Well the ending pretty much SPOILERS

#1hakanakumonoPosted 12/29/2010 1:03:06 AM

I warned you. There are spoilers.

Ruined everything. From what I was able to grasp from understanding the Japanese and the trailer, the game is based off of complete nonsense. Aya's soul broke and that's the twisted? My god, this is Kingdom Hearts. Up until the ending I didn't think it was very much like Parasite Eve, but as long as the story turned out okay I would be able to at least accept it as a game on its own. But the ending pretty much ruined that. So much for hints at things being related to "DNA." Square officially ruined Parasite Eve.

The game is okay. There are a lot of fun scenes and Eve as Aya isn't a terrible idea. But everything else about the ending was and makes no sense. I'm so mad. Definitely not buying the game new when it comes out in English, if at all.

#2hakanakumono(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2010 1:04:24 AM

The worst part is if they make a sequel to this game, we know it will be based on utter nonsense.

Square really can't write a good story anymore. :( Fire Toriyama please.

#3Mister_ZurkonPosted 12/29/2010 1:10:25 AM
I know...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way. Though I didn't find the ending so much as confusing as just not something that should be anywhere near a PE game, spin off or not.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#4hakanakumono(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2010 1:13:25 AM

It would have been better off as a new series with new characters. But more than that, it should have made sense. The ending just doesn't make sense. You can't just explain things as having some sort of magical basis without any explanation.

The story of the game is that someone was getting shot by a swat team at their wedding (for no reason?) then another person who loved them suddenly gained the power to jump into their body and possess them. Then that action, for whatever reason, broke their soul. Then for whatever reason, the pieces of their soul became monsters and destroyed NY.

Makes. No. Sense.

I really can't believe this. I can't believe it.

#5SilentPandaPosted 12/29/2010 1:14:41 AM
Aya's soul created the Twisted, but Eve's body created the High One,
---
"Now, there are basically four people in the building. Batman, Two-Face, Gordon, and his family." - SIlvanus350
#6hakanakumono(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2010 1:15:26 AM

But that still doesn't help anything. :(

#7Mister_ZurkonPosted 12/29/2010 1:17:11 AM
The real question is why does Aya, a person who seems pure hearted enough to be a Disney Princess, have a soul that when shattered becomes a reality obliterating abomination?

Assuming we are ignoring how stupid getting "Soul Powers" is in a PE game.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#8hakanakumono(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2010 1:17:46 AM

I thought when you complete the game its supposed to unlock a movie gallery?

#9hakanakumono(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2010 1:18:51 AM

Mister_Zurkon posted...
The real question is why does Aya, a person who seems pure hearted enough to be a Disney Princess, have a soul that when shattered becomes a reality obliterating abomination?

Assuming we are ignoring how stupid getting "Soul Powers" is in a PE game.
---

Shattering souls make no sense in general.

My god I was hoping this would have some sort of scientific basis. What happened to DNA? If they make a Sequel, they had better retcon this.

#10AstralApachePosted 12/29/2010 1:19:55 AM
Well, as far as I understood Eve rewritten the time in the end so there won't be any of the Twisted stuff at all. So the sequel may be something completely unrelated and the game may as well be forgotten (which many people will do, not that I'm blaming them). Though as I said in another topic, I'll still wait for the English version to read the database and other text stuff.
---
I work on green tea