, so I just started this game recently, and exited out onto the world map for the first time. On the way to my objective, I decided to do a bit of training. Most of the encounters were easy, but after a series of consecutive battles, I suddenly found myself against vicious little snakes that did over 600 HP of damage each time they hit me?? None of my characters have anywhere near that much HP at this point in the game, but am I really supposed to be encountering enemies this strong so early on?

Also, if I get in a battle I simply can't win, is there any way for me to flee/exit a battle once it's been initiated, without losing all of my characters and getting a gameover?
#2KukirisamaPosted 4/19/2013 9:49:02 PM
they will keep getting stronger if you chain them, they keep increasing in lv every turn, choose the second option to stop the chain. also, there is no flee/run if you want end a battle w/o game over die with the characters out already and don't switch just wait like that until the battle ends.
#3Zangetsu223Posted 4/23/2013 9:44:54 PM
Kukirisama posted...
they will keep getting stronger if you chain them, they keep increasing in lv every turn, choose the second option to stop the chain. also, there is no flee/run if you want end a battle w/o game over die with the characters out already and don't switch just wait like that until the battle ends.

Actually , You can run from the battle by standing far away from the enemies for 10 second