The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Guess we can discard at the moment PE 3 for PSVita...

#1SoraandRoxasFanPosted 10/7/2012 12:49:06 PM
Tabata has made the following comment after recieving one of Playstation yearly awards when he was interviewed by SCE:

Source: http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=3591

When I first experienced it, I thought the screen was indeed large and beautiful. The touch screen function worked well, overall I had an impression it was an exceedingly good piece of hardware. Since I continued making Final Fantasy titles on the PSP, I myself have an interest in going to a larger device, and as someone concerned with game production, there is nothing other than the Vita that offers that largeness and high density, high luminescence, and ability to draw high quality graphic images.''

'' With all that in mind, its a very appealing device. I already had wanted to create a genuine Final Fantasy title for mobile devices and I ended up making Final Fantasy Type-0, so I cant say immediately that there is something in mind, but if there is an opportunity Id definitely like to try making a game for the PS Vita.

S-E seems to be afraid of making a game only for PSVita, we know that FF X HD (which probably doesn't exist) and that unknown A-RPG made with Unity are for PS3 too.
#2PaladinCecilPosted 10/7/2012 2:48:15 PM
I check here every so often to keep an eye on Squeenix's actions concerning Aya Brea.

This is good news to me. Toriyama and Tabata utterly ruined Aya and Parasite Eve, and I don't want to see either of them anywhere near the character or franchise ever again.

I want a Parasite Eve 3 that treats Aya with the respect she deserves and makes 3rd Birthday completely noncanon. However, frankly I think my initial reaction to an announcement of any Aya or PE game would be hostile and angry, because I have absolutely no faith in Squeenix anymore. This game demolished the last good will I had toward them, and any stupid, lingering beliefs I once had that anyone at the company cares about quality in any way beyond whatever it takes to sell product.

3rd Birthday should never have been made. It was a disgraceful and insulting entry and end to what was an awesome female protagonist, but at least if it ends here, the character might retain some semblance of respectability.

And I still think Toriyama intentionally ruined Aya to keep her from being a "rival" of Lightning for spot of most memorable strong female protagonist at Squeenix. Because that's the behavior of a hack, and Toriyama is most definitely a hack.
---
"Without me along, who will heal you when you're hurt?" - Rosa Farrell, Final Fantasy IV
#3SoraandRoxasFan(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 9:11:25 AM
*Sigh* Are you so pessimistic only because they ruined Aya and you doubt they will fix it? Have you read the translation of two pages from T3B Insider book that one user made this last summer?

Aya's going to be back because

HUGE SPOILERS

everything is a dream made by Eve, it's proven that the Aya we see at the secret ending is her soul and Everett's many worlds interpretation which is used in this game's plot makes the game officially not canon. Also there's no way Eve can bring down the Twisted in the new world created after killing Aya.

END SPOILERS
#4solidoutlawPosted 10/8/2012 7:53:50 PM
Wait, so everything was literally a dream? The game is OFFICIAL OFFICIAL (OFFICIAL) non canon?! Please let it be true!
---
PSN: rayplay I have not played P4 yet so pls don't spoil!!
"Wow, there's more hate in here than a K K K meeting!"
#5SoraandRoxasFan(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 8:16:21 AM
^
SPOILERS

Sort of, according to a theory made by kyushudanji what Kyle meant with going on a journey to find eternity was that he wants to find the source of youth/immortality Eve and Aya have.For PE2's organisation, owning this source of youth would give them power to control the world, that's the reason why Kyle says to Eve ''Eternity is inside of you'' . It's the only detail that doesn't match at all with the rest of the plot because Kyle already has mithocondrial powers due to Eve's mithocondria.

Also the Twisted never came from the future, they use people's bodies/blood as a medium to be born. When the Twisted make an appearance they cause time-space distortion and to conclude, all the existing parallel worlds can't merge into one world because history in each world is completely different from other worlds.Moreover Eve's ghost is made of remains of Eve's body.

END SPOILERS
#6PaladinCecilPosted 10/12/2012 5:47:22 PM(edited)
SoraandRoxasFan posted...
*Sigh* Are you so pessimistic only because they ruined Aya and you doubt they will fix it? Have you read the translation of two pages from T3B Insider book that one user made this last summer?

Aya's going to be back because

HUGE SPOILERS

everything is a dream made by Eve, it's proven that the Aya we see at the secret ending is her soul and Everett's many worlds interpretation which is used in this game's plot makes the game officially not canon. Also there's no way Eve can bring down the Twisted in the new world created after killing Aya.

END SPOILERS

Took me a while to get back to responding to this.

No. That's not good enough. I'm sick as hell of Squeenix pulling that kind of garbage. They make an awful game or one where they do something absolutely horrendous, and instead of actually fixing it, they try to weasel out of setting things right. Their two responses whenever they completely ruin a story or characters, which is far too often in addition to what happened to Aya, is to either ignore the character and series afterward, or try to create sequels and spinoffs that "explain" the awfulness they tried to force into being canon.

I don't want them to "explain" their trash. I want them to burn it out of existence as best as they can.

When it comes to SOME elements of this game, I don't blame people for liking those elements. The gameplay probably is great. And if this was a completely new IP with completely new characters, it might have been acceptable. But as a game supposedly meant to bring Aya Brea back and make her a mature cool woman, Toriyama's definition is apparently to make her look like a childish, wimpy moron primarily built to be a sex object. I do know the ending to the game, and that will never change that he and Tabata tried to make Aya into this abomination. It's still Aya in the eyes of anyone that didn't finish the game or never played it.

Aya was a great character, and someone that had actual respect for the IP and its characters could have single-handedly proven at once that female protagonists are sellable AND that video games can have some intelligence to them, which are two key things Parasite Eve did back in the late 90s, albeit it wasn't the only one to push toward that in either case back then. Instead, we got the wet dreams of horny otaku using their skills to make new material for themselves. Which I wouldn't mind if it was an unofficial fan game, but under the conditions of this game, hell no.

And it's pretty obvious that overall, Toriyama's the worst culprit of the company. We've seen him pull this trash with FFX-2, and we have concrete proof that back when Sakaguchi was around to stop the company from doing stupid crap, Toriyama had to have his plans for the Honeybee Inn constantly cut back for going too far.
---
"Without me along, who will heal you when you're hurt?" - Rosa Farrell, Final Fantasy IV
#7SoraandRoxasFan(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 5:38:00 AM
^ If you have read my previous comments I've said they're ALREADY retconning this game. The only thing we have to worry about Parasite Eve 3 is who's going to be the writer, which makes me be afraid of how they're going to portray characters ( in regards to characters' dialogues)

They've put alternative clothes and the shower scene in order to refill the game with content because it's a spin-off and the space in a UMD disk is small. It was done too as a way of advertising this game in Japan, not because they wanted Lightning to steal the spotlight to Aya.
#8cherryblossom7Posted 10/13/2012 8:34:39 AM
Lol,Toriyama gets torn to pieces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVTykdkNDEo
---
Swimming,it's more fun in the Philippines lol
#9PaladinCecilPosted 10/13/2012 9:51:23 PM
SoraandRoxasFan posted...
^ If you have read my previous comments I've said they're ALREADY retconning this game. The only thing we have to worry about Parasite Eve 3 is who's going to be the writer, which makes me be afraid of how they're going to portray characters ( in regards to characters' dialogues)

They've put alternative clothes and the shower scene in order to refill the game with content because it's a spin-off and the space in a UMD disk is small. It was done too as a way of advertising this game in Japan, not because they wanted Lightning to steal the spotlight to Aya.

I think where there's a clash of understanding here is that you see a retcon as being the same thing as making something no longer canon, when it's not.

A retcon makes something no longer part of canon BUT does so in such a way that what it's retconning still happened in the real canon in some way before the change. Retcon stands for retroactive continuity, which means revealing some new piece of information that alters canon so that what was thought to be one thing actually turned out to be another thing.

This is what the thing you keep mentioning from that Insider thing is. A retcon. The events of 3rd Birthday still happened and took place in the Parasite Eve canonical universe, even if they're in some character's head or timelines changed. They still happened.

That's not what I want. I want 3rd Birthday to flat out have NEVER happened, not even as some wild fantasy. 3rd Birthday should be completely disowned.

I'm sure that notion upsets people that love this game, but if Squeenix didn't want 3rd Birthday to end up in this position, they never should have gone out of their way to butcher Aya and Parasite Eve into a sick joke when this was blatantly a game that should've had absolutely nothing to do with Aya or Parasite Eve.

The best I can tell you is that if you want the good elements of 3rd Birthday to get more appreciation and respect, tell Squeenix to make a Parasite Eve 3 that makes this 3rd Birthday not canon while remaking 3rd Birthday itself into a brand new IP with completely different characters. That's the only chance 3rd Birthday could possibly have. Not just with me, but from my own looking around online I can say happily that most people appear to see 3rd Birthday for how disrespectful and insulting it is to Aya, Parasite Eve and female protagonists in general. Despite the people that seem to blindly support this game, in general it's most well known at present for being a cancer to the video game medium and the lowest Squeenix has ever sunk. There's no breaking free of that without doing the above.
---
#10SoraandRoxasFan(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2012 5:04:05 AM
^
SPOILERS

*facepalm* Do you really think I don't want a PE3? I don't defend this game's fanservice, in fact I was pissed off when I saw them focusing in all that stuff about clothes instead of gameplay and story, what I'm telling you is that this game's story never happened because everything you see in this game is a product of Eve's mind, a dream, she has been kidnapped by Kyle and Aya will have to rescue her.

Of course they have sexualised Aya, but it was also due to some people who asked them to make the shower scene.(what's funny is that Tabata said they were embarrased after adding it to the game)

END SPOILERS