How to unlock everything and prep for Deadly/Genocide?

#1mMarikomPosted 10/26/2012 3:05:07 PM
So I'm just starting the game and I want to be able to beat it on every difficulty and ideally unlock everything? Does anyone have any advice in terms of faqs and tips for doing so (OE chips, everything else)? And should I start or normal, hard, or easy? Any advice is really appreciated. Please and thanks!
---
PSN: Arent_We_Clever
3DS Friend Code: 2234 8016 4687 Nickname: Mariko
#2SSj7CloudSPosted 10/26/2012 4:00:58 PM(edited)
Play on normal, hard mode requires too much grinding to make up for what you'd normally have from normal mode that it kills the fun of the game. This lets you do a very natural progression of Normal into Hard into Deadly into Insane.

You'll get everything by earning feats in the game. Feats are always recorded upon getting so you never need to get them twice nor should you feel pressured to get them all in one run, some are simply too hard to do at the time so come back when you're stronger. You'll have an option called Case Training that lets you replay any story mission and specific chapter to get feats missed or just to grind. You'll want to do this as earning feats unlocks better weapon upgrades and earns you bonus BP, they also count towards unlocking one of the best costumes when you start getting them on Hard mode and higher, Lightning's attire.

As far as OE setups on your board, it isn't too much to worry about on Normal but you'll still want to get what chips you can. Aim at least to have stuff like Energy Defense, Barrier, Kill Boost, Reraise, Power Surge whenever you can. For what you want your board to look like ultimately, here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951987-the-3rd-birthday/59508283 I and a few others talk about it some in this older thread. You'll notice we all list off at least 6-7 of the same abilities so you'll find very quickly what the must haves are.

For anything else you want to unlock be they assist codes or other costumes the cheats section here has that all listed.
---
Playing: Borderlands 2, FFXIII-2, Mugen Souls.
PSN: jext77
#3mMarikom(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2012 7:09:07 PM
Wow much appreciated any other advice would be awesome too but this is really great
---
#4SSj7CloudSPosted 10/26/2012 7:27:42 PM
Only other thing I can think of is you may have questions as how to unlock some feats as the title of the feat for a few of them is actually quite misleading. I'll just redirect you to a topic where I covered every feat for someone else.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951987-the-3rd-birthday/59430580

Later posts from myself and a couple others do touch up a few things from my original descriptions or add in more details about what the feats actually meant so it's worth reading the posts after that to see what corrections were made to a few of them as at the time, we didn't know what were the exact requirements of the feats. It's a bit of a long read I admit but it's one of the more descriptive guides we have here concerning feats and it has helped a number of others that came here asking similar questions so it is worth checking out I think.

As far as what stuff to use, since you're in the early stages just play around with what weapons you like. For a general recommendation though Assault Rifles will carry you through normal and most of hard mode so they're good weapons to default to.

Oh also, how weapon leveling up works is that they all max out at 9, and each difficulty has a sort of cap to it before you need to move onto the next difficulty to keep raising them. While it is possible to continue to gain weapon exp, it's diminished so far that you'll be firing off a million rounds before you ever see another weapon level. They are:

Normal: around level 3-4
Hard: level 6
Deadly: level 7-8 (possible to hit 8 without it taking forever, but you're still better off moving into Insane mode as it's faster)
Insane: 8-max

There are a couple little tips and tricks you can do to boost weapon levels and exp/bp but they generally won't be worth doing until you're on Deadly. Insane is better as the values are worth the most without ever lowering (if enemies are lower leveled than you, you get less EXP but BP gain is always the same) but Deadly is still worth doing this in if you need to catch up on anything, extra BP to buy things, need to level up a weapon lagging behind or gain a few extra levels for some additional HP. I can go over those with you when you're at a point to be able to do them should you need them.
---
Playing: Borderlands 2, FFXIII-2, Mugen Souls.
PSN: jext77
#5mMarikom(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2012 9:30:34 PM
This is pretty much the most awesome set of resources ever. Thanks so much. I will keep proceeding through on Normal and see how things go when I reach hard.
---
#6solidoutlawPosted 11/3/2012 11:08:05 PM
I don't know whats more shocking. Mariko on the 3rd birthday boards, or the fact that you didn't have to bump your topic :p
---
PSN: rayplay I have not played P4 yet so pls don't spoil!!
"Wow, there's more hate in here than a K K K meeting!"
#7mMarikom(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 12:35:06 PM
solidoutlaw posted...
I don't know whats more shocking. Mariko on the 3rd birthday boards, or the fact that you didn't have to bump your topic :p

Why is it shocking that I went on the 3B boards? You'll see my posts on the Parasite Eve 1 and 2 boards too
---
#8solidoutlawPosted 11/7/2012 7:07:42 PM
mMarikom posted...
solidoutlaw posted...

Why is it shocking that I went on the 3B boards? You'll see my posts on the Parasite Eve 1 and 2 boards too

Because I tend to find you on random boards. Haven't gotten used to it yet. Though I don't think I've seen you on the corpse party boards yet.
---
#9mMarikom(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 10:23:41 PM
solidoutlaw posted...
mMarikom posted...
solidoutlaw posted...

Because I tend to find you on random boards. Haven't gotten used to it yet. Though I don't think I've seen you on the corpse party boards yet.

That's because I beat corpse party a LONG time ago. Got it when it first came out. Got to Chapter 5 Ayumi ending on my own. Followed flowchart. Got remaining endings that I cared about. If there's one thing I will say it's that their teacher is a freaking boss. Loving her students till the end. I love that the extra end of another chapter focused on her after the events of chapter 5. I did however watch the endings that I didn't get on youtube.

The game got to me multiple times, especially Ayumi ending, the recollection of the events that occurred at Heavenly Host and a bad ending involving Yuka.

I tried to keep that as spoiler free as possible
---
#10solidoutlawPosted 11/8/2012 2:35:47 PM
mMarikom posted...
solidoutlaw posted...
mMarikom posted...
solidoutlaw posted...

That's because I beat corpse party a LONG time ago. Got it when it first came out. Got to Chapter 5 Ayumi ending on my own. Followed flowchart. Got remaining endings that I cared about. If there's one thing I will say it's that their teacher is a freaking boss. Loving her students till the end. I love that the extra end of another chapter focused on her after the events of chapter 5. I did however watch the endings that I didn't get on youtube.

The game got to me multiple times, especially Ayumi ending, the recollection of the events that occurred at Heavenly Host and a bad ending involving Yuka.

I tried to keep that as spoiler free as possible

You don't have to keep it spoiler free (unless you were afraid of someone else on this board who hadn't played it being spoiled) since I got the game last Christmas and finished it multiple times already. Did you ever play the PC 98 version? Some guys from the board translated the game.
---